add-ons for firefox - Mozilla

This is a discussion on add-ons for firefox - Mozilla ; Ron Hunter wrote: > JM wrote: >> Ron Hunter wrote: >>> JM wrote: >>>> Hi everyone, >>>> >>>> I have these add-ons installed: >>>> >>>> Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5 >>>> Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5 >>>> ColorfulTabs 3.3 >>>> Console ...

  1. Re: add-ons for firefox

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > JM wrote:
    >> Ron Hunter wrote:

    >>> These are the ones I find useful. You will note some duplications
    >>> with yours.
    >>> .
    >>> - Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
    >>> - Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5
    >>> - Calculator 1.1.12
    >>> - ColorfulTabs 3.2
    >>> - Define 1.2.2
    >>> - Download Statusbar 0.9.6.3
    >>> - Exif Viewer 1.45
    >>> - Extended Statusbar 1.2.8
    >>> - Favicon Picker 3 0.4.0.5
    >>> - Fission 1.0
    >>> - Flagfox 3.2.7
    >>> - Flashblock 1.5.6
    >>> - Google Gears 0.3.24.3
    >>> - IE Tab 1.5.20080618
    >>> - Java Console 6.0.10
    >>> - Java Quick Starter 1.0
    >>> - MR Tech Toolkit (formerly Local Install) 6.0.0.1
    >>> - PackageMapping.com Extension 1.0.4e
    >>> - Smart Bookmarks Bar 1.4.1
    >>> - SQLite Manager 0.3.4
    >>> - Tab Mix Plus 0.3.6.1.080416
    >>>

    >>> I really have no problem with them.

    >> I looked at the SQLite Manager one. What exactly is an SQLite
    >> database? I don't entirely get what that one does. I also don't
    >> understand the Exif Viewer one.
    >>

    > SQlite is what Firefox 3 uses for storing history, bookmarks, and URLs.
    > It is quite powerful, and open source.
    > EXIF viewer will allow you to look at when, and on what kind of camera,
    > and all the exposure, and other technical information that is stored
    > with a .jpg image. Most images will have that information included, but
    > it is possible to remove it, so it won't display for all images.

    I just installed both of them. They will take some getting used to, but
    they seem to work fine.

    >> I installed the Extended Statusbar, IE Tab, and Calculator. They all
    >> work great.
    >>
    >> You should try out the PDF Download and Console 2 (squared) add-ons.
    >> They are great.
    >>

    > I have no need for a PDF download as I just click on 'save' when I view
    > the PDF. I have no idea what Console squared is, or does.

    I could probably get along without PDF download, but I still think it is
    neat.

    Console squared is the next generation error console. It works in
    firefox, thunderbird, sunbird, and I don't know what else. It is far
    more advanced than the one that comes with firefox.

    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> JM
    >>
    >> Note: You need to upgrade Flagfox to 3.2.8 and Colorful Tabs to 3.3.
    >>

    > I am sure they are updated, but I made that list on 7/24.

  2. Re: add-ons for firefox

    orange wrote:
    > orange delighted us by sending :
    >> JM delighted us by sending :
    >>> Hi everyone,
    >>>
    >>> I have these add-ons installed:
    >>>
    >>> Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
    >>> Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5
    >>> ColorfulTabs 3.3
    >>> Console 0.3.9.1
    >>> DOM Inspector 2.0.0
    >>> Video DownloadHelper 3.2
    >>> Fission 1.0
    >>> Flagfox 3.2.8
    >>> Link Alert 0.8.2.1
    >>> Noscript 1.7.8 (disabled)
    >>> PDF Download 2.0.0.0
    >>> Show Go! 1.0.3
    >>> Undo Closed Tabs Button 3.0.3 (disabled)
    >>> United States English Dictionary 3.0.3
    >>> Web Developer 1.1.6
    >>>
    >>> I would just like to get everyone's personal recommendation on
    >>> add-ons I might want to install and if there are any that I have
    >>> installed that should be removed because they could cause a problem.
    >>> I know Mozilla has a list of recommended add-ons but I have heard
    >>> some of them can cause problems (like the Undo Closed Tabs Button
    >>> add-on, that's why it is disabled). Anyway, just tell me what you think.
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> JM

