add-ons for firefox - Mozilla

This is a discussion on add-ons for firefox - Mozilla ; Hi everyone, I have these add-ons installed: Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5 Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5 ColorfulTabs 3.3 Console 0.3.9.1 DOM Inspector 2.0.0 Video DownloadHelper 3.2 Fission 1.0 Flagfox 3.2.8 Link Alert 0.8.2.1 Noscript 1.7.8 (disabled) PDF Download 2.0.0.0 Show ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 103

  1. add-ons for firefox

    Hi everyone,

    I have these add-ons installed:

    Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
    Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5
    ColorfulTabs 3.3
    Console 0.3.9.1
    DOM Inspector 2.0.0
    Video DownloadHelper 3.2
    Fission 1.0
    Flagfox 3.2.8
    Link Alert 0.8.2.1
    Noscript 1.7.8 (disabled)
    PDF Download 2.0.0.0
    Show Go! 1.0.3
    Undo Closed Tabs Button 3.0.3 (disabled)
    United States English Dictionary 3.0.3
    Web Developer 1.1.6

    I would just like to get everyone's personal recommendation on add-ons I
    might want to install and if there are any that I have installed that
    should be removed because they could cause a problem. I know Mozilla has
    a list of recommended add-ons but I have heard some of them can cause
    problems (like the Undo Closed Tabs Button add-on, that's why it is
    disabled). Anyway, just tell me what you think.
    Thanks,
    JM

  2. Re: add-ons for firefox

    JM keyboarded, On 8/12/2008 4:42 PM :
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I have these add-ons installed:
    >
    > Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
    > Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5
    > ColorfulTabs 3.3
    > Console 0.3.9.1
    > DOM Inspector 2.0.0
    > Video DownloadHelper 3.2
    > Fission 1.0
    > Flagfox 3.2.8
    > Link Alert 0.8.2.1
    > Noscript 1.7.8 (disabled)
    > PDF Download 2.0.0.0
    > Show Go! 1.0.3
    > Undo Closed Tabs Button 3.0.3 (disabled)
    > United States English Dictionary 3.0.3
    > Web Developer 1.1.6
    >
    > I would just like to get everyone's personal recommendation on add-ons I
    > might want to install and if there are any that I have installed that
    > should be removed because they could cause a problem. I know Mozilla has
    > a list of recommended add-ons but I have heard some of them can cause
    > problems (like the Undo Closed Tabs Button add-on, that's why it is
    > disabled). Anyway, just tell me what you think.
    > Thanks,
    > JM

    One I consider is must is MR Tech Toolkit, formarly named Local Install.
    This is a Swiss Army Knife sort of toolkit for both Fx and Tbird to ease
    cut & paste of extension lists, access to userChrome and userContent style
    sheets, and many other features.

    --
    Ron K.

  3. Re: add-ons for firefox

    "JM" <1@2.3> wrote in message
    news:04idnQ2cuqeOazzVnZ2dnUVZ_uWdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I have these add-ons installed:
    >
    > Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
    > Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5
    > ColorfulTabs 3.3
    > Console 0.3.9.1
    > DOM Inspector 2.0.0
    > Video DownloadHelper 3.2
    > Fission 1.0
    > Flagfox 3.2.8
    > Link Alert 0.8.2.1
    > Noscript 1.7.8 (disabled)
    > PDF Download 2.0.0.0
    > Show Go! 1.0.3
    > Undo Closed Tabs Button 3.0.3 (disabled)
    > United States English Dictionary 3.0.3
    > Web Developer 1.1.6
    >
    > I would just like to get everyone's personal recommendation on add-ons I
    > might want to install and if there are any that I have installed that
    > should be removed because they could cause a problem. I know Mozilla has a
    > list of recommended add-ons but I have heard some of them can cause
    > problems (like the Undo Closed Tabs Button add-on, that's why it is
    > disabled). Anyway, just tell me what you think.
    > Thanks,
    > JM

    Tab Mix Plus, PrefBar, NoScript, Forcastfox are among my favorites.

