Can't Paste Images - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Can't Paste Images - Mozilla ; Reverted to Firefox 2 and pasting images into TB is still broken on Mac OS X tiger. If the image is in a table, and I copy the whole page, the image will appear in TB......

  1. Can't Paste Images

    Reverted to Firefox 2 and pasting images into TB is still broken on Mac
    OS X tiger. If the image is in a table, and I copy the whole page, the
    image will appear in TB...

  2. Re: Can't Paste Images

    on 8/3/08 11:48 AM Dan said the following:
    > Reverted to Firefox 2 and pasting images into TB is still broken on Mac
    > OS X tiger. If the image is in a table, and I copy the whole page, the
    > image will appear in TB...

    Using FF3, copying the whole page does not paste the image in the table...

  3. Re: Can't Paste Images

    Dan wrote:
    > on 8/3/08 11:48 AM Dan said the following:
    >> Reverted to Firefox 2 and pasting images into TB is still broken on
    >> Mac OS X tiger. If the image is in a table, and I copy the whole
    >> page, the image will appear in TB...

    > Using FF3, copying the whole page does not paste the image in the table...

    You can use an extension Extended Copy Menu
    that allows you to copy as HTML and then insert it into Thunderbird as HTML

  4. Re: Can't Paste Images

    on 8/4/08 4:19 PM Moz Champion (Dan) said the following:
    > Dan wrote:
    >> on 8/3/08 11:48 AM Dan said the following:
    >>> Reverted to Firefox 2 and pasting images into TB is still broken on
    >>> Mac OS X tiger. If the image is in a table, and I copy the whole
    >>> page, the image will appear in TB...

    >> Using FF3, copying the whole page does not paste the image in the
    >> table...

    > You can use an extension Extended Copy Menu
    > that allows you to copy as HTML and then insert it into Thunderbird as HTML

    all it does is paste html code into compose window.

  5. Re: Can't Paste Images

    Dan wrote:
    > on 8/4/08 4:19 PM Moz Champion (Dan) said the following:
    >> Dan wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Using FF3, copying the whole page does not paste the image in the
    >>> table...

    >> You can use an extension Extended Copy Menu
    >> that allows you to copy as HTML and then insert it into Thunderbird as
    >> HTML
    >>
    >> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4554

    > all it does is paste html code into compose window.

    use the INSERT menu and choose HTML

    then paste it into the HTML dialog

  6. Re: Can't Paste Images

    on 8/4/08 11:49 PM Moz Champion (Dan) said the following:
    > Dan wrote:
    >> on 8/4/08 4:19 PM Moz Champion (Dan) said the following:

    >>> You can use an extension Extended Copy Menu
    >>> that allows you to copy as HTML and then insert it into Thunderbird
    >>> as HTML
    >>>
    >>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4554

    >> all it does is paste html code into compose window.

    > use the INSERT menu and choose HTML
    >
    > then paste it into the HTML dialog

    I want to paste an image not HTML code. Are you saying paste the image
    link? If so, this is workaround that is a pain and only works for a
    source image in a web browser. I.E. no solution.

  7. Re: Can't Paste Images

    Dan wrote:
    > on 8/4/08 11:49 PM Moz Champion (Dan) said the following:
    >> Dan wrote:

    >>> all it does is paste html code into compose window.

    >> use the INSERT menu and choose HTML
    >>
    >> then paste it into the HTML dialog

    > I want to paste an image not HTML code. Are you saying paste the image
    > link? If so, this is workaround that is a pain and only works for a
    > source image in a web browser. I.E. no solution.

    Sheesh, have you even TRIED it? Using the method I described you can
    post an image. Simply highlight the image and press right click and use
    copy as html.
    Then in thunderbird, use Insert HTML and in the insert dialogue press
    right click and choose paste. The image html will be posted into the
    box, choose insert, and when you go back to your messages, voila, the
    image is there.

    Another means of doing the same thing for JUST images is
    select the image, save it to disk, then user insert image in Thunderbird
    and tell it what image on your hard disk to use, select the one you just
    saved of course.

  8. Re: Can't Paste Images

    on 8/10/08 3:49 AM Moz Champion (Dan) said the following:
    > Dan wrote:
    >> on 8/4/08 11:49 PM Moz Champion (Dan) said the following:

    >>> use the INSERT menu and choose HTML
    >>>
    >>> then paste it into the HTML dialog

    >> I want to paste an image not HTML code. Are you saying paste the
    >> image link? If so, this is workaround that is a pain and only works
    >> for a source image in a web browser. I.E. no solution.