    >> Currently I am using,
    >> Adblock Plus
    >> Colorful Tabs
    >> Flagfox - flag icon of what country the page is being sent from
    >> Fireshot - takes screenshots but with very cool features
    >> Get Mail - google for it, not on mozilla add on; button to link your
    >> email from your ff
    >> McAfee SiteAdvisor
    >> More Tools - adds another drop down for stuff so everything not
    >> cluttered under the one.
    >> OpenBook - extremely handy box for bookmarking, has options
    >> Scrapbook - a handy way to save whole web pages & organize in folders
    >> within FF
    >> TinyUrl Creator - button to make short urls, very fast & easy
    >> QuickZoom - make the text larger or smaller without having to lift
    >> your hand from the keyboard, just tiny icon in bottom tray
    >> QuickNote - four tabbed notebook accessible with button, I find
    >> extremely handy for notes on the fly

    I installed Fireshot and Quicknote. Quicknote is great, I will be using
    it every day. Fireshot I have disabled, because I don't need it all the
    time-if I do, I can just enable it; still, Fireshot is very neat.

    >> I was using ReminderFox then changed it to Thunderbird. Used Brief for
    >> RSS feeds for a long time but constant problems the last month or so
    >> which I never could solve, so had to remove. Used to use Video
    >> Download Helper and Web Developer which I both like much, but removed
    >> as not using lately. Heard mention of that Mr. Toolkit before and just
    >> added it and will see what’s like so thx for that info from others.

    I don't really need ReminderFox-I use Mozilla Sunbird.

    > Sorry, should have mentioned am using 2.0.0.16

    Why not 3.0.1?

  3. Re: add-ons for firefox

    Terry R. wrote:
    > The date and time was 8/12/2008 5:14 PM, and on a whim, JM pounded out
    > on the keyboard:
    >>
    >> I looked at the SQLite Manager one. What exactly is an SQLite
    >> database? I don't entirely get what that one does. I also don't
    >> understand the Exif Viewer one.
    >>
    >> I installed the Extended Statusbar, IE Tab, and Calculator. They all
    >> work great.
    >>
    >> You should try out the PDF Download and Console 2 (squared) add-ons.
    >> They are great.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> JM
    >>

    > I installed the SQLite manager and it didn't work. Kept getting an
    > error when I tried to edit the file. Apparently that happens to some I
    > was told.
    >
    > For most users I don't see why they would use it anyway. And since most
    > just organize/add/remove, all of which can be easily done without it.

    I installed it with no problems. I haven't had a chance to use it yet
    though, so I can't say if it works right or not.

  4. Re: add-ons for firefox

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > JM wrote:
    >> Ron K. wrote:
    >>> JM keyboarded, On 8/12/2008 4:42 PM :

    >>> One I consider is must is MR Tech Toolkit, formarly named Local
    >>> Install. This is a Swiss Army Knife sort of toolkit for both Fx and
    >>> Tbird to ease cut & paste of extension lists, access to userChrome
    >>> and userContent style sheets, and many other features.
    >>>

    >> I just downloaded and installed MR Tech Toolkit. I love it. I can't
    >> think of running Firefox without it now. I especially liked the
    >> feature that allows you to disable the delay before installing and
    >> extension. Thanks a lot.

    > Another nice feature is being able to 'force' extension compatibility.

    Do you know why Mozilla put the three second delay in for the
    installation of an extension?

  5. Re: add-ons for firefox

    JM wrote:
    > Jeff@unknown.com wrote:
    >> "JM" <1@2.3> wrote in message
    >> news:04idnQ2cuqeOazzVnZ2dnUVZ_uWdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >>> Hi everyone,
    >>>
    >>> I have these add-ons installed:
    >>>
    >>> Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
    >>> Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5
    >>> ColorfulTabs 3.3
    >>> Console 0.3.9.1
    >>> DOM Inspector 2.0.0
    >>> Video DownloadHelper 3.2
    >>> Fission 1.0
    >>> Flagfox 3.2.8
    >>> Link Alert 0.8.2.1
    >>> Noscript 1.7.8 (disabled)
    >>> PDF Download 2.0.0.0
    >>> Show Go! 1.0.3
    >>> Undo Closed Tabs Button 3.0.3 (disabled)
    >>> United States English Dictionary 3.0.3
    >>> Web Developer 1.1.6
    >>>
    >>> I would just like to get everyone's personal recommendation on
    >>> add-ons I might want to install and if there are any that I have
    >>> installed that should be removed because they could cause a problem.
    >>> I know Mozilla has a list of recommended add-ons but I have heard
    >>> some of them can cause problems (like the Undo Closed Tabs Button
    >>> add-on, that's why it is disabled). Anyway, just tell me what you think.
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> JM