    Jeff

  4. Re: add-ons for firefox

    Jeff@unknown.com wrote:
    > "JM" <1@2.3> wrote in message
    > news:04idnQ2cuqeOazzVnZ2dnUVZ_uWdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> Hi everyone,
    >>
    >> I have these add-ons installed:
    >>
    >> Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
    >> Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5
    >> ColorfulTabs 3.3
    >> Console 0.3.9.1
    >> DOM Inspector 2.0.0
    >> Video DownloadHelper 3.2
    >> Fission 1.0
    >> Flagfox 3.2.8
    >> Link Alert 0.8.2.1
    >> Noscript 1.7.8 (disabled)
    >> PDF Download 2.0.0.0
    >> Show Go! 1.0.3
    >> Undo Closed Tabs Button 3.0.3 (disabled)
    >> United States English Dictionary 3.0.3
    >> Web Developer 1.1.6
    >>
    >> I would just like to get everyone's personal recommendation on add-ons I
    >> might want to install and if there are any that I have installed that
    >> should be removed because they could cause a problem. I know Mozilla has a
    >> list of recommended add-ons but I have heard some of them can cause
    >> problems (like the Undo Closed Tabs Button add-on, that's why it is
    >> disabled). Anyway, just tell me what you think.
    >> Thanks,
    >> JM

    > Tab Mix Plus, PrefBar, NoScript, Forcastfox are among my favorites.
    >
    > Jeff

    I don't have Tab Mix Plus anymore because of some of the issues it
    caused. Noscript I have disabled because I got tired of having to enable
    scripts for every site I went to. I tried Forcastfox and didn't like it.

    I did some searches on the Prefbar add-on and couldn't find anything.
    Could someone give me a link to it?

  5. Re: add-ons for firefox

    Ron K. wrote:
    > JM keyboarded, On 8/12/2008 4:42 PM :
    >> Hi everyone,
    >>
    >> I have these add-ons installed:
    >>
    >> Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
    >> Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5
    >> ColorfulTabs 3.3
    >> Console 0.3.9.1
    >> DOM Inspector 2.0.0
    >> Video DownloadHelper 3.2
    >> Fission 1.0
    >> Flagfox 3.2.8
    >> Link Alert 0.8.2.1
    >> Noscript 1.7.8 (disabled)
    >> PDF Download 2.0.0.0
    >> Show Go! 1.0.3
    >> Undo Closed Tabs Button 3.0.3 (disabled)
    >> United States English Dictionary 3.0.3
    >> Web Developer 1.1.6
    >>
    >> I would just like to get everyone's personal recommendation on add-ons
    >> I might want to install and if there are any that I have installed
    >> that should be removed because they could cause a problem. I know
    >> Mozilla has a list of recommended add-ons but I have heard some of
    >> them can cause problems (like the Undo Closed Tabs Button add-on,
    >> that's why it is disabled). Anyway, just tell me what you think.
    >> Thanks,
    >> JM

    > One I consider is must is MR Tech Toolkit, formarly named Local Install.
    > This is a Swiss Army Knife sort of toolkit for both Fx and Tbird to ease
    > cut & paste of extension lists, access to userChrome and userContent
    > style sheets, and many other features.

    I just downloaded and installed MR Tech Toolkit. I love it. I can't
    think of running Firefox without it now. I especially liked the feature
    that allows you to disable the delay before installing and extension.
    Thanks a lot.

  6. Re: add-ons for firefox

    "JM" <1@2.3> wrote in message
    > Ron K. wrote:
    >> JM keyboarded, On 8/12/2008 4:42 PM :
    >>> Hi everyone,
    >>>
    >>> I have these add-ons installed:
    >>>
    >>> Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
    >>> Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5
    >>> ColorfulTabs 3.3
    >>> Console 0.3.9.1
    >>> DOM Inspector 2.0.0
    >>> Video DownloadHelper 3.2
    >>> Fission 1.0
    >>> Flagfox 3.2.8
    >>> Link Alert 0.8.2.1
    >>> Noscript 1.7.8 (disabled)
    >>> PDF Download 2.0.0.0
    >>> Show Go! 1.0.3
    >>> Undo Closed Tabs Button 3.0.3 (disabled)
    >>> United States English Dictionary 3.0.3
    >>> Web Developer 1.1.6
    >>>
    >>> I would just like to get everyone's personal recommendation on add-ons I
    >>> might want to install and if there are any that I have installed that
    >>> should be removed because they could cause a problem. I know Mozilla has
    >>> a list of recommended add-ons but I have heard some of them can cause
    >>> problems (like the Undo Closed Tabs Button add-on, that's why it is
    >>> disabled). Anyway, just tell me what you think.
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> JM

    >> One I consider is must is MR Tech Toolkit, formarly named Local Install.
    >> This is a Swiss Army Knife sort of toolkit for both Fx and Tbird to ease
    >> cut & paste of extension lists, access to userChrome and userContent
    >> style sheets, and many other features.
    >>

    > I just downloaded and installed MR Tech Toolkit. I love it. I can't think
    > of running Firefox without it now. I especially liked the feature that
    > allows you to disable the delay before installing and extension. Thanks a
    > lot.

    How large an addon is MR Tech Toolkit?

