Keyboard Shortcuts for Fx3, IE7, Opera 9.5, Safari 3.1.1 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Keyboard Shortcuts for Fx3, IE7, Opera 9.5, Safari 3.1.1 - Mozilla ; Comparison of keyboard shortcuts for Firefox 3.0 , IE7, Opera 9.5 , and Safari 3.1.1 Browser Keyboard Shortcuts (Table) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/keyboard.htm One of the old help items that I referenced users to the most was the comparison of keyboard shortcuts, but ...

  1. Keyboard Shortcuts for Fx3, IE7, Opera 9.5, Safari 3.1.1

    Comparison of keyboard shortcuts for
    Firefox 3.0 , IE7, Opera 9.5 , and Safari 3.1.1

    Browser Keyboard Shortcuts (Table)
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/keyboard.htm

    One of the old help items that I referenced users to the most was
    the comparison of keyboard shortcuts, but that was removed from
    help, hidden, and finally done away with. I completely disagree
    with the reasoning for removal, but now at least this
    page is mine, under my control, and I can include anything I want.
    And you can be assured that you can look for a shortcut with FIND.

    And for what it's worth it appears that the HELP file has been changed
    so that you can use FIND instead stylized keys that prevented FIND from
    working. http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Keyboard+shortcuts

    There is one anomaly that I ran into as a difference between reused
    profiles and new profile in 3.0 and 3.0.1 and that is Organize Bookmarks
    has a keyboard shortcut in the menu of Ctrl+Shift+B, and that shortcut
    can only be used if it is in the Bookmarks menu.

    --
    HTH,

    HTH,

  2. Re: Keyboard Shortcuts for Fx3, IE7, Opera 9.5, Safari 3.1.1

    On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 12:47:44 -0400, David McRitchie wrote:

    > Comparison of keyboard shortcuts for
    > Firefox 3.0 , IE7, Opera 9.5 , and Safari 3.1.1
    >
    > Browser Keyboard Shortcuts (Table)
    > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/keyboard.htm
    >
    > One of the old help items that I referenced users to the most was the
    > comparison of keyboard shortcuts, but that was removed from help,
    > hidden, and finally done away with. I completely disagree with the
    > reasoning for removal, but now at least this page is mine, under my
    > control, and I can include anything I want. And you can be assured that
    > you can look for a shortcut with FIND.

    It's a good thing that someone is maintaining a comparison of course, it
    obviously doesn't belong in help pages about Firefox though, but it could
    have been kept in some general documentation area.

    > And for what it's worth it appears that the HELP file has been changed
    > so that you can use FIND instead stylized keys that prevented FIND from
    > working. http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Keyboard+shortcuts

    I remember discussing this problem with you last year, however I still
    used stylized keys in my shortcuts page:
    http://www.7is7.com/software/firefox/shortcuts.html

    Find works fine for me, it only screws up when using highlighting and I
    still consider that a browser bug (still present in 3.0).

    --
    Otto de Voogd - http://www.7is7.com/

+ Reply to Thread