Multi Hop Cycle Detected - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Multi Hop Cycle Detected - Mozilla ; V3.0.1 FF now opens a tab for the odd site with the title Multi Hop Cycle Detected and has a single line at the top of the page Your request is prohibited because it would cause a cycle. Obviously this ...

  1. Multi Hop Cycle Detected

    V3.0.1 FF now opens a tab for the odd site with the title
    Multi Hop Cycle Detected and has a single line at the top of the page
    Your request is prohibited because it would cause a cycle.
    Obviously this is a bug but what does it mean?
    Tried to reach this site
    http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=Aq913l6...market_iphones

  2. Re: Multi Hop Cycle Detected

    On 7/18/2008 12:59 PM, Clunker wrote:
    > V3.0.1 FF now opens a tab for the odd site with the title
    > Multi Hop Cycle Detected and has a single line at the top of the page
    > Your request is prohibited because it would cause a cycle.
    > Obviously this is a bug but what does it mean?
    > Tried to reach this site
    > http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=Aq913l6...market_iphones

    Site loaded fine here in FF 3.01

    --
    Irwin

  3. Re: Multi Hop Cycle Detected

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    > On 7/18/2008 12:59 PM, Clunker wrote:
    >> V3.0.1 FF now opens a tab for the odd site with the title
    >> Multi Hop Cycle Detected and has a single line at the top of the page
    >> Your request is prohibited because it would cause a cycle.
    >> Obviously this is a bug but what does it mean?
    >> Tried to reach this site
    >> http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=Aq913l6...market_iphones
    >>

    > Site loaded fine here in FF 3.01

    Yea here too most of the time but have found several sites on "My Yahoo"
    today that sometimes acted the same way but it appears that, for some
    reason, on long addresses that get bounced around the planet that
    FF3..0.1 doesn't always like that - can't say that I have ever seen it
    before this version.
    Thanks Irwin

  4. Re: Multi Hop Cycle Detected

    On 7/18/2008 4:37 PM, Clunker wrote:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >>
    >> On 7/18/2008 12:59 PM, Clunker wrote:
    >>> V3.0.1 FF now opens a tab for the odd site with the title
    >>> Multi Hop Cycle Detected and has a single line at the top of the page
    >>> Your request is prohibited because it would cause a cycle.
    >>> Obviously this is a bug but what does it mean?
    >>> Tried to reach this site
    >>> http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=Aq913l6...market_iphones
    >>>

    >> Site loaded fine here in FF 3.01
    >>

    > Yea here too most of the time but have found several sites on "My Yahoo"
    > today that sometimes acted the same way but it appears that, for some
    > reason, on long addresses that get bounced around the planet that
    > FF3..0.1 doesn't always like that - can't say that I have ever seen it
    > before this version.
    > Thanks Irwin

    I haven't seen the term "Multi Hop Cycle" before. It /could/ be similar to "too
    many redirections" in which case this user pref change could help:

    // Increase Redirection limit (Default = 20 in 1.5x thru 3.0x)
    user_pref("network.http.redirection-limit", 30);

    You can change it in about:config or edit prefs.js or add it to user.js.

    It might refer to a loop in the way the pages are referred. (Page1 calls Page2
    which calls Page3 which calls Page1 which calls Page2 ..... _forever_). That
    kind of link (345 characters!) is probably dynamically generated, probably as
    differing ads are served, so checking back a few minutes later may get a
    different result.

    --
    G. R. Woodring

+ Reply to Thread