  7. Re: add-ons for firefox

    JM wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I have these add-ons installed:
    >
    > Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
    > Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5
    > ColorfulTabs 3.3
    > Console 0.3.9.1
    > DOM Inspector 2.0.0
    > Video DownloadHelper 3.2
    > Fission 1.0
    > Flagfox 3.2.8
    > Link Alert 0.8.2.1
    > Noscript 1.7.8 (disabled)
    > PDF Download 2.0.0.0
    > Show Go! 1.0.3
    > Undo Closed Tabs Button 3.0.3 (disabled)
    > United States English Dictionary 3.0.3
    > Web Developer 1.1.6
    >
    > I would just like to get everyone's personal recommendation on add-ons I
    > might want to install and if there are any that I have installed that
    > should be removed because they could cause a problem. I know Mozilla has
    > a list of recommended add-ons but I have heard some of them can cause
    > problems (like the Undo Closed Tabs Button add-on, that's why it is
    > disabled). Anyway, just tell me what you think.
    > Thanks,
    > JM

    These are the ones I find useful. You will note some duplications with
    yours.
    ..
    - Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
    - Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5
    - Calculator 1.1.12
    - ColorfulTabs 3.2
    - Define 1.2.2
    - Download Statusbar 0.9.6.3
    - Exif Viewer 1.45
    - Extended Statusbar 1.2.8
    - Favicon Picker 3 0.4.0.5
    - Fission 1.0
    - Flagfox 3.2.7
    - Flashblock 1.5.6
    - Google Gears 0.3.24.3
    - IE Tab 1.5.20080618
    - Java Console 6.0.10
    - Java Quick Starter 1.0
    - MR Tech Toolkit (formerly Local Install) 6.0.0.1
    - PackageMapping.com Extension 1.0.4e
    - Smart Bookmarks Bar 1.4.1
    - SQLite Manager 0.3.4
    - Tab Mix Plus 0.3.6.1.080416

    I really have no problem with them.

  8. Re: add-ons for firefox

    JM wrote:
    > Ron K. wrote:
    >> JM keyboarded, On 8/12/2008 4:42 PM :
    >>> Hi everyone,
    >>>
    >>> I have these add-ons installed:
    >>>
    >>> Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
    >>> Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5
    >>> ColorfulTabs 3.3
    >>> Console 0.3.9.1
    >>> DOM Inspector 2.0.0
    >>> Video DownloadHelper 3.2
    >>> Fission 1.0
    >>> Flagfox 3.2.8
    >>> Link Alert 0.8.2.1
    >>> Noscript 1.7.8 (disabled)
    >>> PDF Download 2.0.0.0
    >>> Show Go! 1.0.3
    >>> Undo Closed Tabs Button 3.0.3 (disabled)
    >>> United States English Dictionary 3.0.3
    >>> Web Developer 1.1.6
    >>>
    >>> I would just like to get everyone's personal recommendation on
    >>> add-ons I might want to install and if there are any that I have
    >>> installed that should be removed because they could cause a problem.
    >>> I know Mozilla has a list of recommended add-ons but I have heard
    >>> some of them can cause problems (like the Undo Closed Tabs Button
    >>> add-on, that's why it is disabled). Anyway, just tell me what you think.
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> JM

    >> One I consider is must is MR Tech Toolkit, formarly named Local
    >> Install. This is a Swiss Army Knife sort of toolkit for both Fx and
    >> Tbird to ease cut & paste of extension lists, access to userChrome and
    >> userContent style sheets, and many other features.
    >>

    > I just downloaded and installed MR Tech Toolkit. I love it. I can't
    > think of running Firefox without it now. I especially liked the feature
    > that allows you to disable the delay before installing and extension.
    > Thanks a lot.

    Another nice feature is being able to 'force' extension compatibility.

  9. Re: add-ons for firefox

    JM keyboarded, On 8/12/2008 5:44 PM :
    > Ron K. wrote:
    >> JM keyboarded, On 8/12/2008 4:42 PM :
    >>> Hi everyone,
    >>>
    >>> I have these add-ons installed:
    >>>
    >>> Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
    >>> Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5
    >>> ColorfulTabs 3.3
    >>> Console 0.3.9.1
    >>> DOM Inspector 2.0.0
    >>> Video DownloadHelper 3.2
    >>> Fission 1.0
    >>> Flagfox 3.2.8
    >>> Link Alert 0.8.2.1
    >>> Noscript 1.7.8 (disabled)
    >>> PDF Download 2.0.0.0
    >>> Show Go! 1.0.3
    >>> Undo Closed Tabs Button 3.0.3 (disabled)
    >>> United States English Dictionary 3.0.3
    >>> Web Developer 1.1.6
    >>>
    >>> I would just like to get everyone's personal recommendation on
    >>> add-ons I might want to install and if there are any that I have
    >>> installed that should be removed because they could cause a problem.
    >>> I know Mozilla has a list of recommended add-ons but I have heard
    >>> some of them can cause problems (like the Undo Closed Tabs Button
    >>> add-on, that's why it is disabled). Anyway, just tell me what you think.
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> JM