    >> Tab Mix Plus, PrefBar, NoScript, Forcastfox are among my favorites.
    >>
    >> Jeff
    >>

    > I don't have Tab Mix Plus anymore because of some of the issues it
    > caused. Noscript I have disabled because I got tired of having to enable
    > scripts for every site I went to. I tried Forcastfox and didn't like it.
    >
    > I did some searches on the Prefbar add-on and couldn't find anything.
    > Could someone give me a link to it?

    This helps:

    http://prefbar.mozdev.org/installation.html

    Good luck !!

    --
    ************************************************** ************************
    Stephen Lo, Vancouver, BC., CA.

  6. Re: add-ons for firefox

    JM keyboarded, On 8/13/2008 10:53 AM :
    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >> JM wrote:

    >>> I just downloaded and installed MR Tech Toolkit. I love it. I can't
    >>> think of running Firefox without it now. I especially liked the
    >>> feature that allows you to disable the delay before installing and
    >>> extension. Thanks a lot.

    >> Another nice feature is being able to 'force' extension compatibility.

    > Do you know why Mozilla put the three second delay in for the
    > installation of an extension?

    My guess is a safety and security provision to give You a chance to cancel
    the action if a bid site was trying to trick You into installing malware.

    --
    Ron K.

  7. Re: add-ons for firefox

    "Bernie" wrote in message
    news:HZydnWCe0diR5T_VnZ2dnUVZ_uOdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > On 8/12/2008 3:42 PM, JM wrote:
    >> Hi everyone,
    >>
    >> I have these add-ons installed:
    >>
    >> Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
    >> Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5
    >> ColorfulTabs 3.3
    >> Console 0.3.9.1
    >> DOM Inspector 2.0.0
    >> Video DownloadHelper 3.2
    >> Fission 1.0
    >> Flagfox 3.2.8
    >> Link Alert 0.8.2.1
    >> Noscript 1.7.8 (disabled)
    >> PDF Download 2.0.0.0
    >> Show Go! 1.0.3
    >> Undo Closed Tabs Button 3.0.3 (disabled)
    >> United States English Dictionary 3.0.3
    >> Web Developer 1.1.6
    >>
    >> I would just like to get everyone's personal recommendation on add-ons I
    >> might want to install and if there are any that I have installed that
    >> should be removed because they could cause a problem. I know Mozilla has
    >> a list of recommended add-ons but I have heard some of them can cause
    >> problems (like the Undo Closed Tabs Button add-on, that's why it is
    >> disabled). Anyway, just tell me what you think.
    >> Thanks,
    >> JM

    > The two most valuable add-ons for us are ReminderFox and ForecastFox. My
    > wife finds them useful too. For the dozen completely non-technical users
    > that I support I have ForecastFox installed on all of their machines and
    > they think it is pretty neat. It is like magic to them.

    I agree. They are among my favorites too.

    Jeff

  8. Re: add-ons for firefox

    "JM" <1@2.3> wrote in message
    news:bridna16xNmdgD_VnZ2dnUVZ_s7inZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Jeff@unknown.com wrote:
    >> "JM" <1@2.3> wrote in message

    >>> I just downloaded and installed MR Tech Toolkit. I love it. I can't
    >>> think of running Firefox without it now. I especially liked the feature
    >>> that allows you to disable the delay before installing and extension.
    >>> Thanks a lot.

    >> How large an addon is MR Tech Toolkit?

    > It is about 300KB.

    That's rather large.

  9. Re: add-ons for firefox

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 16:42:06 -0400, JM wrote:

    > I have these add-ons installed:

    And I have these:

    Adblock Filterset.G Updater
    Adblock Plus
    Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper
    BBCode
    Flashgot
    Live IP Address
    Noscript
    Woordenboek Nederlands

    --
    s|b

  10. Re: add-ons for firefox

    "louise" ...
    > I use Image Zoom which allows you to set either a full page
    > zoom (control + or -) and a text zoom - if you only want to
    > make the text on a page larger. It also remembers settings
    > for sites so the ones you visit frequently will always come
    > in at the chosen sizes.

