do you have an internet security suite or firewall blocking your access to the internet for thunderbird?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ritter 197"
To: support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org
Sent: Tuesday, 5 August, 2008 8:04:44 AM GMT +10:00 Canberra / Melbourne / Sydney
Subject: Cannot get Thunderbird to work

I have downloaded Thunderbird and TRY to use it with Windows XP and COMCAST.
I have used and still use Windows Live Mail and I know it works.
I also have repeatedly checked in Thunderbird the Outgoing mail settings and
they are:
smtp.comcast.net
which is correct yet Thunderbird always comes back that the settings may be
incorrect or the server is busy.

I am almost giving up on this Thunderbird since it is so hard to configure.
I have in the past used also Outlook, Outlook Express and never had such
problems.

I also would like to import folders and messages from Winows Live Mail into
Thunderbird, but an earlier post never got a response regarding this part.

Now I wonder whether someone has the answer to my problems with Thunderbird.

Thanks in advance