    >> One I consider is must is MR Tech Toolkit, formarly named Local
    >> Install. This is a Swiss Army Knife sort of toolkit for both Fx and
    >> Tbird to ease cut & paste of extension lists, access to userChrome and
    >> userContent style sheets, and many other features.
    >>

    > I just downloaded and installed MR Tech Toolkit. I love it. I can't
    > think of running Firefox without it now. I especially liked the feature
    > that allows you to disable the delay before installing and extension.
    > Thanks a lot.

    This is an edited list containing differences from your list and the ones
    you dropped.

    Generated: Tue Aug 12 2008 19:17:10 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
    User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.16)
    Gecko/20080702 Firefox/2.0.0.16

    Enabled Extensions:
    - Exit Button Firefox 0.4.1 - Adds a toolbar button to exit Firefox.
    - Flashblock 1.5.6 - Replaces Flash objects with a button you can click to
    view them.
    - FoxClocks 2.4.91 - Displays local times around the world in the
    statusbar/toolbar. Supports virtually all time zones.
    - InspectorWidget 2.11.20080214 - Adds button and context menus for DOMi
    - Java Console 6.0.07
    - Menu Editor 1.2.6 - Customize application menus
    - MIME Edit 0.60 - Mozilla Helper Application
    - OpenBook 1.3.4.1 - Allows for customization of the Add Bookmark dialog
    - Reuse Home Page 1.3 - Loads external links into active home or blank tabs.
    - SearchLoad Options 0.5.3 - Tweak the searchbar's functionality.
    - Storage Inspector 0.5 - Easy access to Mozilla sqlite databases
    - VeriSign EV Green Bar Extension 1.0.1.2898 - Transact online with greater
    confidence with the EV green bar.

    From this list the Exit button is a must. Nice to have are Menu Editor (Fx
    1.5 & 2 only) and MIME Edit. Reuse Home Page reduces existence of empty
    tabs. Inspector Widget is useful if your doing user chrome mods.

    --
    Ron K.

  10. Re: add-ons for firefox

    Jeff@unknown.com wrote:
    > "JM" <1@2.3> wrote in message
    >> Ron K. wrote:
    >>> JM keyboarded, On 8/12/2008 4:42 PM :

    >>> One I consider is must is MR Tech Toolkit, formarly named Local Install.
    >>> This is a Swiss Army Knife sort of toolkit for both Fx and Tbird to ease
    >>> cut & paste of extension lists, access to userChrome and userContent
    >>> style sheets, and many other features.
    >>>

    >> I just downloaded and installed MR Tech Toolkit. I love it. I can't think
    >> of running Firefox without it now. I especially liked the feature that
    >> allows you to disable the delay before installing and extension. Thanks a
    >> lot.

    > How large an addon is MR Tech Toolkit?

    It is about 300KB.

  11. Re: add-ons for firefox

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > JM wrote:
    >> Hi everyone,
    >>
    >> I have these add-ons installed:
    >>
    >> Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
    >> Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5
    >> ColorfulTabs 3.3
    >> Console 0.3.9.1
    >> DOM Inspector 2.0.0
    >> Video DownloadHelper 3.2
    >> Fission 1.0
    >> Flagfox 3.2.8
    >> Link Alert 0.8.2.1
    >> Noscript 1.7.8 (disabled)
    >> PDF Download 2.0.0.0
    >> Show Go! 1.0.3
    >> Undo Closed Tabs Button 3.0.3 (disabled)
    >> United States English Dictionary 3.0.3
    >> Web Developer 1.1.6
    >>
    >> I would just like to get everyone's personal recommendation on add-ons
    >> I might want to install and if there are any that I have installed
    >> that should be removed because they could cause a problem. I know
    >> Mozilla has a list of recommended add-ons but I have heard some of
    >> them can cause problems (like the Undo Closed Tabs Button add-on,
    >> that's why it is disabled). Anyway, just tell me what you think.
    >> Thanks,
    >> JM

    > These are the ones I find useful. You will note some duplications with
    > yours.
    > .
    > - Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
    > - Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5
    > - Calculator 1.1.12
    > - ColorfulTabs 3.2
    > - Define 1.2.2
    > - Download Statusbar 0.9.6.3
    > - Exif Viewer 1.45
    > - Extended Statusbar 1.2.8
    > - Favicon Picker 3 0.4.0.5
    > - Fission 1.0
    > - Flagfox 3.2.7
    > - Flashblock 1.5.6
    > - Google Gears 0.3.24.3
    > - IE Tab 1.5.20080618
    > - Java Console 6.0.10
    > - Java Quick Starter 1.0
    > - MR Tech Toolkit (formerly Local Install) 6.0.0.1
    > - PackageMapping.com Extension 1.0.4e
    > - Smart Bookmarks Bar 1.4.1
    > - SQLite Manager 0.3.4
    > - Tab Mix Plus 0.3.6.1.080416
    >

    > I really have no problem with them.

