Deleting the Norton Toolbar - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Deleting the Norton Toolbar - Mozilla ; Right after I installed the latest version of Norton Internet Secuirty my RoboForm toolbar started acting up. All I get is a Close button. RoboForm says my Firefox install is corupt, even on a second machine that I seldom use ...

  1. Deleting the Norton Toolbar

    Right after I installed the latest version of Norton Internet Secuirty
    my RoboForm toolbar started acting up. All I get is a Close button.
    RoboForm says my Firefox install is corupt, even on a second machine
    that I seldom use to browse. I've tried disabling all my other
    extensions without sucess. I can't find out how to get rid of the
    Norton toolbar. I can disable it in Norton, but not get rid of it.
    Any thoughts?

  2. Re: Deleting the Norton Toolbar

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 14:39:41 -0700, Curt Rowe wrote:

    >Right after I installed the latest version of Norton Internet Secuirty
    >my RoboForm toolbar started acting up. All I get is a Close button.
    >RoboForm says my Firefox install is corupt, even on a second machine
    >that I seldom use to browse. I've tried disabling all my other
    >extensions without sucess. I can't find out how to get rid of the
    >Norton toolbar. I can disable it in Norton, but not get rid of it.
    >Any thoughts?

    I found a work around. It's at: http://kev.deadsquid.com/?p=663
    Roboform now works.

  3. Re: Deleting the Norton Toolbar

    Curt Rowe wrote:
    > Right after I installed the latest version of Norton Internet Secuirty
    > my RoboForm toolbar started acting up. All I get is a Close button.
    > RoboForm says my Firefox install is corupt, even on a second machine
    > that I seldom use to browse. I've tried disabling all my other
    > extensions without sucess. I can't find out how to get rid of the
    > Norton toolbar. I can disable it in Norton, but not get rid of it.
    > Any thoughts?

    Go to the Norton site, and download their complete uninstall program,
    and run it. The buy a good firewall/AV program, or use one of the good
    free ones.

  4. Re: Deleting the Norton Toolbar

    Curt Rowe wrote:
    > Right after I installed the latest version of Norton Internet Secuirty
    > my RoboForm toolbar started acting up. All I get is a Close button.
    > RoboForm says my Firefox install is corupt, even on a second machine
    > that I seldom use to browse. I've tried disabling all my other
    > extensions without sucess. I can't find out how to get rid of the
    > Norton toolbar. I can disable it in Norton, but not get rid of it.
    > Any thoughts?

    Yeah, get rid of Norton and get Kaspersky Internet Security 8.

    http://www.kaspersky.com

  5. Re: Deleting the Norton Toolbar

    Curt Rowe wrote:
    > Right after I installed the latest version of Norton Internet Secuirty
    > my RoboForm toolbar started acting up. All I get is a Close button.
    > RoboForm says my Firefox install is corupt, even on a second machine
    > that I seldom use to browse. I've tried disabling all my other
    > extensions without sucess. I can't find out how to get rid of the
    > Norton toolbar. I can disable it in Norton, but not get rid of it.
    > Any thoughts?

    As with all Norton products the best procedure is :
    Reboot with a DOS floppy.
    Delete your C drive partition
    Recreate it.
    Format your HD.
    Install Windows.

    If you do any less than that you're always going to wonder if any
    subsequent problems are due to installing it and never being able to
    completely remove it no matter what you do.

+ Reply to Thread