Sigs question - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Sigs question - Mozilla ; When reading newsgroups anything below the "--" which marks a sig is both gray and is dropped from any reply. What is I like the sig or want to save it (via a bcc to myself)? Can that behavior be ...

  1. Sigs question

    When reading newsgroups anything below the "--" which marks a sig is
    both gray and is dropped from any reply. What is I like the sig or want
    to save it (via a bcc to myself)? Can that behavior be changed?

    TIA

    Lou

  2. Re: Sigs question

    Lou wrote:
    > When reading newsgroups anything below the "--" which marks a sig is

    The sig delimiter is hyphen hyphen space. The space is necessary.

    > both gray and is dropped from any reply. What is I like the sig or want
    > to save it (via a bcc to myself)? Can that behavior be changed?
    >
    > TIA

    And it would be great if you used one here:

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

  3. Re: Sigs question

    Lou keyboarded, On 7/17/2008 3:51 AM :
    > When reading newsgroups anything below the "--" which marks a sig is
    > both gray and is dropped from any reply. What is I like the sig or
    > want to save it (via a bcc to myself)? Can that behavior be changed?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Lou

    To be more accurate the signature delimiter is hyphen hyphen space [--
    ]. Try using the Message menu > Edit as New and see if that retains the
    Sig your interested in.

    --
    Ron K.

  4. Re: Sigs question

    Lou keyboarded, On 7/17/2008 3:51 AM :
    > When reading newsgroups anything below the "--" which marks a sig is
    > both gray and is dropped from any reply. What is I like the sig or
    > want to save it (via a bcc to myself)? Can that behavior be changed?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Lou

    To be more accurate the signature delimiter is hyphen hyphen space [--
    ]. Try using the Message menu > Edit as New and see if that retains the
    Sig your interested in.

    --
    Ron K.

    Appears to work! Thanks.
    Now can this behavior be made permanent?

    Lou

  5. Re: Sigs question

    Lou keyboarded, On 7/17/2008 3:51 AM :
    > When reading newsgroups anything below the "--" which marks a sig is
    > both gray and is dropped from any reply. What is I like the sig or
    > want to save it (via a bcc to myself)? Can that behavior be changed?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Lou

    To be more accurate the signature delimiter is hyphen hyphen space [--
    ]. Try using the Message menu > Edit as New and see if that retains the
    Sig your interested in.

    --
    Ron K.

    Hmm Ctrl E is very easy so THANK YOU.

    Lou

  6. Re: Sigs question

    Lou keyboarded, On 7/17/2008 3:51 AM :
    > When reading newsgroups anything below the "--" which marks a sig is
    > both gray and is dropped from any reply. What is I like the sig or
    > want to save it (via a bcc to myself)? Can that behavior be changed?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Lou

    To be more accurate the signature delimiter is hyphen hyphen space [--
    ]. Try using the Message menu > Edit as New and see if that retains the
    Sig your interested in.

    --
    Ron K.

    Hmm Ctrl E is very easy so THANK YOU.

    Lou

    OOPS Maybe not so good. Now everything after the "-- " appears in gray
    meaning a normal reply by a TBird user will not show my reply

    Lou

  7. Re: Sigs question

    Lou keyboarded, On 7/17/2008 3:51 AM :
    > When reading newsgroups anything below the "--" which marks a sig is
    > both gray and is dropped from any reply. What is I like the sig or
    > want to save it (via a bcc to myself)? Can that behavior be changed?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Lou

    To be more accurate the signature delimiter is hyphen hyphen space [--
    ]. Try using the Message menu > Edit as New and see if that retains the
    Sig your interested in.

    Ron K.

    Hmm Ctrl E is very easy so THANK YOU.

    Lou

    OOPS Maybe not so good. Now everything after the "-- " appears in gray
    meaning a normal reply by a TBird user will not show my reply

    Lou

    OTOH Deleting the "-- " may be a help:-))
    Sorry about talking to myself.

