Lines don't wrap on msgs from Yahoogroups - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Lines don't wrap on msgs from Yahoogroups - Mozilla ; When I receive messages in Thunderbird from Yahoogroups groups that I belong to, the text isn't wrapped properly at any margin; I get a lot of one-word lines and lines of different length. Yet when I view the messages on ...

  1. Lines don't wrap on msgs from Yahoogroups

    When I receive messages in Thunderbird from Yahoogroups
    groups that I belong to, the text isn't wrapped properly
    at any margin; I get a lot of one-word lines and lines
    of different length. Yet when I view the messages on
    the Yahoogroups web site, they look fine. Any ideas
    what I'm doing wrong?

  2. Re: Lines don't wrap on msgs from Yahoogroups

    Rick wrote:
    > When I receive messages in Thunderbird from Yahoogroups
    > groups that I belong to, the text isn't wrapped properly
    > at any margin; I get a lot of one-word lines and lines
    > of different length. Yet when I view the messages on
    > the Yahoogroups web site, they look fine. Any ideas
    > what I'm doing wrong?

    Same problem here. Seems to have been like that through several TB
    releases.

    --

    *Steve*
    Browse My Books

  3. Re: Lines don't wrap on msgs from Yahoogroups

    Stephen Fox scribbled the following on 06-Jul-08 15:40:
    > Rick wrote:
    >> When I receive messages in Thunderbird from Yahoogroups groups that I
    >> belong to, the text isn't wrapped properly at any margin; I get a lot
    >> of one-word lines and lines of different length. Yet when I view the
    >> messages on the Yahoogroups web site, they look fine. Any ideas what
    >> I'm doing wrong?
    >>

    > Same problem here. Seems to have been like that through several TB
    > releases.

    I receive individual emails from yahoogroup that are sent to gmail and
    then to thunderbird. Never had any problems. Are you sending them from
    yahoogroups to yahoo mail, gmail, or what?

  4. Re: Lines don't wrap on msgs from Yahoogroups

    Stephen Fox wrote:
    > Rick wrote:
    >> When I receive messages in Thunderbird from Yahoogroups groups that I
    >> belong to, the text isn't wrapped properly at any margin; I get a lot
    >> of one-word lines and lines of different length. Yet when I view the
    >> messages on the Yahoogroups web site, they look fine. Any ideas what
    >> I'm doing wrong?
    >>

    > Same problem here. Seems to have been like that through several TB
    > releases.

    Strange. The messages I get from three Yahoo groups look perfectly
    formated. However, when I click 'reply', it is quite nearly impossible
    to edit the darn things.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  5. Re: Lines don't wrap on msgs from Yahoogroups

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Stephen Fox wrote:
    >> Rick wrote:
    >>> When I receive messages in Thunderbird from Yahoogroups groups that I
    >>> belong to, the text isn't wrapped properly at any margin; I get a lot
    >>> of one-word lines and lines of different length. Yet when I view the
    >>> messages on the Yahoogroups web site, they look fine. Any ideas what
    >>> I'm doing wrong?
    >>>

    >> Same problem here. Seems to have been like that through several TB
    >> releases.
    >>

    > Strange. The messages I get from three Yahoo groups look perfectly
    > formated. However, when I click 'reply', it is quite nearly impossible
    > to edit the darn things.

    The ones I get in HTML have the text ad covering much of the message
    text at the top. That is, the text runs all the way to the right side
    of the window, underneath the text ad, instead of wrapping, or at least
    wrapping around the ad.

    This is a relatively recent problem.

  6. Re: Lines don't wrap on msgs from Yahoogroups

    Tarkus wrote:
    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >> Stephen Fox wrote:
    >>>>
    >>> Same problem here. Seems to have been like that through several TB
    >>> releases.
    >>>

    >> Strange. The messages I get from three Yahoo groups look perfectly
    >> formated. However, when I click 'reply', it is quite nearly
    >> impossible to edit the darn things.

    > The ones I get in HTML have the text ad covering much of the message
    > text at the top. That is, the text runs all the way to the right side
    > of the window, underneath the text ad, instead of wrapping, or at least
    > wrapping around the ad.
    >
    > This is a relatively recent problem.

    Very strange. My Yahoo group messages are neatly formatted, with no
    similar problem. Seems like something related to your setup, such as
    ..css overrides.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  7. Re: Lines don't wrap on msgs from Yahoogroups

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Tarkus wrote:
    >> Ron Hunter wrote:

    >>> Strange. The messages I get from three Yahoo groups look perfectly
    >>> formated. However, when I click 'reply', it is quite nearly
    >>> impossible to edit the darn things.