    I looked at the SQLite Manager one. What exactly is an SQLite database?
    I don't entirely get what that one does. I also don't understand the
    Exif Viewer one.

    I installed the Extended Statusbar, IE Tab, and Calculator. They all
    work great.

    You should try out the PDF Download and Console 2 (squared) add-ons.
    They are great.

    Thanks,

    JM

    Note: You need to upgrade Flagfox to 3.2.8 and Colorful Tabs to 3.3.

  12. Re: add-ons for firefox

    JM keyboarded, On 8/12/2008 8:14 PM :
    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >> JM wrote:
    >>> Hi everyone,
    >>>
    >>> I have these add-ons installed:
    >>>

    >>> I would just like to get everyone's personal recommendation on
    >>> add-ons I might want to install and if there are any that I have
    >>> installed that should be removed because they could cause a problem.
    >>> I know Mozilla has a list of recommended add-ons but I have heard
    >>> some of them can cause problems (like the Undo Closed Tabs Button
    >>> add-on, that's why it is disabled). Anyway, just tell me what you think.
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> JM

    >> These are the ones I find useful. You will note some duplications
    >> with yours.
    >> .
    >>
    >> - SQLite Manager 0.3.4
    >> - Tab Mix Plus 0.3.6.1.080416
    >>

    >> I really have no problem with them.

    > I looked at the SQLite Manager one. What exactly is an SQLite database?
    > I don't entirely get what that one does. I also don't understand the
    > Exif Viewer one.
    >
    > I installed the Extended Statusbar, IE Tab, and Calculator. They all
    > work great.
    >
    > You should try out the PDF Download and Console 2 (squared) add-ons.
    > They are great.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > JM
    >
    > Note: You need to upgrade Flagfox to 3.2.8 and Colorful Tabs to 3.3.

    SQLite is the open source version of SQL which was developed by Oracle. SQL
    is short for Structured Query Language, a method of working with huge data
    bases more efficiently and effectively than any of the prior Relational
    Database languages could. SQLilte is used by Fx 3.x and the future Tb 3.0
    for data storage such as bookmarks and history for Fx, and for Tb,
    permissions and cookies though additional uses are forthcoming.

    --
    Ron K.

  13. Re: add-ons for firefox

    The date and time was 8/12/2008 5:14 PM, and on a whim, JM pounded out
    on the keyboard:

    > I looked at the SQLite Manager one. What exactly is an SQLite database?
    > I don't entirely get what that one does. I also don't understand the
    > Exif Viewer one.
    >
    > I installed the Extended Statusbar, IE Tab, and Calculator. They all
    > work great.
    >
    > You should try out the PDF Download and Console 2 (squared) add-ons.
    > They are great.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > JM

    I installed the SQLite manager and it didn't work. Kept getting an
    error when I tried to edit the file. Apparently that happens to some I
    was told.

    For most users I don't see why they would use it anyway. And since most
    just organize/add/remove, all of which can be easily done without it.

    --
    Terry R.

  14. Re: add-ons for firefox

    JM wrote:
    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >> JM wrote:
    >>> Hi everyone,
    >>>
    >>> I have these add-ons installed:
    >>>
    >>> Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
    >>> Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5
    >>> ColorfulTabs 3.3
    >>> Console 0.3.9.1
    >>> DOM Inspector 2.0.0
    >>> Video DownloadHelper 3.2
    >>> Fission 1.0
    >>> Flagfox 3.2.8
    >>> Link Alert 0.8.2.1
    >>> Noscript 1.7.8 (disabled)
    >>> PDF Download 2.0.0.0
    >>> Show Go! 1.0.3
    >>> Undo Closed Tabs Button 3.0.3 (disabled)
    >>> United States English Dictionary 3.0.3
    >>> Web Developer 1.1.6
    >>>
    >>> I would just like to get everyone's personal recommendation on add-ons
    >>> I might want to install and if there are any that I have installed
    >>> that should be removed because they could cause a problem. I know
    >>> Mozilla has a list of recommended add-ons but I have heard some of
    >>> them can cause problems (like the Undo Closed Tabs Button add-on,
    >>> that's why it is disabled). Anyway, just tell me what you think.
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> JM