    Hi Louise,
    I think you meant that you use both "Mouse Zoom" and "Image
    Zoom". Image zoom only zooms images. Mouse Zoom has
    options to zoom text only or the default to zoom both text and
    images. They work well together, so if you want to zoom a single
    image in or out you right click on that image and zoom with the
    RtButton and wheel, any other use of that combination would
    zoom the entire page.

  11. Re: add-ons for firefox

    Jeff@unknown.com wrote:
    > "JM" <1@2.3> wrote in message
    > news:bridna16xNmdgD_VnZ2dnUVZ_s7inZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> Jeff@unknown.com wrote:
    >>> "JM" <1@2.3> wrote in message

    >>> How large an addon is MR Tech Toolkit?

    >> It is about 300KB.

    > That's rather large.

    Not really. The Piclens add-on for Firefox is about 2MB and the Display
    Mail User Agent add-on for Thunderbird is about 1.9 - 2MB.

  12. Re: add-ons for firefox

    s|b wrote:
    > On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 16:42:06 -0400, JM wrote:
    >
    >> I have these add-ons installed:

    > And I have these:
    >
    > Adblock Filterset.G Updater
    > Adblock Plus
    > Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper
    > BBCode
    > Flashgot
    > Live IP Address
    > Noscript
    > Woordenboek Nederlands

    I tried the Live IP Address one. My Flagfox add-on also displays an IP
    address. The IP addresses are different. Is there a difference between
    them, or is one of the add-ons displaying the wrong ip address?

  13. Re: add-ons for firefox

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:29:59 -0400, JM wrote:

    > I tried the Live IP Address one. My Flagfox add-on also displays an IP
    > address. The IP addresses are different. Is there a difference between
    > them, or is one of the add-ons displaying the wrong ip address?

    Don't know, but I know Live IP Address is showing my (external) address.
    You can always check with sites like whatismyip.com.

    --
    s|b

  14. Re: add-ons for firefox

    On 8/13/2008 3:14 AM India Time, _JM_ wrote:

    > Ron K. wrote:
    >> JM keyboarded, On 8/12/2008 4:42 PM :
    >>> Hi everyone,
    >>>
    >>> I have these add-ons installed:
    >>>
    >>> Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
    >>> Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5
    >>> ColorfulTabs 3.3
    >>> Console 0.3.9.1
    >>> DOM Inspector 2.0.0
    >>> Video DownloadHelper 3.2
    >>> Fission 1.0
    >>> Flagfox 3.2.8
    >>> Link Alert 0.8.2.1
    >>> Noscript 1.7.8 (disabled)
    >>> PDF Download 2.0.0.0
    >>> Show Go! 1.0.3
    >>> Undo Closed Tabs Button 3.0.3 (disabled)
    >>> United States English Dictionary 3.0.3
    >>> Web Developer 1.1.6
    >>>
    >>> I would just like to get everyone's personal recommendation on add-ons
    >>> I might want to install and if there are any that I have installed
    >>> that should be removed because they could cause a problem. I know
    >>> Mozilla has a list of recommended add-ons but I have heard some of
    >>> them can cause problems (like the Undo Closed Tabs Button add-on,
    >>> that's why it is disabled). Anyway, just tell me what you think.
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> JM

    >> One I consider is must is MR Tech Toolkit, formarly named Local Install.
    >> This is a Swiss Army Knife sort of toolkit for both Fx and Tbird to ease
    >> cut & paste of extension lists, access to userChrome and userContent
    >> style sheets, and many other features.
    >>

    > I just downloaded and installed MR Tech Toolkit. I love it. I can't
    > think of running Firefox without it now. I especially liked the feature
    > that allows you to disable the delay before installing and extension.
    > Thanks a lot.

    Hmm. I think ff/ TB should provide that thing in Tools-Option for us to
    select how much delay we want there.

  15. Re: add-ons for firefox

    "JM" <1@2.3>
    > I have these add-ons installed:

    Well I think "ColorfulTabs", "Show Go","Fission" are definitely
    not on my wave length.

    You can use a userstyle.org to accomplish
    "Link Alert" then you can turn it on/off. You don't need "PDF Download"
    because you would be better looking at PDF files directly (not in the browser).

