I want out of the beta update channel - Mozilla

This is a discussion on I want out of the beta update channel - Mozilla ; On a Windows XP machine, I installed one of the Fx 3 betas. Once that installation was updated to the 3.0 release, I changed the value of app.update.channel from "beta" to "release". But for the the past two days, it's ...

  1. I want out of the beta update channel

    On a Windows XP machine, I installed one of the Fx 3 betas. Once that
    installation was updated to the 3.0 release, I changed the value of
    app.update.channel from "beta" to "release". But for the the past two
    days, it's been offering me an update to the not-yet-released Fx 3.0.1.

    I'm not sure if I've got a bug here or if I'm overlooking something.
    Help please?

  2. Re: I want out of the beta update channel

    "Q" wrote in message
    news:20080716012840.528ac668@bellgrove.remarqs.net ...
    > On a Windows XP machine, I installed one of the Fx 3 betas. Once that
    > installation was updated to the 3.0 release, I changed the value of
    > app.update.channel from "beta" to "release". But for the the past two
    > days, it's been offering me an update to the not-yet-released Fx 3.0.1.
    >
    > I'm not sure if I've got a bug here or if I'm overlooking something.
    > Help please?

    Did you change it from channel-prefs.js as stated at:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/App.update.channel

    Changing back and forth seems to work on XP here, although I uninstalled the
    beta before installing the final.

  3. Re: I want out of the beta update channel [solved]

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 07:43:39 -0400
    "custom.firefox.lady" wrote:

    > "Q" wrote in message
    > news:20080716012840.528ac668@bellgrove.remarqs.net ...
    > > On a Windows XP machine, I installed one of the Fx 3 betas. Once
    > > that installation was updated to the 3.0 release, I changed the
    > > value of app.update.channel from "beta" to "release". But for the
    > > the past two days, it's been offering me an update to the
    > > not-yet-released Fx 3.0.1.
    > >
    > > I'm not sure if I've got a bug here or if I'm overlooking something.
    > > Help please?

    > Did you change it from channel-prefs.js as stated at:
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/App.update.channel

    Not until you mentioned it. I read that page twice before posting
    (honest!) but somehow managed not to see the "Caveat" section either
    time.

    > Changing back and forth seems to work on XP here, although I
    > uninstalled the beta before installing the final.

    Yeah, it works fine for me. Thanks!

  4. Re: I want out of the beta update channel

    Q wrote:
    > On a Windows XP machine, I installed one of the Fx 3 betas. Once that
    > installation was updated to the 3.0 release, I changed the value of
    > app.update.channel from "beta" to "release". But for the the past two
    > days, it's been offering me an update to the not-yet-released Fx 3.0.1.
    >
    > I'm not sure if I've got a bug here or if I'm overlooking something.
    > Help please?

    Firefox 3.0.1 has been released. It is now official.

+ Reply to Thread