Re: Automatically Over-written Profile Folder - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Re: Automatically Over-written Profile Folder - Mozilla ; Annailis wrote: > I don't know if this will help now since you have already done > things to the files but perhaps you could look at - http://kb.mozillazine.org/Recovering...ly_disappeared > > Ann > metin esgin wrote: > HELLO ANN, SORRY ...

  1. Re: Automatically Over-written Profile Folder

    Annailis wrote:
    > I don't know if this will help now since you have already done

    things to the files but perhaps you could look at -
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Recovering...ly_disappeared

    > Ann

    > metin esgin wrote:

    > HELLO ANN, SORRY FOR THE CAPS, JUST TO DIFFERENTIATE..
    >
    > OF COURSE I HAD LOOKED AT THAT ARTICLE BEFORE. THE PROBLEM
    > LIES EXACTLY THERE: IT MUST BE A BUG. TWO ACCOUNTS, SAME
    > STEPS, ONE WORKED AND ONE DID NOT. HERE IS WHAT DID NOT WORK:
    >

    > 2- It will create a new account directory with a numeric
    > suffix. For example, if your old mail account directory was
    > pop.gmail.com it will create a pop-gmail-1.com.
    >
    > FOR ONE ACCOUNT IT DID, AND THE OTHER, IT JUST WROTE, IN FRONT
    > OF MY OWN EYES, OVER THE OLD ONE, WITH THE SAME FOLDER NAME.
    >
    > MY POINT IS: I DID NOT COMPRESS MY FOLDER. THE RELEVANT MB IS
    > STILL NOT FREED. SO, THE FILES SHOULD BE HIDDEN IN MY WINDOWS
    > SYSTEM. THE RECOVERY DID NOT WORK. BUT THERE SHOULD BE A WAY
    > TO FIND THEM. PLEASE?

    I'd be way over my head trying to be of any assistance in
    recovering those files. What a horrible experience to go
    through. I can only suggest you repost here again and submit
    your problem to the Thunderbird google group and mozillazine forum.

    Ann

  2. Re: Automatically Over-written Profile Folder

    Annailis wrote:
    > Annailis wrote:
    > > I don't know if this will help now since you have already done
    > >

    > things to the files but perhaps you could look at -
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Recovering...ly_disappeared
    > >
    > > Ann

    > > metin esgin wrote:

    > > HELLO ANN, SORRY FOR THE CAPS, JUST TO DIFFERENTIATE..
    > >
    > > OF COURSE I HAD LOOKED AT THAT ARTICLE BEFORE. THE PROBLEM
    > > LIES EXACTLY THERE: IT MUST BE A BUG. TWO ACCOUNTS, SAME
    > > STEPS, ONE WORKED AND ONE DID NOT. HERE IS WHAT DID NOT WORK:
    > >

    > > 2- It will create a new account directory with a numeric
    > > suffix. For example, if your old mail account directory was
    > > pop.gmail.com it will create a pop-gmail-1.com.
    > >
    > > FOR ONE ACCOUNT IT DID, AND THE OTHER, IT JUST WROTE, IN FRONT
    > > OF MY OWN EYES, OVER THE OLD ONE, WITH THE SAME FOLDER NAME.
    > >
    > > MY POINT IS: I DID NOT COMPRESS MY FOLDER. THE RELEVANT MB IS
    > > STILL NOT FREED. SO, THE FILES SHOULD BE HIDDEN IN MY WINDOWS
    > > SYSTEM. THE RECOVERY DID NOT WORK. BUT THERE SHOULD BE A WAY
    > > TO FIND THEM. PLEASE?