    >> These are the ones I find useful. You will note some duplications with
    >> yours.
    >> .
    >> - Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
    >> - Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5
    >> - Calculator 1.1.12
    >> - ColorfulTabs 3.2
    >> - Define 1.2.2
    >> - Download Statusbar 0.9.6.3
    >> - Exif Viewer 1.45
    >> - Extended Statusbar 1.2.8
    >> - Favicon Picker 3 0.4.0.5
    >> - Fission 1.0
    >> - Flagfox 3.2.7
    >> - Flashblock 1.5.6
    >> - Google Gears 0.3.24.3
    >> - IE Tab 1.5.20080618
    >> - Java Console 6.0.10
    >> - Java Quick Starter 1.0
    >> - MR Tech Toolkit (formerly Local Install) 6.0.0.1
    >> - PackageMapping.com Extension 1.0.4e
    >> - Smart Bookmarks Bar 1.4.1
    >> - SQLite Manager 0.3.4
    >> - Tab Mix Plus 0.3.6.1.080416
    >>

    >> I really have no problem with them.

    > I looked at the SQLite Manager one. What exactly is an SQLite database?
    > I don't entirely get what that one does. I also don't understand the
    > Exif Viewer one.

    SQlite is what Firefox 3 uses for storing history, bookmarks, and URLs.
    It is quite powerful, and open source.
    EXIF viewer will allow you to look at when, and on what kind of camera,
    and all the exposure, and other technical information that is stored
    with a .jpg image. Most images will have that information included, but
    it is possible to remove it, so it won't display for all images.

    > I installed the Extended Statusbar, IE Tab, and Calculator. They all
    > work great.
    >
    > You should try out the PDF Download and Console 2 (squared) add-ons.
    > They are great.

    I have no need for a PDF download as I just click on 'save' when I view
    the PDF. I have no idea what Console squared is, or does.

    > Thanks,
    >
    > JM
    >
    > Note: You need to upgrade Flagfox to 3.2.8 and Colorful Tabs to 3.3.

    I am sure they are updated, but I made that list on 7/24.

  15. Re: add-ons for firefox

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 20:08:42 -0500
    Ron Hunter wrote:

    > I have no idea what Console squared is, or does.

    It's a very good error console.

  16. Re: add-ons for firefox

    JM delighted us by sending :
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I have these add-ons installed:
    >
    > Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
    > Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5
    > ColorfulTabs 3.3
    > Console 0.3.9.1
    > DOM Inspector 2.0.0
    > Video DownloadHelper 3.2
    > Fission 1.0
    > Flagfox 3.2.8
    > Link Alert 0.8.2.1
    > Noscript 1.7.8 (disabled)
    > PDF Download 2.0.0.0
    > Show Go! 1.0.3
    > Undo Closed Tabs Button 3.0.3 (disabled)
    > United States English Dictionary 3.0.3
    > Web Developer 1.1.6
    >
    > I would just like to get everyone's personal recommendation on add-ons I
    > might want to install and if there are any that I have installed that
    > should be removed because they could cause a problem. I know Mozilla has
    > a list of recommended add-ons but I have heard some of them can cause
    > problems (like the Undo Closed Tabs Button add-on, that's why it is
    > disabled). Anyway, just tell me what you think.
    > Thanks,
    > JM

    Currently I am using,
    Adblock Plus
    Colorful Tabs
    Flagfox - flag icon of what country the page is being sent from
    Fireshot - takes screenshots but with very cool features
    Get Mail - google for it, not on mozilla add on; button to
    link your email from your ff
    McAfee SiteAdvisor
    More Tools - adds another drop down for stuff so everything
    not cluttered under the one.
    OpenBook - extremely handy box for bookmarking, has options
    Scrapbook - a handy way to save whole web pages & organize
    in folders within FF
    TinyUrl Creator - button to make short urls, very fast & easy
    QuickZoom - make the text larger or smaller without having
    to lift your hand from the keyboard, just tiny icon in
    bottom tray
    QuickNote - four tabbed notebook accessible with button, I
    find extremely handy for notes on the fly

    I was using ReminderFox then changed it to Thunderbird. Used
    Brief for RSS feeds for a long time but constant problems
    the last month or so which I never could solve, so had to
    remove. Used to use Video Download Helper and Web Developer
    which I both like much, but removed as not using lately.
    Heard mention of that Mr. Toolkit before and just added it
    and will see what’s like so thx for that info from others.

