Safe Surf - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Safe Surf - Mozilla ; Hi all, I have been informed that eventwhile i am logged on my pc with administrator rigths i can sur with normal rights by using a link on my desktop like: C:\DropMyRights\DropMyRights "C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe" The question is : How to ...

  1. Safe Surf

    Hi all,

    I have been informed that eventwhile i am logged on my pc with
    administrator rigths i can sur with normal rights by using a link on my
    desktop like:
    C:\DropMyRights\DropMyRights "C:\Program
    Files\mozilla.org\SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe"

    The question is : How to change the default browser from SM to:
    C:\DropMyRights\DropMyRights "C:\Program
    Files\mozilla.org\SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe" ?

  2. Re: Safe Surf

    Ray_Net wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have been informed that eventwhile i am logged on my pc with
    > administrator rigths i can sur with normal rights by using a link on my
    > desktop like:
    > C:\DropMyRights\DropMyRights "C:\Program
    > Files\mozilla.org\SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe"
    >
    > The question is : How to change the default browser from SM to:
    > C:\DropMyRights\DropMyRights "C:\Program
    > Files\mozilla.org\SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe" ?

    you'll find the instructions here:
    http://cybercoyote.org/security/drop.shtml, and
    especially look at the image near the bottom.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
    except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
    newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Safe Surf

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Ray_Net wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I have been informed that eventwhile i am logged on my pc with
    >> administrator rigths i can sur with normal rights by using a link on
    >> my desktop like:
    >> C:\DropMyRights\DropMyRights "C:\Program
    >> Files\mozilla.org\SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe"
    >>
    >> The question is : How to change the default browser from SM to:
    >> C:\DropMyRights\DropMyRights "C:\Program
    >> Files\mozilla.org\SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe" ?

    > you'll find the instructions here:
    > http://cybercoyote.org/security/drop.shtml, and especially look at the
    > image near the bottom.

    Thanks for furnishing that info ... it would be useful - However, have i
    good understood, that i am secure: if i first start SM and/or IE with
    the DropMyRights *before* clicking an Internet shortcut ?

  4. Re: Safe Surf

    Ray_Net wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Ray_Net wrote:
    >>> Hi all,
    >>>
    >>> I have been informed that eventwhile i am logged on my pc with
    >>> administrator rigths i can sur with normal rights by using a link on
    >>> my desktop like:
    >>> C:\DropMyRights\DropMyRights "C:\Program
    >>> Files\mozilla.org\SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe"
    >>>
    >>> The question is : How to change the default browser from SM to:
    >>> C:\DropMyRights\DropMyRights "C:\Program
    >>> Files\mozilla.org\SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe" ?

    >> you'll find the instructions here:
    >> http://cybercoyote.org/security/drop.shtml, and especially look at the
    >> image near the bottom.
    >>

    > Thanks for furnishing that info ... it would be useful - However, have i
    > good understood, that i am secure: if i first start SM and/or IE with
    > the DropMyRights *before* clicking an Internet shortcut ?

    Note: I have found the free microsoft tool "Process Explorer" who help
    me by displaying Group Administrator = Deny, Owner on the info of the
    Security tab when accessing "Properties" on the seamonkey.exe (right-click)

  5. Re: Safe Surf

    Ray_Net wrote:
    > Note: I have found the free microsoft tool "Process Explorer" who help
    > me by displaying Group Administrator = Deny, Owner on the info of the
    > Security tab when accessing "Properties" on the seamonkey.exe (right-click)

    Process Explorer: got a link for that?

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
    except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
    newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  6. Re: Safe Surf

    On 07/17/08 14:36, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Ray_Net wrote:
    >> Note: I have found the free microsoft tool "Process Explorer" who help
    >> me by displaying Group Administrator = Deny, Owner on the info of the
    >> Security tab when accessing "Properties" on the seamonkey.exe (right-click)

    > Process Explorer: got a link for that?

    I just google'd it and it came up with several. The first one was:

  7. Re: Safe Surf

    Mark Hansen wrote:
    > On 07/17/08 14:36, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Ray_Net wrote:
    >>> Note: I have found the free microsoft tool "Process Explorer" who help
    >>> me by displaying Group Administrator = Deny, Owner on the info of the
    >>> Security tab when accessing "Properties" on the seamonkey.exe (right-click)

    >> Process Explorer: got a link for that?
    >>

    > I just google'd it and it came up with several. The first one was:

    thanks

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
    except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
    newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

+ Reply to Thread