    > I'd be way over my head trying to be of any assistance in recovering
    > those files. What a horrible experience to go through. I can only
    > suggest you repost here again and submit your problem to the
    > Thunderbird google group and mozillazine forum.
    >
    > Ann

    ANN:

    THANK YOU FOR YOUR EMPATHIC APPROACH. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. I TRIED TO
    SEND THIS TO YOUR EMAIL DIRECT SO AS NOT TO CLUTTER HERE BUT FAILED. I
    FOUND A BACKDOOR SOLUTION THAT SOLVED HALF THE PROBLEM WITH MY MAIL
    SERVER, NOT MOZILLA. THE OTHER HALF APPARENTLY IS GONE FOREVER. I DO
    BACK UP TWICE A YEAR, TRUSTING MOZILLA'S SYSTEM FOLDERS, BUT APPARENTLY
    WILL HAVE TO DO IT NOW MORE FREQUENTLY.

    AGAIN, THANKS A MILLIOM.

  3. Re: Automatically Over-written Profile Folder

    metin esgin wrote:

    > ANN:
    >
    > THANK YOU FOR YOUR EMPATHIC APPROACH. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

    I TRIED TO
    > SEND THIS TO YOUR EMAIL DIRECT SO AS NOT TO CLUTTER HERE BUT

    FAILED. I
    > FOUND A BACKDOOR SOLUTION THAT SOLVED HALF THE PROBLEM WITH MY

    MAIL
    > SERVER, NOT MOZILLA. THE OTHER HALF APPARENTLY IS GONE

    FOREVER. I DO
    > BACK UP TWICE A YEAR, TRUSTING MOZILLA'S SYSTEM FOLDERS, BUT

    APPARENTLY
    > WILL HAVE TO DO IT NOW MORE FREQUENTLY.
    >
    > AGAIN, THANKS A MILLIOM.

    If you haven't read this article already, I recommend it even if
    it's pretty basic:

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Keep_it_working_-_Thunderbird

    Keeping your Tbird (and Firefox) profile in a custom location
    makes it much easier to back up, IMHO, so it's less a chore and
    you don't mind backing up more frequently. And it's been my
    experience that fewer "funny things" happen to your profiles when
    they're stored in a location other than the default.

    Good luck and I hope you never run into major problems again with
    Thunderbird.

    Ann W.

    Remove the NONONA to reply.

    >> Annailis wrote:
    >> > I don't know if this will help now since you have already done
    >> >

    >> things to the files but perhaps you could look at -
    >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Recovering...ly_disappeared
    >> >
    >> > Ann

    >> > metin esgin wrote:

    >> > HELLO ANN, SORRY FOR THE CAPS, JUST TO DIFFERENTIATE..
    >> >
    >> > OF COURSE I HAD LOOKED AT THAT ARTICLE BEFORE. THE PROBLEM
    >> > LIES EXACTLY THERE: IT MUST BE A BUG. TWO ACCOUNTS, SAME
    >> > STEPS, ONE WORKED AND ONE DID NOT. HERE IS WHAT DID NOT WORK:
    >> >

    >> > 2- It will create a new account directory with a numeric
    >> > suffix. For example, if your old mail account directory was
    >> > pop.gmail.com it will create a pop-gmail-1.com.
    >> >
    >> > FOR ONE ACCOUNT IT DID, AND THE OTHER, IT JUST WROTE, IN FRONT
    >> > OF MY OWN EYES, OVER THE OLD ONE, WITH THE SAME FOLDER NAME.
    >> >
    >> > MY POINT IS: I DID NOT COMPRESS MY FOLDER. THE RELEVANT MB IS
    >> > STILL NOT FREED. SO, THE FILES SHOULD BE HIDDEN IN MY WINDOWS
    >> > SYSTEM. THE RECOVERY DID NOT WORK. BUT THERE SHOULD BE A WAY
    >> > TO FIND THEM. PLEASE?

    >> I'd be way over my head trying to be of any assistance in recovering
    >> those files. What a horrible experience to go through. I can only
    >> suggest you repost here again and submit your problem to the
    >> Thunderbird google group and mozillazine forum.
    >>
    >> Ann

+ Reply to Thread