Post-Delete Action: Setting a preference - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Post-Delete Action: Setting a preference - Mozilla ; Currently, I am using the Preview Pane to read my mail. When I delete a message it always moves to the "next" message in my Inbox. However, I have sorted my Inbox on Date ascending and going to the "next" ...

  1. Post-Delete Action: Setting a preference

    Currently, I am using the Preview Pane to read my mail. When I delete
    a message it always moves to the "next" message in my Inbox. However,
    I have sorted my Inbox on Date ascending and going to the "next"
    message shows me the message I just read.

    I would like to be able to choose which direction it gets the next
    message from. Other mail programs do this, even Yahoo! gives me the
    option of going Up or Down in my Inbox when I delete a message. Does
    TB give me the choice? I've checked in both 2.x and the new 3 beta
    but haven't been able to find anything. Am I missing something?

    Thanx!
    Richard

  2. Re: Post-Delete Action: Setting a preference

    RNHurt wrote:
    > Currently, I am using the Preview Pane to read my mail. When I delete
    > a message it always moves to the "next" message in my Inbox. However,
    > I have sorted my Inbox on Date ascending and going to the "next"
    > message shows me the message I just read.
    >
    > I would like to be able to choose which direction it gets the next
    > message from. Other mail programs do this, even Yahoo! gives me the
    > option of going Up or Down in my Inbox when I delete a message. Does
    > TB give me the choice? I've checked in both 2.x and the new 3 beta
    > but haven't been able to find anything. Am I missing something?
    >
    > Thanx!
    > Richard

    Try to set this pref to True

    mail.delete_matches_sort_order