Personal toolbar - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Personal toolbar - Mozilla ; Have Personal Toolbar in the bookmarks imported from FX 2 to 3. But no toolbar can be found. And searched with Google and couldn't find reference. Does anyone know how to have it appear in FX3? Miles...

  1. Personal toolbar

    Have Personal Toolbar in the bookmarks imported from FX 2 to 3. But no
    toolbar can be found. And searched with Google and couldn't find
    reference. Does anyone know how to have it appear in FX3?
    Miles

  2. Re: Personal toolbar

    Miles wrote:
    > Have Personal Toolbar in the bookmarks imported from FX 2 to 3. But no
    > toolbar can be found. And searched with Google and couldn't find
    > reference. Does anyone know how to have it appear in FX3?
    > Miles

    View/toolbars/Bookmarks toolbar
    Make sure 'Bookmarks toolbar' has a checkmark by it.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  3. Re: Personal toolbar

    * Ron Hunter wrote, On 6/27/2008 00:24:
    > Miles wrote:
    >> Have Personal Toolbar in the bookmarks imported from FX 2 to 3. But
    >> no toolbar can be found. And searched with Google and couldn't find
    >> reference. Does anyone know how to have it appear in FX3?
    >> Miles

    > View/toolbars/Bookmarks toolbar
    > Make sure 'Bookmarks toolbar' has a checkmark by it.

    BM TB is on, so turned it off and back on, nothing. Restarted FX, no
    change. Yet it's all there at the end of the bookmarks. Perhaps
    something is needed in FX3 to encourage it to set?

  4. Re: Personal toolbar

    * Ron Hunter wrote, On 6/27/2008 00:24:
    > Miles wrote:
    >> Have Personal Toolbar in the bookmarks imported from FX 2 to 3. But
    >> no toolbar can be found. And searched with Google and couldn't find
    >> reference. Does anyone know how to have it appear in FX3?
    >> Miles

    > View/toolbars/Bookmarks toolbar
    > Make sure 'Bookmarks toolbar' has a checkmark by it.

    Ron, I've discovered this: Checking BM toolbar opens Preferences TB.
    So disabled that extension and can see BM TB. However, do not see the
    list of BM's that are on the preferences TB in the list of BM's.
    Instead see only buttons "most visited, getting started, latest
    headlines". Perhaps something went wrong during the BM installation? Now
    there are 2 questions:
    1) Why does the pref TB replace the BM TB?
    2) How to view the personal toolbar on the BM TB in lieu of what's now
    appearing?
    Miles

  5. Re: Personal toolbar

    * Ron Hunter wrote, On 6/27/2008 00:24:
    > Miles wrote:
    >> Have Personal Toolbar in the bookmarks imported from FX 2 to 3. But
    >> no toolbar can be found. And searched with Google and couldn't find
    >> reference. Does anyone know how to have it appear in FX3?
    >> Miles

    > View/toolbars/Bookmarks toolbar
    > Make sure 'Bookmarks toolbar' has a checkmark by it.

    With a concerted effort finally made it!
    1) Disabled Preferences Toolbar and BM TB appeared w/3 canned entries
    as mentioned in a prior post.
    2) Copied each item from the Personal Toolbar Folder in the BM sidebar
    to the BM TB.
    3) It was a bit too long so abbreviated "latest headlines" to
    "headlines." Note that most of the bookmark titles are drastically
    shortened but I know what they are! (CX for Cathay Pacific, etc.)
    4) Also installed extension Multirow Bookmarks Toolbar which I hope
    isn't needed due to real estate, but it was handy while copying in the
    entries as they could be seen on the 2nd row.
    5) Went to the Preferences Toolbar site, but it's dead, so presumably
    the toolbar is dead for the moment for 3.0. However, I did install
    Quick Preferences Button which lists all in a dropdown. That's fine for
    me until such time as Toolbar Grippies is again available (I used to
    only open it fully when needed.)

  6. Re: Personal toolbar

    Miles wrote:
    > * Ron Hunter wrote, On 6/27/2008 00:24:
    >> Miles wrote:
    >>> Have Personal Toolbar in the bookmarks imported from FX 2 to 3. But
    >>> no toolbar can be found. And searched with Google and couldn't find
    >>> reference. Does anyone know how to have it appear in FX3?
    >>> Miles

    >> View/toolbars/Bookmarks toolbar
    >> Make sure 'Bookmarks toolbar' has a checkmark by it.
    >>

    > Ron, I've discovered this: Checking BM toolbar opens Preferences TB. So
    > disabled that extension and can see BM TB. However, do not see the list
    > of BM's that are on the preferences TB in the list of BM's. Instead see
    > only buttons "most visited, getting started, latest headlines". Perhaps
    > something went wrong during the BM installation? Now there are 2 questions:
    > 1) Why does the pref TB replace the BM TB?
    > 2) How to view the personal toolbar on the BM TB in lieu of what's now
    > appearing?
    > Miles

    Open Organize Bookmarks, and move the bookmarks you normally see on the
    toolbar to the 'personal toolbar', and see if that works.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  7. Re: Personal toolbar

    * Ron Hunter wrote, On 6/27/2008 13:52:
    > Miles wrote:
    >> * Ron Hunter wrote, On 6/27/2008 00:24:
    >>>
    >>> View/toolbars/Bookmarks toolbar
    >>> Make sure 'Bookmarks toolbar' has a checkmark by it.
    >>>

    >> Ron, I've discovered this: Checking BM toolbar opens Preferences TB.
    >> So disabled that extension and can see BM TB. However, do not see the
    >> list of BM's that are on the preferences TB in the list of BM's.
    >> Instead see only buttons "most visited, getting started, latest
    >> headlines". Perhaps something went wrong during the BM installation?
    >> Now there are 2 questions:
    >> 1) Why does the pref TB replace the BM TB?
    >> 2) How to view the personal toolbar on the BM TB in lieu of what's
    >> now appearing?
    >> Miles

    > Open Organize Bookmarks, and move the bookmarks you normally see on the
    > toolbar to the 'personal toolbar', and see if that works.

    They were listed in the Personal Toolbar section of the bookmarks right
    along (at the bottom of the screen just prior to Unsorted Bookmarks.
    Copying from there to the Bookmarks Toolbar did the trick -- guess TB3
    doesn't recognize the term Personal Toolbar Folder.

+ Reply to Thread