Accessing Secnews - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Accessing Secnews - Mozilla ; Larry Gusaas wrote: > Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T, 2008/07/16 2:35 PM: >> Larry Gusaas wrote: >>> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T, 2008/07/16 12:41 PM: >>>> Jay Garcia wrote: >>>>> On 15.07.2008 15:35, Ron Hunter wrote: >>>>> >>>>> --- Original Message --- ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Results 181 to 184 of 184

  1. Re: Accessing Secnews

    Larry Gusaas wrote:
    > Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T, 2008/07/16 2:35 PM:
    >> Larry Gusaas wrote:
    >>> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T, 2008/07/16 12:41 PM:

    Well I was going by the fact that the fuel pump to the 54 Chevy 4 door
    sedan I owned had internal tank Fuel pump as well as the sending unit
    for the fuel gauge.

    So I figured if they started putting them out side the tank and only
    have a tube going into the tank they figured it was safer and also much
    easier to work on.

    The 2001 Buick Electra my Parent had (before this 2005 Impala) also had
    fuel pump on the outside.

    One reason for the switch is that in order to replace the pump you have
    to drop the gas tank. neither a easy nor a safe proposition.

    Remember a spark is all that's needed to set off gas fumes.

    so a spark from use of electrical devices such as Drills, screw guns etc
    or you slipping with a tool of any type and causing a spark and Saint
    Peter can meet you at the gate 10 seconds after.
    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11

  2. Re: Accessing Secnews

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > The Real Bev wrote:
    >> squaredancer wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 16.07.2008 20:43, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Peter
    >>> Potamus the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :

    >>> *lol*
    >>> reckon Phillip has taken a dive into his tank, to check the pump...

    >> A handy substitute for a nonfunctional fuel pump: Gravity, a hunk of
    >> fuel line, and a wife holding a 5-gallon gas can on her lap. Might
    >> come in handy some time.
    >>

    > The early Fords used gravity feed with the gas tank right on the
    > 'firewall' between the engine and passenger compartment. Probably a
    > better place than under the trunk!

    Yeah My dad when he was living can remember the time when he had to
    climb up a hill in a Model-T in Reverse. Didn't have enough left in Tank
    going up hill forward for the engine to continue running.

    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11

  3. Re: Accessing Secnews

    Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    > Larry Gusaas wrote:
    >> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T, 2008/07/16 2:35 PM:

    Yes, and it is quite expensive as well. I believe I paid about $500 for
    a new fuel pump on the Ford Focus I had before I traded for the Chevy
    Impala.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  4. Re: Accessing Secnews

    Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:

    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >> The Real Bev wrote:

    >>> A handy substitute for a nonfunctional fuel pump: Gravity, a hunk of
    >>> fuel line, and a wife holding a 5-gallon gas can on her lap. Might
    >>> come in handy some time.
    >>>

    >> The early Fords used gravity feed with the gas tank right on the
    >> 'firewall' between the engine and passenger compartment. Probably a
    >> better place than under the trunk!
    >>

    > Yeah My dad when he was living can remember the time when he had to
    > climb up a hill in a Model-T in Reverse. Didn't have enough left in Tank
    > going up hill forward for the engine to continue running.

    I can top that. The used 27-foot monsterhome we bought had some fuel
    problems, but we were doing OK getting it home on surface streets until
    we got stuck at the bottom of a railroad underpass and couldn't get
    out...until we opened up the air cleaner and started spraying in
    starting fluid.

    When your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a thumb.