  17. Re: add-ons for firefox

    orange delighted us by sending :
    > JM delighted us by sending :
    >> Hi everyone,
    >>
    >> I have these add-ons installed:
    >>
    >> Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
    >> Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5
    >> ColorfulTabs 3.3
    >> Console 0.3.9.1
    >> DOM Inspector 2.0.0
    >> Video DownloadHelper 3.2
    >> Fission 1.0
    >> Flagfox 3.2.8
    >> Link Alert 0.8.2.1
    >> Noscript 1.7.8 (disabled)
    >> PDF Download 2.0.0.0
    >> Show Go! 1.0.3
    >> Undo Closed Tabs Button 3.0.3 (disabled)
    >> United States English Dictionary 3.0.3
    >> Web Developer 1.1.6
    >>
    >> I would just like to get everyone's personal recommendation on add-ons
    >> I might want to install and if there are any that I have installed
    >> that should be removed because they could cause a problem. I know
    >> Mozilla has a list of recommended add-ons but I have heard some of
    >> them can cause problems (like the Undo Closed Tabs Button add-on,
    >> that's why it is disabled). Anyway, just tell me what you think.
    >> Thanks,
    >> JM

    > Currently I am using,
    > Adblock Plus
    > Colorful Tabs
    > Flagfox - flag icon of what country the page is being sent from
    > Fireshot - takes screenshots but with very cool features
    > Get Mail - google for it, not on mozilla add on; button to link your
    > email from your ff
    > McAfee SiteAdvisor
    > More Tools - adds another drop down for stuff so everything not
    > cluttered under the one.
    > OpenBook - extremely handy box for bookmarking, has options
    > Scrapbook - a handy way to save whole web pages & organize in folders
    > within FF
    > TinyUrl Creator - button to make short urls, very fast & easy
    > QuickZoom - make the text larger or smaller without having to lift your
    > hand from the keyboard, just tiny icon in bottom tray
    > QuickNote - four tabbed notebook accessible with button, I find
    > extremely handy for notes on the fly
    >
    > I was using ReminderFox then changed it to Thunderbird. Used Brief for
    > RSS feeds for a long time but constant problems the last month or so
    > which I never could solve, so had to remove. Used to use Video Download
    > Helper and Web Developer which I both like much, but removed as not
    > using lately. Heard mention of that Mr. Toolkit before and just added it
    > and will see what’s like so thx for that info from others.

    Sorry, should have mentioned am using 2.0.0.16

  18. Re: add-ons for firefox

    The date and time was 8/12/2008 7:09 PM, and on a whim, orange pounded
    out on the keyboard:

    > JM delighted us by sending :
    >> Hi everyone,
    >>
    >> I have these add-ons installed:
    >>
    >> Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
    >> Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5
    >> ColorfulTabs 3.3
    >> Console 0.3.9.1
    >> DOM Inspector 2.0.0
    >> Video DownloadHelper 3.2
    >> Fission 1.0
    >> Flagfox 3.2.8
    >> Link Alert 0.8.2.1
    >> Noscript 1.7.8 (disabled)
    >> PDF Download 2.0.0.0
    >> Show Go! 1.0.3
    >> Undo Closed Tabs Button 3.0.3 (disabled)
    >> United States English Dictionary 3.0.3
    >> Web Developer 1.1.6
    >>
    >> I would just like to get everyone's personal recommendation on add-ons I
    >> might want to install and if there are any that I have installed that
    >> should be removed because they could cause a problem. I know Mozilla has
    >> a list of recommended add-ons but I have heard some of them can cause
    >> problems (like the Undo Closed Tabs Button add-on, that's why it is
    >> disabled). Anyway, just tell me what you think.
    >> Thanks,
    >> JM

    > Currently I am using,
    > Adblock Plus
    > Colorful Tabs
    > Flagfox - flag icon of what country the page is being sent from
    > Fireshot - takes screenshots but with very cool features
    > Get Mail - google for it, not on mozilla add on; button to
    > link your email from your ff
    > McAfee SiteAdvisor
    > More Tools - adds another drop down for stuff so everything
    > not cluttered under the one.
    > OpenBook - extremely handy box for bookmarking, has options
    > Scrapbook - a handy way to save whole web pages & organize
    > in folders within FF
    > TinyUrl Creator - button to make short urls, very fast & easy
    > QuickZoom - make the text larger or smaller without having
    > to lift your hand from the keyboard, just tiny icon in
    > bottom tray
    > QuickNote - four tabbed notebook accessible with button, I
    > find extremely handy for notes on the fly
    >
    > I was using ReminderFox then changed it to Thunderbird. Used
    > Brief for RSS feeds for a long time but constant problems
    > the last month or so which I never could solve, so had to
    > remove. Used to use Video Download Helper and Web Developer
    > which I both like much, but removed as not using lately.
    > Heard mention of that Mr. Toolkit before and just added it
    > and will see what’s like so thx for that info from others.

