how to add a new tag - Mozilla

This is a discussion on how to add a new tag - Mozilla ; I can't seem to find the info how how to add a new kind of message tag (as opposed to HTML tag). I've done it once, and I thought I remembered it as pretty straightforward. I'd like to add a ...

  1. how to add a new tag

    I can't seem to find the info how how to add a new kind of message tag
    (as opposed to HTML tag).

    I've done it once, and I thought I remembered it as pretty straightforward.
    I'd like to add a tag with a new name or description and a new colour.

    I pulled down the Help menu, went to the Thunderbird support page,
    and did a search for "tag", and it came back empty
    except for things about HTML tags.

  2. Re: how to add a new tag

    On 16.07.2008 20:13 » nearlydeparted« wrote:
    > I can't seem to find the info how how to add a new kind of message tag
    > (as opposed to HTML tag).
    >
    > I've done it once, and I thought I remembered it as pretty
    > straightforward.
    > I'd like to add a tag with a new name or description and a new colour.
    >
    > I pulled down the Help menu, went to the Thunderbird support page,
    > and did a search for "tag", and it came back empty
    > except for things about HTML tags.

    Use the Option settings. The second choice is "View". There you find the
    Tag-handling

  3. Re: how to add a new tag

    * gNeandr wrote, On 7/16/2008 11:21:
    > On 16.07.2008 20:13 » nearlydeparted« wrote:
    >> I can't seem to find the info how how to add a new kind of message tag
    >> (as opposed to HTML tag).
    >>
    >> I've done it once, and I thought I remembered it as pretty
    >> straightforward.
    >> I'd like to add a tag with a new name or description and a new colour.
    >>
    >> I pulled down the Help menu, went to the Thunderbird support page,
    >> and did a search for "tag", and it came back empty
    >> except for things about HTML tags.

    > Use the Option settings. The second choice is "View". There you find the
    > Tag-handling

    In my USA English version, the tab is Display, then the 2nd tab therein
    is Tags.

  4. Re: how to add a new tag

    On 16/07/2008 19:13, nearlydeparted wrote:
    > I can't seem to find the info how how to add a new kind of message tag
    > (as opposed to HTML tag).
    >
    > I've done it once, and I thought I remembered it as pretty straightforward.
    > I'd like to add a tag with a new name or description and a new colour.
    >
    > I pulled down the Help menu, went to the Thunderbird support page,
    > and did a search for "tag", and it came back empty
    > except for things about HTML tags.

    Tools - Options - Display - Tags - Add

    --
    wtwjgc (Joe)

  5. Re: how to add a new tag

    On 16-07-2008 20:13 CET, nearlydeparted composed this enchanting statement:
    > I can't seem to find the info how how to add a new kind of message tag
    > (as opposed to HTML tag).
    >
    > I've done it once, and I thought I remembered it as pretty
    > straightforward.
    > I'd like to add a tag with a new name or description and a new colour.
    >
    > I pulled down the Help menu, went to the Thunderbird support page,
    > and did a search for "tag", and it came back empty
    > except for things about HTML tags.

    On the Toolbar, click on the Tag Messages icon, select 'New Tag...'.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  6. Re: how to add a new tag

    Thanks to the various of you.

    On my system, it turned out to be (as one of you mentioned)

    Tools -> Options -> Display -> /Tags\ ...
    -------

    Not sure about Melchert's solution --
    I don't seem to have that icon on my toolbar,
    although I'm sure there's a way to put it there.

    Thanks again.

  7. Re: how to add a new tag

    nearlydeparted keyboarded, On 7/17/2008 6:15 PM :
    > Thanks to the various of you.
    >
    > On my system, it turned out to be (as one of you mentioned)
    >
    > Tools -> Options -> Display -> /Tags\ ...
    > -------
    >
    > Not sure about Melchert's solution --
    > I don't seem to have that icon on my toolbar,
    > although I'm sure there's a way to put it there.
    >
    > Thanks again.

    The Tb default theme should have an icon available. Use the Customize
    and look through the pallet of optional toolbar icons. I know that Sky
    Pilot Classic and others for Tb maintained by Sailfish have the icon for
    Tb 2.

    --
    Ron K.