    > Sheesh, have you even TRIED it? Using the method I described you can
    > post an image. Simply highlight the image and press right click and use
    > copy as html.
    > Then in thunderbird, use Insert HTML and in the insert dialogue press
    > right click and choose paste. The image html will be posted into the
    > box, choose insert, and when you go back to your messages, voila, the
    > image is there.
    >
    > Another means of doing the same thing for JUST images is
    > select the image, save it to disk, then user insert image in Thunderbird
    > and tell it what image on your hard disk to use, select the one you just
    > saved of course.

    I know about the second kludge method. Extended Copy only works for FF
    not for other sources, but I can't even get it to work as TB froze on
    "attaching image...". Plus one can not select all images on a web page,
    for example the Firefox Logo can not be selected, only right-clicked
    (then no copy as HTML shows).

  9. Re: Can't Paste Images

    On 8/10/2008 10:31 AM, Dan wrote:
    > on 8/10/08 3:49 AM Moz Champion (Dan) said the following:
    >> Dan wrote:

    >>> I want to paste an image not HTML code. Are you saying paste the
    >>> image link? If so, this is workaround that is a pain and only works
    >>> for a source image in a web browser. I.E. no solution.

    >> Sheesh, have you even TRIED it? Using the method I described you can
    >> post an image. Simply highlight the image and press right click and
    >> use copy as html.
    >> Then in thunderbird, use Insert HTML and in the insert dialogue press
    >> right click and choose paste. The image html will be posted into the
    >> box, choose insert, and when you go back to your messages, voila, the
    >> image is there.
    >>
    >> Another means of doing the same thing for JUST images is
    >> select the image, save it to disk, then user insert image in
    >> Thunderbird and tell it what image on your hard disk to use, select
    >> the one you just saved of course.

    > I know about the second kludge method. Extended Copy only works for FF
    > not for other sources, but I can't even get it to work as TB froze on
    > "attaching image...". Plus one can not select all images on a web page,
    > for example the Firefox Logo can not be selected, only right-clicked
    > (then no copy as HTML shows).

    I can easily paste all the images on an HTML page from Firefox 3.0.1
    into Thunderbird 2.0.0.16. Simply open the pave in Firefox an a
    to select everything on the page, then c to copy it, then open an
    HTML compose window in Thunderbird and put your cursor where you wnat it
    in the compose windiw and v to paste it.

    Dave Pyles

  10. Re: Can't Paste Images

    on 8/10/08 9:55 AM David Pyles said the following:
    > On 8/10/2008 10:31 AM, Dan wrote:
    >> on 8/10/08 3:49 AM Moz Champion (Dan) said the following:

    >>> Sheesh, have you even TRIED it? Using the method I described you can
    >>> post an image. Simply highlight the image and press right click and
    >>> use copy as html.
    >>> Then in thunderbird, use Insert HTML and in the insert dialogue press
    >>> right click and choose paste. The image html will be posted into the
    >>> box, choose insert, and when you go back to your messages, voila, the
    >>> image is there.
    >>>
    >>> Another means of doing the same thing for JUST images is
    >>> select the image, save it to disk, then user insert image in
    >>> Thunderbird and tell it what image on your hard disk to use, select
    >>> the one you just saved of course.

    >> I know about the second kludge method. Extended Copy only works for
    >> FF not for other sources, but I can't even get it to work as TB froze
    >> on "attaching image...". Plus one can not select all images on a web
    >> page, for example the Firefox Logo can not be selected, only
    >> right-clicked (then no copy as HTML shows).

    > I can easily paste all the images on an HTML page from Firefox 3.0.1
    > into Thunderbird 2.0.0.16. Simply open the pave in Firefox an a
    > to select everything on the page, then c to copy it, then open an
    > HTML compose window in Thunderbird and put your cursor where you wnat it
    > in the compose windiw and v to paste it.
    >
    > Dave Pyles

    I covered this previously in the this thread or the other one. Cmd-A,
    Cmd-C (in FF), then Cmd-V in TB works only in FF2 not FF3 for me. (I am
    using Mac OS X tiger)

  11. Re: Can't Paste Images

    Dan wrote:
    > on 8/10/08 9:55 AM David Pyles said the following:

    >>> I know about the second kludge method. Extended Copy only works for
    >>> FF not for other sources, but I can't even get it to work as TB froze
    >>> on "attaching image...". Plus one can not select all images on a web
    >>> page, for example the Firefox Logo can not be selected, only
    >>> right-clicked (then no copy as HTML shows).