    My list is on my pages
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firef....htm#ext_table
    key to symbols used is at the bottom. The red diamonds
    are the important ones. Also
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firef...ing#extensions

    More of an introduction to extensions, are the following:
    Copy URL+, Copies to clipboard the document's URL along with
    the title or the selected text.
    Copy ALL URLs, Copies and pastes all urls of open tabs inclusive
    history in structured and well defined form to and from the clipboard.
    Document Map, Displays the current page's heading structure in
    the sidebar, allowing rapid navigation between sections keyconfig,
    Rebind your keys. (means add/change/remove keyboard shortcuts)
    Launchy, Open links and mailto's with external applications like
    Internet Explorer, Netscape, Opera, Outlook etc
    Linky, Open/download/validate links and pictures in tabs or windows
    Open Profile Folder, Open current profile folder from the "Tools" menu.
    PermaTabs Mod, Create non-closable tabs that stick around between
    sessions - modified for Fx3
    QuickRestart, adds Ctrl+Alt+R and a "Restart Firefox" item to the "File" menu. **important**
    Split Browser, Splits browser window as you like.
    Stylish, Customize the look of websites and of the user interface, quickly
    test changes you might make to userChrome.css

    These extensions would be demonstrated from my main profile
    Adblock, Filters ads from web-pages
    McAfee Site Advisor, enhances Google search results with safety/risk symbols and links
    PageDiff , A simple page diff application. works with source code by line.
    Customize Google, Enhance Google search results and remove
    ads and spam from search results.
    Menu Editor, Customize application menus: main context, tabs context,
    other context menus, each of the menus, particularly the Tools menu,
    (oldbar, there should be a style available again), URL bar uses Firefox 2
    style results (at least it is small extension)
    Mouse Zoom, Zoom with the mouse.
    Image Zoom Adds zoom functionality for images

    and possibly
    (Nightly Tester Tools), Useful tools for the nightly tester. Unfortunately casual
    users may have to use this, if preferences fail to install old/reliable extensions.

    also use of keyword shortcuts, and bookmarklets.

    Listing of Extensions in my Main Profile (85 extensions enabled)
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firef...htm#extensions

    Preferences settings: about:config True/False are Boolean, rest are strings
    * browser.link.open_external, 3, Opens external links in a new tab
    * browser.link.open_newwindow, 3 (default)
    * browser.search.openintab , True, When performing a search from the
    Search Bar, open the results in a new tab.
    * browser.tabs.closeButtons, 3, Put close at right of tabs bar
    * browser.tabs.loadFolderAndReplace, False, Existing tabs will be
    preserved when loading a folder of bookmarks.

    Styles (userstyles.org) used with "Stylish" extension
    * Keyword addition for Add/Change Bookmark (Fx3) | userstyles.org
    * Tab Color Underscoring active/read/unread | userstyles.org, along with Tabs Bar Mimimal Size | userstyles.org
    * Bookmarks Toolbar Blue/Folders, Red/Bookmarks
    * Menu and SearchBar Minimal Height and it's companion Navigation/Location Bar Minimal Height

    and for the link symbols, and other interests you might want these styles
    * Link Warning, or
    * Link Warning (cusor hover) - various filetypes
    * Red hand cursor for .pdf links

    Everything above is documented and linked on my webpages.

  16. Re: add-ons for firefox

    * Ron K. wrote, On 8/12/2008 16:27:
    > JM keyboarded, On 8/12/2008 5:44 PM :
    >> Ron K. wrote:
    >>> JM keyboarded, On 8/12/2008 4:42 PM :

    >>> One I consider is must is MR Tech Toolkit, formarly named Local
    >>> Install. This is a Swiss Army Knife sort of toolkit for both Fx and
    >>> Tbird to ease cut & paste of extension lists, access to userChrome and
    >>> userContent style sheets, and many other features.
    >>>

    >> I just downloaded and installed MR Tech Toolkit. I love it. I can't
    >> think of running Firefox without it now. I especially liked the feature
    >> that allows you to disable the delay before installing and extension.
    >> Thanks a lot.