    Lou

  8. Re: Sigs question

    Lou keyboarded, On 7/17/2008 3:51 AM :
    > When reading newsgroups anything below the "--" which marks a sig is
    > both gray and is dropped from any reply. What is I like the sig or
    > want to save it (via a bcc to myself)? Can that behavior be changed?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Lou

    To be more accurate the signature delimiter is hyphen hyphen space [--
    ]. Try using the Message menu > Edit as New and see if that retains the
    Sig your interested in.

    --
    Ron K.

    Final try:
    Use Ctrl E to get to Message menu > Edit as New and then delete the
    trailing space.

    Lou
    Education is about knowing where to look for answers.

  9. Re: Sigs question

    On 17.07.2008 07:54, Lou wrote:

    >> When reading newsgroups anything below the "--" which marks a sig is
    >> both gray and is dropped from any reply. What is I like the sig or
    >> want to save it (via a bcc to myself)? Can that behavior be changed?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> Lou

    > To be more accurate the signature delimiter is hyphen hyphen space [--
    > ]. Try using the Message menu > Edit as New and see if that retains the
    > Sig your interested in.

    As you can see from my reply here that your message has been
    auto-removed because you posted below the signature.

    --
    Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
    www.ufaq.org

  10. Re: Sigs question

    On 17.07.2008 07:54, Lou wrote:

    >> When reading newsgroups anything below the "--" which marks a sig is
    >> both gray and is dropped from any reply. What is I like the sig or
    >> want to save it (via a bcc to myself)? Can that behavior be changed?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> Lou

    > To be more accurate the signature delimiter is hyphen hyphen space [--
    > ]. Try using the Message menu > Edit as New and see if that retains the
    > Sig your interested in.

    Please post your replies above the previous reply signature, thanks.

    --
    Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
    www.ufaq.org
    Netscape - Flock - Firefox - Thunderbird - Seamonkey Support

  11. Re: Sigs question

    On 17.07.2008 08:00, Lou wrote:

    >> When reading newsgroups anything below the "--" which marks a sig is
    >> both gray and is dropped from any reply. What is I like the sig or
    >> want to save it (via a bcc to myself)? Can that behavior be changed?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> Lou

    > To be more accurate the signature delimiter is hyphen hyphen space [--
    > ]. Try using the Message menu > Edit as New and see if that retains the
    > Sig your interested in.
    >
    > --
    > Ron K.
    > Who is General Failure, and why is he searching my HDD?
    > Kernel Restore reported Major Error used BSOD to msg the enemy!
    >
    > Final try:
    > Use Ctrl E to get to Message menu > Edit as New and then delete the
    > trailing space.
    >
    > Lou
    > Education is about knowing where to look for answers.

    Your message replies are being removed automatically because you're
    posting below the signature.

    --
    Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
    www.ufaq.org
    Netscape - Flock - Firefox - Thunderbird - Seamonkey Support

  12. Re: Sigs question

    Lou keyboarded, On 7/17/2008 3:51 AM :
    > > When reading newsgroups anything below the "--" which marks a sig is
    > > both gray and is dropped from any reply. What is I like the sig or
    > > want to save it (via a bcc to myself)? Can that behavior be changed?
    > >
    > > TIA
    > >
    > > Lou

    >To be more accurate the signature delimiter is hyphen hyphen space [--
    >]. Try using the Message menu > Edit as New and see if that retains the
    >Sig your interested in.
    >
    >Ron K.
    >Who is General Failure, and why is he searching my HDD?
    >Kernel Restore reported Major Error used BSOD to msg the enemy!
    >
    >Hmm Ctrl E is very easy so THANK YOU.
    >
    >Lou
    >

    >OOPS Maybe not so good. Now everything after the "-- " appears in gray
    >meaning a normal reply by a TBird user will not show my reply
    >
    >Lou

    Right conclusion. The way that you were trying to use is not compatible
    with the norms of the RFC standards which outline that a well behaved
    e-mail client can strip signatures from repies. This because there is the
    quote attribution at the top of the reply.

    --
    Ron K.

+ Reply to Thread