    >> I can easily paste all the images on an HTML page from Firefox 3.0.1
    >> into Thunderbird 2.0.0.16. Simply open the pave in Firefox an a
    >> to select everything on the page, then c to copy it, then open
    >> an HTML compose window in Thunderbird and put your cursor where you
    >> wnat it in the compose windiw and v to paste it.
    >>
    >> Dave Pyles

    > I covered this previously in the this thread or the other one. Cmd-A,
    > Cmd-C (in FF), then Cmd-V in TB works only in FF2 not FF3 for me. (I am
    > using Mac OS X tiger)

    Well then you have a problem, as the command keys DO work in FF3.

  12. Re: Can't Paste Images

    on 8/11/08 4:48 PM Moz Champion (Dan) said the following:
    > Dan wrote:
    >> on 8/10/08 9:55 AM David Pyles said the following:

    >>> I can easily paste all the images on an HTML page from Firefox 3.0.1
    >>> into Thunderbird 2.0.0.16. Simply open the pave in Firefox an
    >>> a to select everything on the page, then c to copy it,
    >>> then open an HTML compose window in Thunderbird and put your cursor
    >>> where you wnat it in the compose windiw and v to paste it.
    >>>
    >>> Dave Pyles

    >> I covered this previously in the this thread or the other one. Cmd-A,
    >> Cmd-C (in FF), then Cmd-V in TB works only in FF2 not FF3 for me. (I
    >> am using Mac OS X tiger)

    > Well then you have a problem, as the command keys DO work in FF3.

    There are existing bug reports about this problem on Mac OS X and Linux
    but no one on the developer team seems to care.

  13. Re: Can't Paste Images

    on 8/13/08 12:14 AM Dan said the following:
    > on 8/11/08 4:48 PM Moz Champion (Dan) said the following:
    >> Dan wrote:

    >>> I covered this previously in the this thread or the other one.
    >>> Cmd-A, Cmd-C (in FF), then Cmd-V in TB works only in FF2 not FF3 for
    >>> me. (I am using Mac OS X tiger)

    >> Well then you have a problem, as the command keys DO work in FF3.

    > There are existing bug reports about this problem on Mac OS X and Linux
    > but no one on the developer team seems to care.

    This problem seems to be a TB bug. Can anyone tell me if pasting an
    image into an HTML compose window on MAC OS X Tiger works for them?

  14. Re: Can't Paste Images

    Dan wrote:
    > on 8/13/08 12:14 AM Dan said the following:
    >> on 8/11/08 4:48 PM Moz Champion (Dan) said the following:

    >>> Well then you have a problem, as the command keys DO work in FF3.

    >> There are existing bug reports about this problem on Mac OS X and
    >> Linux but no one on the developer team seems to care.

    > This problem seems to be a TB bug. Can anyone tell me if pasting an
    > image into an HTML compose window on MAC OS X Tiger works for them?

    If you cannot reliably recreate the problem, then you can't fix it.
    If no one else can create the problem on their Mac, then how is a
    developer going to 'work' on it - or even determine if it is a Firefox
    problem or a OS one?

    To paste an image use the copy as html (extension needed) and use the
    insert html method.

    Extended Copy Menu

    or Save the image and paste it in from there.

    For example. If the problem of command keys not working was a Firefox 3
    problem, then why does it work on my machine? You have to provide a
    means of everyone 'getting' the problem in short, a reliable way to
    recreate the problem, before it can be assessed and then worked on.

  15. Re: Can't Paste Images

    on 8/13/08 12:28 AM Moz Champion (Dan) said the following:
    > Dan wrote:
    >> on 8/13/08 12:14 AM Dan said the following:

    >>> There are existing bug reports about this problem on Mac OS X and
    >>> Linux but no one on the developer team seems to care.

    >> This problem seems to be a TB bug. Can anyone tell me if pasting an
    >> image into an HTML compose window on MAC OS X Tiger works for them?
    >>

    > If you cannot reliably recreate the problem, then you can't fix it.
    > If no one else can create the problem on their Mac, then how is a
    > developer going to 'work' on it - or even determine if it is a Firefox
    > problem or a OS one?
    >
    > To paste an image use the copy as html (extension needed) and use the
    > insert html method.

    > Extended Copy Menu
    >
    > or Save the image and paste it in from there.
    >
    > For example. If the problem of command keys not working was a Firefox 3
    > problem, then why does it work on my machine? You have to provide a
    > means of everyone 'getting' the problem in short, a reliable way to
    > recreate the problem, before it can be assessed and then worked on.

    I will be getting an Air with Leopard soon so I will wait to see if it
    is Tiger specific issue.

+ Reply to Thread