    > This is an edited list containing differences from your list and the ones
    > you dropped.
    >

    > Generated: Tue Aug 12 2008 19:17:10 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
    > User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.16)
    > Gecko/20080702 Firefox/2.0.0.16
    >
    > Enabled Extensions:
    > - Exit Button Firefox 0.4.1 - Adds a toolbar button to exit Firefox.
    > - Flashblock 1.5.6 - Replaces Flash objects with a button you can click to
    > view them.
    > - FoxClocks 2.4.91 - Displays local times around the world in the
    > statusbar/toolbar. Supports virtually all time zones.
    > - InspectorWidget 2.11.20080214 - Adds button and context menus for DOMi
    > - Java Console 6.0.07
    > - Menu Editor 1.2.6 - Customize application menus
    > - MIME Edit 0.60 - Mozilla Helper Application
    > - OpenBook 1.3.4.1 - Allows for customization of the Add Bookmark dialog
    > - Reuse Home Page 1.3 - Loads external links into active home or blank tabs.
    > - SearchLoad Options 0.5.3 - Tweak the searchbar's functionality.
    > - Storage Inspector 0.5 - Easy access to Mozilla sqlite databases
    > - VeriSign EV Green Bar Extension 1.0.1.2898 - Transact online with greater
    > confidence with the EV green bar.
    >
    > From this list the Exit button is a must. Nice to have are Menu Editor (Fx
    > 1.5 & 2 only) and MIME Edit. Reuse Home Page reduces existence of empty
    > tabs. Inspector Widget is useful if your doing user chrome mods.

    Ron, Menu Editor 1.2.6 works for 3.01, but will not yet do bookmarks &
    history -- and I thought it was needed for bookmarks the other day, but
    found duplicate items could be deleted.
    Miles

  17. Re: add-ons for firefox

    On 8/14/2008 12:38 AM India Time, _JM_ wrote:

    > Jeff@unknown.com wrote:
    >> "JM" <1@2.3> wrote in message
    >> news:bridna16xNmdgD_VnZ2dnUVZ_s7inZ2d@mozilla.org. ..

    >>> It is about 300KB.

    >> That's rather large.
    >>

    > Not really. The Piclens add-on for Firefox is about 2MB and the Display
    > Mail User Agent add-on for Thunderbird is about 1.9 - 2MB.

    There is one "Calendar" or Planner, that was 3 MB something. I promptly
    uninstalled it.

    There should be some limit on the size of extension. How much so they
    are good, still the developers would be then forced to reduce the size
    of it or include only those minimum features which are really useful.

    Currently, it is becoming a tail wagging the dog - when the total size
    of installed extensions becomes more than the basic ff size.

  18. Re: add-ons for firefox

    JM wrote:
    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >> JM wrote:

    >>> I just downloaded and installed MR Tech Toolkit. I love it. I can't
    >>> think of running Firefox without it now. I especially liked the
    >>> feature that allows you to disable the delay before installing and
    >>> extension. Thanks a lot.

    >> Another nice feature is being able to 'force' extension compatibility.

    > Do you know why Mozilla put the three second delay in for the
    > installation of an extension?

    Yes. It is to give you time to read, and ThINK before you install an
    extension. The prevents the 'fast button' reflex some people develop.

  19. Re: add-ons for firefox

    Jeff@unknown.com wrote:
    > "JM" <1@2.3> wrote in message
    > news:bridna16xNmdgD_VnZ2dnUVZ_s7inZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> Jeff@unknown.com wrote:
    >>> "JM" <1@2.3> wrote in message

    >>> How large an addon is MR Tech Toolkit?

    >> It is about 300KB.

    > That's rather large.

    Hummm. This laptop has 512meg, so 300k is less than o.06% of my ram..
    Yeah, MUCH too big. Grin.
    And, yes, I started with only 48k on my first computer, too.

  20. Re: add-ons for firefox

    "Ron Hunter" wrote in message
    news:ubudnca7E6zZ0T7VnZ2dnUVZ_uKdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Jeff@unknown.com wrote:
    >> "JM" <1@2.3> wrote in message
    >> news:bridna16xNmdgD_VnZ2dnUVZ_s7inZ2d@mozilla.org. ..

    >>> It is about 300KB.

    >> That's rather large.
    >>

    > Hummm. This laptop has 512meg, so 300k is less than o.06% of my ram..
    > Yeah, MUCH too big. Grin.
    > And, yes, I started with only 48k on my first computer, too.

    Actually I have 2 G ram on my laptop, but I tend to run several apps
    simultaneously.

    Jeff