    >> The ones I get in HTML have the text ad covering much of the message
    >> text at the top. That is, the text runs all the way to the right side
    >> of the window, underneath the text ad, instead of wrapping, or at
    >> least wrapping around the ad.
    >>
    >> This is a relatively recent problem.

    > Very strange. My Yahoo group messages are neatly formatted, with no
    > similar problem. Seems like something related to your setup, such as
    > .css overrides.

    Generated: Mon Jul 07 2008 10:52:08 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
    User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14)
    Gecko/20080421 Thunderbird/2.0.0.14 ThunderBrowse/3.2.1.7 Mnenhy/0.7.5.666
    Build ID: 2008042104

    Enabled Extensions: [31]
    - Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5: http://adblockplus.org/
    - Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5: http://adblockplus.org/
    - Attachment Extractor 1.1.1: http://www.eviljeff.com/?page=moz-extensions
    - Copy Sent to Current 0.7.8: http://www.ggbs.de/extensions
    - Country Lookup 1.3: http://countrylookup.fvds.frih.net/
    - CS Lite 1.3.8: http://forum.softwareblaze.com
    - CuteMenus - Crystal SVG 1.9.3: http://www.cutemenuproject.com/
    - DictionarySearch 3.0.0: http://dictionarysearch.mozdev.org/
    - Display Mail User Agent 1.5.4:
    http://www.juergen-ernst.de/addons/dispmua.html
    - DownThemAll! 1.0.3: http://downthemall.net/
    - FlashGot 1.0.4.2: http://flashgot.net
    - Folder Account 0.84:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=Thund...lder%20Account
    - Folderpane Tools 0.0.5.1: http://www.chuonthis.com/extensions/
    - FoxyTunes 3.0.1.1: http://www.foxytunes.com/
    - KnujOn 2.0.0.0:
    http://secondwheel.googlepages.com/k...rbirdextension
    - Mail Tweak 0.16: http://journal.mozdev.org/mailtweak.html
    - MessageFaces 1.1.2: http://tecwizards.de/mozilla/messagefaces/
    - Minimize To Tray Enhancer 0.7.5.3:
    http://codefisher.org/projects/minim..._tray_enhancer
    - MinimizeToTray 0.0.1.2006102615+: http://minimizetotray.mozdev.org/
    - Mnenhy 0.7.5.666: http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/
    - MR Tech Toolkit (formerly Local Install) 6.0.1:
    http://www.mrtech.com/extensions/
    - NestedQuote Remover 0.8.1: http://mozext.achimonline.de
    - PrintingTools 0.2.4: https://nic-nac-project.org/~kaosmos/index-en.html
    - Quote Colors 0.2.8: http://quotecolors.mozdev.org/
    - Signature Switch 1.6.1: http://mozext.achimonline.de
    - TB Properties 0.5: http://gamespottingnetworks.com/projects
    - ThunderBrowse 3.2.1.7: http://thunderbrowse.com/
    - ThunderPlunger 1.0: http://thunderplunger.mozdev.org/
    - Toolbar Buttons 0.5.0.5: http://codefisher.org/toolbar_button/
    - Update Notifier 0.1.5.4: http://www.longfocus.com/firefox/updatenotifier
    - View Headers Toggle Button 2.0.1: http://joshandmerci.com/proj_thunder.php

    Disabled Extensions: [2]
    - QuickQuote 0.8.1: http://quickquote.mozdev.org
    - Talkback 2.0.0.9: http://talkback.mozilla.org/

    Total Extensions: 33

    Installed Themes: [5]
    - Aquabird Redone 1.0.1: http://bodizzlethemes.blogspot.com
    - CrossOver 2.6: http://www.google.com/search?q=Thunderbird%20CrossOver
    - Crossover X 2.6:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=Thund...0Crossover%20X
    - Noia 2.0 eXtreme 2.36: http://perso.orange.fr/thunderbird-noia2/
    - Thunderbird (default): http://www.mozilla.org/

    I've been using Noia eXtreme lately. Maybe I'll see if the same thing
    happens with the default theme.

  8. Re: Lines don't wrap on msgs from Yahoogroups

    Rick wrote:
    > When I receive messages in Thunderbird from Yahoogroups
    > groups that I belong to, the text isn't wrapped properly
    > at any margin; I get a lot of one-word lines and lines
    > of different length. Yet when I view the messages on
    > the Yahoogroups web site, they look fine. Any ideas
    > what I'm doing wrong?

    Goto Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Config Editor .

    In filter type

    mailnews.display.disable_format_flowed_support

    If it is not set to false , double click on it to set it false .
    Restart TB .

