Continual Password request - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Continual Password request - Mozilla ; HELP! My email server has been qwest for several years. They just informed me that I have to change my email settings (user name for incoming & outgoing) from qwest.net to qwestoffice.net. I did this and now Thunderbird requests my ...

  1. Continual Password request

    HELP!
    My email server has been qwest for several years. They just informed me
    that I have to change my email settings (user name for incoming & outgoing)
    from qwest.net to qwestoffice.net.
    I did this and now Thunderbird requests my password everythime I try to get
    mail or send mail. Then when I put in my password and ck the remember box
    and hit enter an alert comes up that says my password has failed. I
    actually can receive and send mail but the request for password is very
    irritating. It will not go away until I hit cancel.
    I have tried everything that I feel capable of doing in the Thunderbird
    knowledge base to try to remidie this password request. I have not tried to
    uninstall or reinstall as I am afraid of losing my addresses and emails.
    What the heck can I do to fix this.
    Thanks,
    J Bonzer

    jbonzer@qwestoffice.net

  2. Re: Continual Password request

    J Bonzer keyboarded, On 8/13/2008 11:13 AM :
    > HELP!
    > My email server has been qwest for several years. They just informed me
    > that I have to change my email settings (user name for incoming & outgoing)
    > from qwest.net to qwestoffice.net.
    > I did this and now Thunderbird requests my password everythime I try to get
    > mail or send mail. Then when I put in my password and ck the remember box
    > and hit enter an alert comes up that says my password has failed. I
    > actually can receive and send mail but the request for password is very
    > irritating. It will not go away until I hit cancel.
    > I have tried everything that I feel capable of doing in the Thunderbird
    > knowledge base to try to remidie this password request. I have not tried to
    > uninstall or reinstall as I am afraid of losing my addresses and emails.
    > What the heck can I do to fix this.
    > Thanks,
    > J Bonzer

    Some general information. Installing of Tb is done into a program folder
    that is independent of the location of your personal profile. Un-installs
    and reinstalls only effect the content of the program folder. Next popint
    is it is rare that the program needs to be reinstalled. Most cases are
    resolved by fixing the profile issues triggering a problem.

    Did you edit the account info by use of the Account Settings.. item and
    resulting Account Manager dialog window? Were those edits in both the
    Qwest account and the Outgoing Servers category as seen in the left pane of
    the dialog?

    --
    Ron K.

  3. Re: Continual Password request

    "Ron K." schreef in bericht
    news:bMidnZDjydoSgD7VnZ2dnUVZ_jmdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >J Bonzer keyboarded, On 8/13/2008 11:13 AM :
    >> HELP!

    ////
    >> What the heck can I do to fix this.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> J Bonzer
    >>

    > Some general information. Installing of Tb is done into a program folder
    > that is independent of the location of your personal profile. Un-installs
    > and reinstalls only effect the content of the program folder. Next popint
    > is it is rare that the program needs to be reinstalled. Most cases are
    > resolved by fixing the profile issues triggering a problem.
    >
    > Did you edit the account info by use of the Account Settings.. item and
    > resulting Account Manager dialog window? Were those edits in both the
    > Qwest account and the Outgoing Servers category as seen in the left pane
    > of the dialog?
    > --
    > Ron K.
    > Who is General Failure, and why is he searching my HDD?
    > Kernel Restore reported Major Error used BSOD to msg the enemy!

    Ron,
    Many messages passed in this news exchange facility, but everytime I read
    your messages, somehow, there's a big smile on my face. I can't help myself!
    No, sorry, not because of the content of your message/ reply, for they are
    always of a superb quality, but just because of your sig!

    I know, this message is totally OT, but somehow I wanted you to know!
    ;-)
    Angelique

  4. Re: Continual Password request

    Cat Astrophy keyboarded, On 8/13/2008 5:36 PM :
    > "Ron K." schreef in bericht
    > news:bMidnZDjydoSgD7VnZ2dnUVZ_jmdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> J Bonzer keyboarded, On 8/13/2008 11:13 AM :
    >>> HELP!

    > ////
    >>> What the heck can I do to fix this.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> J Bonzer
    >>>

    >> Some general information. Installing of Tb is done into a program folder
    >> that is independent of the location of your personal profile. Un-installs
    >> and reinstalls only effect the content of the program folder. Next popint
    >> is it is rare that the program needs to be reinstalled. Most cases are
    >> resolved by fixing the profile issues triggering a problem.
    >>
    >> Did you edit the account info by use of the Account Settings.. item and
    >> resulting Account Manager dialog window? Were those edits in both the
    >> Qwest account and the Outgoing Servers category as seen in the left pane
    >> of the dialog?
    >> --
    >> Ron K.
    >> Who is General Failure, and why is he searching my HDD?
    >> Kernel Restore reported Major Error used BSOD to msg the enemy!

    > Ron,
    > Many messages passed in this news exchange facility, but everytime I read
    > your messages, somehow, there's a big smile on my face. I can't help myself!
    > No, sorry, not because of the content of your message/ reply, for they are
    > always of a superb quality, but just because of your sig!
    >
    > I know, this message is totally OT, but somehow I wanted you to know!
    > ;-)
    > Angelique

    A friend who is on the Admis staff of another server had the first line of
    this sig in His sig block. I also thought it was fun and added the second
    line to extend the humor with a little play on words. );=))

    There is another reason I switch Sigs for different groups. It helps me
    identify the groups I reply to when looking in the sent folder.

    --
    Ron K.