Thunderbird dont connect to server - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Thunderbird dont connect to server - Mozilla ; I have Xp and TB 2.0016. When I start TB, I get error msg "Coud't connect to server "server name" Conection prevented" (I have FI -version, so I dont know how this error msg is in english). I have uninstalled/install ...

  1. Thunderbird dont connect to server

    I have Xp and TB 2.0016. When I start TB, I get error msg "Coud't connect to
    server "server name" Conection prevented" (I have FI -version, so I dont
    know how this error msg is in english).

    I have uninstalled/install TB many times, use CCleaner and deleted all TB' s
    folder. And error msg appears every time I start TB.

    Ealier TB works well. And all settings and isp is correct. (And this is not
    Firewall problem)

    What can I do now? I search older TB versions to install first and to see if
    TB works, but there are only the new version to load. (I have the same
    problem whit Firefox, and when I installed new version, it beging to work.
    Both programs ended working in same day.)

    -lt-

  2. Re: Thunderbird dont connect to server

    On 8/13/2008 joku.muu said
    > (And this is not
    > Firewall problem)

    How do you know it is not a firewall problem? It sure sounds like one
    to me! Remove all references to TB from your firewall and try TB 2.0016
    again. Does your firewall ask for permission? If so, allow it.
    --
    Irwin