  9. Re: Lines don't wrap on msgs from Yahoogroups

    John Spence wrote:
    > Stephen Fox scribbled the following on 06-Jul-08 15:40:
    >> Rick wrote:
    >>> When I receive messages in Thunderbird from Yahoogroups groups that I
    >>> belong to, the text isn't wrapped properly at any margin; I get a lot
    >>> of one-word lines and lines of different length. Yet when I view the
    >>> messages on the Yahoogroups web site, they look fine. Any ideas what
    >>> I'm doing wrong?
    >>>

    >> Same problem here. Seems to have been like that through several TB
    >> releases.
    >>

    > I receive individual emails from yahoogroup that are sent to gmail and
    > then to thunderbird. Never had any problems. Are you sending them from
    > yahoogroups to yahoo mail, gmail, or what?

    They're sent directly from Yahoogroups to Thunderbird (I have a Verizon
    email address).

  10. Re: Lines don't wrap on msgs from Yahoogroups

    Nir wrote:
    > Rick wrote:
    >> When I receive messages in Thunderbird from Yahoogroups
    >> groups that I belong to, the text isn't wrapped properly
    >> at any margin; I get a lot of one-word lines and lines
    >> of different length. Yet when I view the messages on
    >> the Yahoogroups web site, they look fine. Any ideas
    >> what I'm doing wrong?

    > Goto Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Config Editor .
    >
    > In filter type
    >
    > mailnews.display.disable_format_flowed_support
    >
    > If it is not set to false , double click on it to set it false .
    > Restart TB .

    Thanks, Nir -- it was already set to FALSE.

  11. Re: Lines don't wrap on msgs from Yahoogroups

    Rick wrote:
    > John Spence wrote:
    >> Stephen Fox scribbled the following on 06-Jul-08 15:40:
    >>>>
    >>> Same problem here. Seems to have been like that through several TB
    >>> releases.
    >>>

    >> I receive individual emails from yahoogroup that are sent to gmail and
    >> then to thunderbird. Never had any problems. Are you sending them from
    >> yahoogroups to yahoo mail, gmail, or what?

    > They're sent directly from Yahoogroups to Thunderbird (I have a Verizon
    > email address).

    I am a member of three Yahoo groups, and the messages come to my Charter
    email account (POP). They format exactly as they do on the groups, but
    always include the annoying advertising, and links. The formatting
    makes reediting for a reply quite painful, so I just copy what I want to
    quote, and delete everything, and then paste what I copied. Beats
    messing with the strange HTML formatting.

  12. Re: Lines don't wrap on msgs from Yahoogroups

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Rick wrote:
    >> John Spence wrote:
    >>> Stephen Fox scribbled the following on 06-Jul-08 15:40:

    >>> I receive individual emails from yahoogroup that are sent to gmail
    >>> and then to thunderbird. Never had any problems. Are you sending them
    >>> from yahoogroups to yahoo mail, gmail, or what?

    >> They're sent directly from Yahoogroups to Thunderbird (I have a
    >> Verizon email address).

    > I am a member of three Yahoo groups, and the messages come to my Charter
    > email account (POP). They format exactly as they do on the groups, but
    > always include the annoying advertising, and links. The formatting
    > makes reediting for a reply quite painful, so I just copy what I want to
    > quote, and delete everything, and then paste what I copied. Beats
    > messing with the strange HTML formatting.

    The more at I look at it, it looks like that only *some* of the
    Yahoogroups messages I get have jagged formatting, others are fine. I'm
    wondering if it's some setting on the poster's end rather than on my
    Thunderbird end.

    But as a separate issue, the advertising is incredibly annoying. I
    think I read about some setting in userContent.CSS that could eliminate
    this...?

  13. Re: Lines don't wrap on msgs from Yahoogroups

    Rick wrote:
    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >> Rick wrote:

    >>> They're sent directly from Yahoogroups to Thunderbird (I have a
    >>> Verizon email address).

    >> I am a member of three Yahoo groups, and the messages come to my
    >> Charter email account (POP). They format exactly as they do on the
    >> groups, but always include the annoying advertising, and links. The
    >> formatting makes reediting for a reply quite painful, so I just copy
    >> what I want to quote, and delete everything, and then paste what I
    >> copied. Beats messing with the strange HTML formatting.

    > The more at I look at it, it looks like that only *some* of the
    > Yahoogroups messages I get have jagged formatting, others are fine. I'm
    > wondering if it's some setting on the poster's end rather than on my
    > Thunderbird end.
    >
    > But as a separate issue, the advertising is incredibly annoying. I
    > think I read about some setting in userContent.CSS that could eliminate
    > this...?

    i'm having exactly the same problem with yahoo's advertising. tried changing

    mailnews.display.disable_format_flowed_support

    but had no effect. anyone come up with a fix yet for this annoying
    problem?!?

+ Reply to Thread