    Instead of Quickzoom, have you tried Ctrl + or Ctrl - instead? No
    lifting of hands and no icons required.

    --
    Terry R.

  19. Re: add-ons for firefox

    Terry R. wrote:
    > The date and time was 8/12/2008 7:09 PM, and on a whim, orange pounded
    > out on the keyboard:
    >
    >> JM delighted us by sending :
    >>> Hi everyone,
    >>>
    >>> I have these add-ons installed:
    >>>
    >>> Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
    >>> Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5
    >>> ColorfulTabs 3.3
    >>> Console 0.3.9.1
    >>> DOM Inspector 2.0.0
    >>> Video DownloadHelper 3.2
    >>> Fission 1.0
    >>> Flagfox 3.2.8
    >>> Link Alert 0.8.2.1
    >>> Noscript 1.7.8 (disabled)
    >>> PDF Download 2.0.0.0
    >>> Show Go! 1.0.3
    >>> Undo Closed Tabs Button 3.0.3 (disabled)
    >>> United States English Dictionary 3.0.3
    >>> Web Developer 1.1.6
    >>>
    >>> I would just like to get everyone's personal recommendation on
    >>> add-ons I might want to install and if there are any that I have
    >>> installed that should be removed because they could cause a problem.
    >>> I know Mozilla has a list of recommended add-ons but I have heard
    >>> some of them can cause problems (like the Undo Closed Tabs Button
    >>> add-on, that's why it is disabled). Anyway, just tell me what you think.
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> JM

    >> Currently I am using,
    >> Adblock Plus
    >> Colorful Tabs
    >> Flagfox - flag icon of what country the page is being sent from
    >> Fireshot - takes screenshots but with very cool features
    >> Get Mail - google for it, not on mozilla add on; button to link your
    >> email from your ff
    >> McAfee SiteAdvisor
    >> More Tools - adds another drop down for stuff so everything not
    >> cluttered under the one.
    >> OpenBook - extremely handy box for bookmarking, has options
    >> Scrapbook - a handy way to save whole web pages & organize in folders
    >> within FF
    >> TinyUrl Creator - button to make short urls, very fast & easy
    >> QuickZoom - make the text larger or smaller without having to lift
    >> your hand from the keyboard, just tiny icon in bottom tray
    >> QuickNote - four tabbed notebook accessible with button, I find
    >> extremely handy for notes on the fly
    >>
    >> I was using ReminderFox then changed it to Thunderbird. Used Brief for
    >> RSS feeds for a long time but constant problems the last month or so
    >> which I never could solve, so had to remove. Used to use Video
    >> Download Helper and Web Developer which I both like much, but removed
    >> as not using lately. Heard mention of that Mr. Toolkit before and just
    >> added it and will see what’s like so thx for that info from others.

    > Instead of Quickzoom, have you tried Ctrl + or Ctrl - instead? No
    > lifting of hands and no icons required.

    I use Image Zoom which allows you to set either a full page
    zoom (control + or -) and a text zoom - if you only want to
    make the text on a page larger. It also remembers settings
    for sites so the ones you visit frequently will always come
    in at the chosen sizes.

    Louise

  20. Re: add-ons for firefox

    On 8/12/2008 3:42 PM, JM wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I have these add-ons installed:
    >
    > Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
    > Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5
    > ColorfulTabs 3.3
    > Console 0.3.9.1
    > DOM Inspector 2.0.0
    > Video DownloadHelper 3.2
    > Fission 1.0
    > Flagfox 3.2.8
    > Link Alert 0.8.2.1
    > Noscript 1.7.8 (disabled)
    > PDF Download 2.0.0.0
    > Show Go! 1.0.3
    > Undo Closed Tabs Button 3.0.3 (disabled)
    > United States English Dictionary 3.0.3
    > Web Developer 1.1.6
    >
    > I would just like to get everyone's personal recommendation on add-ons I
    > might want to install and if there are any that I have installed that
    > should be removed because they could cause a problem. I know Mozilla has
    > a list of recommended add-ons but I have heard some of them can cause
    > problems (like the Undo Closed Tabs Button add-on, that's why it is
    > disabled). Anyway, just tell me what you think.
    > Thanks,
    > JM

    The two most valuable add-ons for us are ReminderFox and ForecastFox.
    My wife finds them useful too. For the dozen completely non-technical
    users that I support I have ForecastFox installed on all of their
    machines and they think it is pretty neat. It is like magic to them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast