Firefox 2.0.0.15 Update - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox 2.0.0.15 Update - Mozilla ; Just installed the 2.0.0.15 update for Firefox by clicking on "Help", "Check for Updates". I always let Mozilla perform the update for me, always works that way....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 65

  1. Firefox 2.0.0.15 Update

    Just installed the 2.0.0.15 update for Firefox by clicking on "Help",
    "Check for Updates". I always let Mozilla perform the update for me,
    always works that way.

  2. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.15 Update

    On 02-07-2008 01:03 CET, pixturesk composed this enchanting statement:
    > Just installed the 2.0.0.15 update for Firefox by clicking on "Help",
    > "Check for Updates". I always let Mozilla perform the update for me,
    > always works that way.

    It's good to know that some are still using Firefox version 2. ;-)

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert

  3. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.15 Update

    On Jul 2, 9:11 am, Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    > On 02-07-2008 01:03 CET, pixturesk composed this enchanting statement:
    >
    > > Just installed the 2.0.0.15 update for Firefox by clicking on "Help",
    > > "Check for Updates". I always let Mozilla perform the update for me,
    > > always works that way.

    > It's good to know that some are still using Firefox version 2. ;-)
    >
    > --
    > Kind regards,
    > Melchert
    >
    > (MacOS 10.3.9 / Firefox 2.0, Thunderbird 2.0)

    I have to use FF 2.0.0.15 because I am still using Win98SE very
    successfully. Just as IE6 SP1 is as high as I can go on 98SE, the same
    reasoning applies to FF2.

  4. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.15 Update

    pixturesk wrote:
    > On Jul 2, 9:11 am, Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    >> On 02-07-2008 01:03 CET, pixturesk composed this enchanting statement:
    >>
    >>> Just installed the 2.0.0.15 update for Firefox by clicking on "Help",
    >>> "Check for Updates". I always let Mozilla perform the update for me,
    >>> always works that way.

    >> It's good to know that some are still using Firefox version 2. ;-)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Kind regards,
    >> Melchert
    >>
    >> (MacOS 10.3.9 / Firefox 2.0, Thunderbird 2.0)

    > I have to use FF 2.0.0.15 because I am still using Win98SE very
    > successfully. Just as IE6 SP1 is as high as I can go on 98SE, the same
    > reasoning applies to FF2.

    What can I say? If you drive a 1958 model car, you have trouble buying
    gasoline (leaded) to keep your valves from burning up. It's the old
    thing about new wine in old wineskins all over again.
    Believe me, I understand, as I used the same computer for 9 years!

    I just hope you will be able to keep enjoying the web with FF2 for as
    long as the computer keeps doing its thing.

  5. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.15 Update

    On 02.07.2008 19:48 UK Time, Ron Hunter wrote:

    > What can I say? If you drive a 1958 model car, you have trouble buying
    > gasoline (leaded) to keep your valves from burning up. It's the old
    > thing about new wine in old wineskins all over again.

    Talking about fuel and wine - see

    O:-)

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  6. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.15 Update

    On 02.07.2008 22:49, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Herb to
    generate the following:? :
    > On 02.07.2008 19:48 UK Time, Ron Hunter wrote:
    >

    >> What can I say? If you drive a 1958 model car, you have trouble buying
    >> gasoline (leaded) to keep your valves from burning up. It's the old
    >> thing about new wine in old wineskins all over again.
    >>

    > Talking about fuel and wine - see
    >
    > O:-)

    how long, now, before the oil-multis start buying-out the vinyards?? Any
    bets??
    (And how long before Bush reckons France has secret weapons [sold to
    them by his father] as a reason to invade Europe)

    reg

  7. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.15 Update

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 02.07.2008 22:49, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Herb to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> On 02.07.2008 19:48 UK Time, Ron Hunter wrote:
    >>

    >>> What can I say? If you drive a 1958 model car, you have trouble
    >>> buying gasoline (leaded) to keep your valves from burning up. It's
    >>> the old thing about new wine in old wineskins all over again.
    >>>

    >> Talking about fuel and wine - see
    >>
    >> O:-)
    >>

    > how long, now, before the oil-multis start buying-out the vinyards?? Any
    > bets??
    > (And how long before Bush reckons France has secret weapons [sold to
    > them by his father] as a reason to invade Europe)
    >
    > reg

    He wouldn't have to go that far at all. The country with the largest oil
    reserves in the world is just next door... Canada. We already supply
    over 30% of the US demand for imported oil, and plan to pump more. We
    already supply 95% of the Natural Gas imports.

    As long as oil stays above US $30 a barrel, it is economical to convert
    our oil sands into oil, and adding the 'tar sands' to our reserves makes
    us number one.

    So its not some Arab sheik who is going to buy out the French vineyards,
    it is some lumberjack or cowboy from Edmonton going to buy out the
    American sports franchises

    And last time you Americans tried to make a move on us, you got your
    butts kicked and Washington burned for the audacity of it all.

  8. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.15 Update

    squaredancer wrote:
    > (And how long before Bush reckons France has secret weapons [sold to
    > them by his father] as a reason to invade Europe)

    It would have to be within the next six months or so.

  9. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.15 Update

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > He wouldn't have to go that far at all. The country with the largest oil
    > reserves in the world is just next door... Canada. We already supply
    > over 30% of the US demand for imported oil, and plan to pump more. We
    > already supply 95% of the Natural Gas imports.

    actually, this doesn't hold true any more. They've recently
    discovered there is far more in the oil shale in the Green
    River Valley of Wyoming, Colorado, and Utah area. It
    contains far more oil than all of the Middle East.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  10. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.15 Update

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> He wouldn't have to go that far at all. The country with the largest
    >> oil reserves in the world is just next door... Canada. We already
    >> supply over 30% of the US demand for imported oil, and plan to pump
    >> more. We already supply 95% of the Natural Gas imports.

    > actually, this doesn't hold true any more. They've recently discovered
    > there is far more in the oil shale in the Green River Valley of Wyoming,
    > Colorado, and Utah area. It contains far more oil than all of the
    > Middle East.

    My comment on the situation:

    Screw the polar bears, DRILL!

    Personally, the only polar bear I've ever seen was in a zoo. Or in a
    National Geographic magazine or TV show.

    Oh. And there are about 4 times as many polar bears in the wild today
    as there were 20 years ago. Extinction? Excuse me? Environmentalists
    = uninformed alarmists.

    There. I've managed to tick off a whole bunch of people in three
    paragraphs. Job well done!

    I'm going to the polls and voting for every newcomer (assuming they're
    not a democrat). Turn them all out, they're all idiots at best,
    self-serving power mongers at worst. Send 'em all home and let 'em try
    to get a real job.

    Dang! I feel really good now!

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

  11. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.15 Update

    The date and time was 7/2/2008 8:08 PM, and on a whim, Ed Mullen pounded
    out on the keyboard:

    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>> He wouldn't have to go that far at all. The country with the largest
    >>> oil reserves in the world is just next door... Canada. We already
    >>> supply over 30% of the US demand for imported oil, and plan to pump
    >>> more. We already supply 95% of the Natural Gas imports.

    >> actually, this doesn't hold true any more. They've recently discovered
    >> there is far more in the oil shale in the Green River Valley of Wyoming,
    >> Colorado, and Utah area. It contains far more oil than all of the
    >> Middle East.
    >>

    > My comment on the situation:
    >
    > Screw the polar bears, DRILL!
    >
    > Personally, the only polar bear I've ever seen was in a zoo. Or in a
    > National Geographic magazine or TV show.
    >
    > Oh. And there are about 4 times as many polar bears in the wild today
    > as there were 20 years ago. Extinction? Excuse me? Environmentalists
    > = uninformed alarmists.
    >
    > There. I've managed to tick off a whole bunch of people in three
    > paragraphs. Job well done!
    >
    > I'm going to the polls and voting for every newcomer (assuming they're
    > not a democrat). Turn them all out, they're all idiots at best,
    > self-serving power mongers at worst. Send 'em all home and let 'em try
    > to get a real job.
    >
    > Dang! I feel really good now!

    Funny how verbalizing can make one feel better, isn't it?

    --
    Terry R.

  12. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.15 Update

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> He wouldn't have to go that far at all. The country with the largest
    >> oil reserves in the world is just next door... Canada. We already
    >> supply over 30% of the US demand for imported oil, and plan to pump
    >> more. We already supply 95% of the Natural Gas imports.

    > actually, this doesn't hold true any more. They've recently discovered
    > there is far more in the oil shale in the Green River Valley of Wyoming,
    > Colorado, and Utah area. It contains far more oil than all of the
    > Middle East.

    And we also have vast oil shale deposits up here, problem is, extraction
    processes have not yet come up with a means of extracting useable
    quantaties from shale

  13. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.15 Update

    On 03.07.2008 05:08, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Ed Mullen to
    generate the following:? :
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>
    >>> He wouldn't have to go that far at all. The country with the largest
    >>> oil reserves in the world is just next door... Canada. We already
    >>> supply over 30% of the US demand for imported oil, and plan to pump
    >>> more. We already supply 95% of the Natural Gas imports.
    >>>

    >> actually, this doesn't hold true any more. They've recently discovered
    >> there is far more in the oil shale in the Green River Valley of Wyoming,
    >> Colorado, and Utah area. It contains far more oil than all of the
    >> Middle East.
    >>

    > My comment on the situation:
    >
    > Screw the polar bears, DRILL!
    >
    > Personally, the only polar bear I've ever seen was in a zoo. Or in a
    > National Geographic magazine or TV show.
    >
    > Oh. And there are about 4 times as many polar bears in the wild today
    > as there were 20 years ago. Extinction? Excuse me? Environmentalists
    > = uninformed alarmists.
    >
    > There. I've managed to tick off a whole bunch of people in three
    > paragraphs. Job well done!
    >
    > I'm going to the polls and voting for every newcomer (assuming they're
    > not a democrat). Turn them all out, they're all idiots at best,
    > self-serving power mongers at worst. Send 'em all home and let 'em try
    > to get a real job.
    >
    > Dang! I feel really good now!

    good morning to you too, Ed :-D
    btw - there were only 63 brands of scottish whisky on the shelf
    yesterday evening... someone must have knocked a bottle down :-(

    reg

  14. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.15 Update

    On 03.07.2008 02:24, Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    >>> He wouldn't have to go that far at all. The country with the largest
    >>> oil reserves in the world is just next door... Canada. We already
    >>> supply over 30% of the US demand for imported oil, and plan to pump
    >>> more. We already supply 95% of the Natural Gas imports.

    >> actually, this doesn't hold true any more. They've recently discovered
    >> there is far more in the oil shale in the Green River Valley of Wyoming,
    >> Colorado, and Utah area. It contains far more oil than all of the
    >> Middle East.
    >>

    > And we also have vast oil shale deposits up here, problem is, extraction
    > processes have not yet come up with a means of extracting useable
    > quantaties from shale

    Conservative estimate is over 1-trillion barrels locked up in shale.

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  15. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.15 Update

    Terry R. wrote:
    > The date and time was 7/2/2008 8:08 PM, and on a whim, Ed Mullen pounded
    > out on the keyboard:
    >
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >>> actually, this doesn't hold true any more. They've recently
    >>> discovered there is far more in the oil shale in the Green River
    >>> Valley of Wyoming, Colorado, and Utah area. It contains far more oil
    >>> than all of the Middle East.
    >>>

    >> My comment on the situation:
    >>
    >> Screw the polar bears, DRILL!
    >>
    >> Personally, the only polar bear I've ever seen was in a zoo. Or in a
    >> National Geographic magazine or TV show.
    >>
    >> Oh. And there are about 4 times as many polar bears in the wild today
    >> as there were 20 years ago. Extinction? Excuse me?
    >> Environmentalists = uninformed alarmists.
    >>
    >> There. I've managed to tick off a whole bunch of people in three
    >> paragraphs. Job well done!
    >>
    >> I'm going to the polls and voting for every newcomer (assuming they're
    >> not a democrat). Turn them all out, they're all idiots at best,
    >> self-serving power mongers at worst. Send 'em all home and let 'em
    >> try to get a real job.
    >>
    >> Dang! I feel really good now!
    >>

    > Funny how verbalizing can make one feel better, isn't it?

    Yeah But after we have 8 more years of George W. Bush through his
    Surrogate McCain and we will be in 14th year in Iraq. And SS a and
    Medicare are bankrupt. and your sitting around in a poorhouse. Or your
    native tongue will be converted to Chinese. And our American Flag is
    replaced by the Star and Sickle. He will wish he hadn't taken
    Bush/McCain's Bait hook line and sinker.

    If we vote another Republican administration in That's what we are
    headed for.

    Most of the problem with Oil is not supply and demand but the futures
    market if Futures trading on Oil, Gas, and Utilities were *Banned*
    then the price of Gasoline would drop by 60% overnight.

    WE just won't learn the last great depression we had was caused by
    trading on Margin and Trading on Futures. WE are back at it full force.

    The mess we are in now to a great extent was the *Enron Loophole*

    Anyone don't know what that is look it up on Google or wikipedia.
    Republican in the national Congress have never been for the little
    person. Its always been screw the little person and give it to the rich
    folks.

    I'm going to vote for every Democratic candidate that I can vote for.

    I'm tried of being screwed by Washington Republicans.

    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11

  16. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.15 Update

    The date and time was 7/3/2008 10:34 AM, and on a whim, Phillip M.
    Jones, C.E.T pounded out on the keyboard:

    > Terry R. wrote:
    >> The date and time was 7/2/2008 8:08 PM, and on a whim, Ed Mullen pounded
    >> out on the keyboard:

    >>> My comment on the situation:
    >>>
    >>> Screw the polar bears, DRILL!
    >>>
    >>> Personally, the only polar bear I've ever seen was in a zoo. Or in a
    >>> National Geographic magazine or TV show.
    >>>
    >>> Oh. And there are about 4 times as many polar bears in the wild today
    >>> as there were 20 years ago. Extinction? Excuse me?
    >>> Environmentalists = uninformed alarmists.
    >>>
    >>> There. I've managed to tick off a whole bunch of people in three
    >>> paragraphs. Job well done!
    >>>
    >>> I'm going to the polls and voting for every newcomer (assuming they're
    >>> not a democrat). Turn them all out, they're all idiots at best,
    >>> self-serving power mongers at worst. Send 'em all home and let 'em
    >>> try to get a real job.
    >>>
    >>> Dang! I feel really good now!
    >>>

    >> Funny how verbalizing can make one feel better, isn't it?
    >>

    > Yeah But after we have 8 more years of George W. Bush through his
    > Surrogate McCain and we will be in 14th year in Iraq. And SS a and
    > Medicare are bankrupt. and your sitting around in a poorhouse. Or your
    > native tongue will be converted to Chinese. And our American Flag is
    > replaced by the Star and Sickle. He will wish he hadn't taken
    > Bush/McCain's Bait hook line and sinker.
    >
    > If we vote another Republican administration in That's what we are
    > headed for.
    >
    > Most of the problem with Oil is not supply and demand but the futures
    > market if Futures trading on Oil, Gas, and Utilities were *Banned*
    > then the price of Gasoline would drop by 60% overnight.
    >
    > WE just won't learn the last great depression we had was caused by
    > trading on Margin and Trading on Futures. WE are back at it full force.
    >
    > The mess we are in now to a great extent was the *Enron Loophole*
    >
    > Anyone don't know what that is look it up on Google or wikipedia.
    > Republican in the national Congress have never been for the little
    > person. Its always been screw the little person and give it to the rich
    > folks.
    >
    > I'm going to vote for every Democratic candidate that I can vote for.
    >
    > I'm tried of being screwed by Washington Republicans.

    Yeah, go ahead. This is the LAST kind of person I'd want in office:
    http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/video.aspx?RsrcID=2036

    --
    Terry R.

  17. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.15 Update

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > pixturesk wrote:
    >> On Jul 2, 9:11 am, Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    >>> On 02-07-2008 01:03 CET, pixturesk composed this enchanting statement:

    >>> It's good to know that some are still using Firefox version 2. ;-)
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Kind regards,
    >>> Melchert
    >>>
    >>> (MacOS 10.3.9 / Firefox 2.0, Thunderbird 2.0)

    >> I have to use FF 2.0.0.15 because I am still using Win98SE very
    >> successfully. Just as IE6 SP1 is as high as I can go on 98SE, the same
    >> reasoning applies to FF2.
    >>

    > What can I say? If you drive a 1958 model car, you have trouble buying
    > gasoline (leaded) to keep your valves from burning up. It's the old
    > thing about new wine in old wineskins all over again.
    > Believe me, I understand, as I used the same computer for 9 years!
    >
    > I just hope you will be able to keep enjoying the web with FF2 for as
    > long as the computer keeps doing its thing.

    You *can* use FF3 with win98SE, ... and it works well. You just need to
    install an unofficial kernel update (KernelEx), reboot, install FF3 and
    voila!

    IMPORTANT NOTE -- you need version 0.3.4 (previous versions won't work.)
    Get it here: http://x86.neostrada.pl/KernelEx/

    Alternatively read the thread here3rd topic on page)

    http://www.msfn.org/board/Windows-9x...jects-f91.html

    HTH.

  18. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.15 Update

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Terry R. wrote:
    >> The date and time was 7/2/2008 8:08 PM, and on a whim, Ed Mullen
    >> pounded out on the keyboard:

    The bad part is that it costs a lot to suck it out.

    >>> My comment on the situation:
    >>>
    >>> Screw the polar bears, DRILL!
    >>>
    >>> Personally, the only polar bear I've ever seen was in a zoo. Or in a
    >>> National Geographic magazine or TV show.

    The ones I've seen are green. Algae. They didn't seem to mind.

    >>> Oh. And there are about 4 times as many polar bears in the wild
    >>> today as there were 20 years ago. Extinction? Excuse me?
    >>> Environmentalists = uninformed alarmists.

    "They MUST be dying off, the ice they live on is shrinking due to
    global warming. Their decrease PROVES that global warming exists."
    I'd think they'd look forward to all the happy meals provided by oil
    workers who think that bears are cute.

    >>> There. I've managed to tick off a whole bunch of people in three
    >>> paragraphs. Job well done!

    Way to go!

    >>> I'm going to the polls and voting for every newcomer (assuming
    >>> they're not a democrat). Turn them all out, they're all idiots at
    >>> best, self-serving power mongers at worst. Send 'em all home and let
    >>> 'em try to get a real job.
    >>>
    >>> Dang! I feel really good now!

    >> Funny how verbalizing can make one feel better, isn't it?

    > Well, at least marginally! :-D

    It would be pretty to think so, but it doesn't really help much.

    BTW, did you read my rant about FF 20015 over-writing 20014 and then
    refusing to start because I hadn't updated some libraries? That
    didn't make me feel any better at all. Moreover, I got FF3 to install
    in windows and an updated linux partition and (a) all my extensions
    are toast, especially tab mix plus which I LOVE; and (b) it's ugly in
    linux.

    --
    Cheers, Bev
    "So few assassins, so many politicians..."

  19. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.15 Update

    Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:

    > Republican in the national Congress have never been for the little
    > person. Its always been screw the little person and give it to the rich
    > folks.

    Republican=Democrat. They're politicians. What on earth makes you
    think any of them are "for" anybody but themselves and their
    contributors? Last I heard, political contributions (usually known as
    bribes in other circles) were legal for both parties.

    > I'm going to vote for every Democratic candidate that I can vote for.
    >
    > I'm tried of being screwed by Washington Republicans.

    It's no better being screwed by Washington Democrats. Trust me.

  20. Re: Firefox 2.0.0.15 Update

    On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 21:11:16 -0700
    The Real Bev wrote:

    > The bad part is that it costs a lot to suck it out.

    Much cheaper to mine it and process the shale at the surface, at least
    if Ed's willing to just dump all the shale waste in the Valley. (Since
    it was only discovered a few years ago, I'm assuming it's too deep for
    strip mining.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast