Firefox 3 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox 3 - Mozilla ; Firefox won't start at all: I have done the following: Installed Firefox 3 - No problems Started Firefox, crashes after 1 sekund, crash reporter shows. Sending Crash Report. Uninstalled Firefox Removed all Dirs, including under Document and Settings. Reinstalled Firefox ...

  1. Firefox 3

    Firefox won't start at all:

    I have done the following:

    Installed Firefox 3 - No problems
    Started Firefox, crashes after 1 sekund, crash reporter shows.
    Sending Crash Report.

    Uninstalled Firefox
    Removed all Dirs, including under Document and Settings.
    Reinstalled Firefox 3
    Same Crash as before.

    Tryed this about 10 times, restarted pc and so on, nothing helps

    It seems at Google Desktop Search and Roboform, can cause this, but
    this is not installed and has never been on the pc.

    I'm running a Thinkpad T61, Windows XP newest service Pack. and
    patches.Uninstalled most of the IBM software, but otherwise fairly
    straight forward, but a lot programs installed.

    I have a Collegue with a similar Machine/OS and there FF3 runs fine.

    So I Assume that it must be a program installed that is not
    compatible, but is there a way to find out which one.
    I'm thinking the Crash Report could say something dll file etc.

    No help from the Mozilla Firefox support, they really sucks, if you
    have a problem uninstall - reinstall, remove profiles - remove dirs,
    uninstalle - reinstall............. And this have been tried many
    times.

    So Please Help

    If anyone have a solution.

  2. Re: Firefox 3

    The date and time was 6/26/2008 3:19 AM, and on a whim, sasmussen
    pounded out on the keyboard:

    > Firefox won't start at all:
    >
    > I have done the following:
    >
    > Installed Firefox 3 - No problems
    > Started Firefox, crashes after 1 sekund, crash reporter shows.
    > Sending Crash Report.
    >
    > Uninstalled Firefox
    > Removed all Dirs, including under Document and Settings.
    > Reinstalled Firefox 3
    > Same Crash as before.
    >
    > Tryed this about 10 times, restarted pc and so on, nothing helps
    >
    > It seems at Google Desktop Search and Roboform, can cause this, but
    > this is not installed and has never been on the pc.
    >
    > I'm running a Thinkpad T61, Windows XP newest service Pack. and
    > patches.Uninstalled most of the IBM software, but otherwise fairly
    > straight forward, but a lot programs installed.
    >
    > I have a Collegue with a similar Machine/OS and there FF3 runs fine.
    >
    > So I Assume that it must be a program installed that is not
    > compatible, but is there a way to find out which one.
    > I'm thinking the Crash Report could say something dll file etc.
    >
    > No help from the Mozilla Firefox support, they really sucks, if you
    > have a problem uninstall - reinstall, remove profiles - remove dirs,
    > uninstalle - reinstall............. And this have been tried many
    > times.
    >
    > So Please Help
    >
    > If anyone have a solution.

    Try creating a new profile:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a...ile_on_Windows

    --
    Terry R.

  3. Re: Firefox 3

    "sasmussen" ...
    > Firefox won't start at all:
    > I'm running a Thinkpad T61, Windows XP newest service Pack. and
    > patches. Uninstalled most of the IBM software, but otherwise fairly
    > straight forward, but a lot programs installed.
    > No help from the Mozilla Firefox support, they really sucks, if you
    > have a problem uninstall - reinstall, remove profiles - remove dirs,
    > uninstall - reinstall............. And this have been tried many
    > times.

    Use Tools, Add-ons, Extensions to find what extensions are installed.
    Check those again those list in Problematic Extensions
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Problematic_extensions

  4. Re: Firefox 3

    On 26.06.2008 15:44, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Terry R. to
    generate the following:? :
    > The date and time was 6/26/2008 3:19 AM, and on a whim, sasmussen
    > pounded out on the keyboard:
    >

    >> Firefox won't start at all:
    >>
    >> I have done the following:
    >>
    >> Installed Firefox 3 - No problems
    >> Started Firefox, crashes after 1 sekund, crash reporter shows.
    >> Sending Crash Report.
    >>
    >> Uninstalled Firefox
    >> Removed all Dirs, including under Document and Settings.
    >> Reinstalled Firefox 3
    >> Same Crash as before.
    >>
    >> Tryed this about 10 times, restarted pc and so on, nothing helps
    >>
    >> It seems at Google Desktop Search and Roboform, can cause this, but
    >> this is not installed and has never been on the pc.
    >>
    >> I'm running a Thinkpad T61, Windows XP newest service Pack. and
    >> patches.Uninstalled most of the IBM software, but otherwise fairly
    >> straight forward, but a lot programs installed.
    >>
    >> I have a Collegue with a similar Machine/OS and there FF3 runs fine.
    >>
    >> So I Assume that it must be a program installed that is not
    >> compatible, but is there a way to find out which one.
    >> I'm thinking the Crash Report could say something dll file etc.
    >>
    >> No help from the Mozilla Firefox support, they really sucks, if you
    >> have a problem uninstall - reinstall, remove profiles - remove dirs,
    >> uninstalle - reinstall............. And this have been tried many
    >> times.
    >>
    >> So Please Help
    >>
    >> If anyone have a solution.
    >>

    > Try creating a new profile:
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a...ile_on_Windows

    he's gonna have it cut out to create a new profile, if he can't get FF
    started!

    reg

  5. Re: Firefox 3

    You are alle very kind, but

    I have removed and created a new profile. Did not help (tried it
    several times)

    Add no Add-ons are installed, since everything was removed, before I
    installed FF3 again.

    And how should Be able to go in Tools - add-ons, when it is IMPOSSIBLE
    to start FF3 at all, I got 1 second to se it, can not do that.

    But thanks anyway

    But it seems that IE7 is gonna win, if this problem isn't fixed.

    On 26 Jun., 15:53, "David McRitchie" wrote:
    > "sasmussen" ...
    >
    > > Firefox won't start at all:
    > > I'm running a Thinkpad T61, Windows XP newest service Pack. and
    > > patches. Uninstalled most of the IBM software, but otherwise fairly
    > > straight forward, but a lot programs installed.
    > > No help from the Mozilla Firefox support, they really sucks, if you
    > > have a problem uninstall - reinstall, remove profiles - remove dirs,
    > > uninstall - reinstall............. And this have been tried many
    > > times.

    > Use Tools, Add-ons, Extensions to find what extensions are installed.
    > Check those again those list in Problematic Extensions
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Problematic_extensions

  6. Re: Firefox 3

    sasmussen wrote:
    > You are alle very kind, but
    >
    > I have removed and created a new profile. Did not help (tried it
    > several times)
    >
    > Add no Add-ons are installed, since everything was removed, before I
    > installed FF3 again.
    >
    > And how should Be able to go in Tools - add-ons, when it is IMPOSSIBLE
    > to start FF3 at all, I got 1 second to se it, can not do that.
    >
    > But thanks anyway
    >
    > But it seems that IE7 is gonna win, if this problem isn't fixed.
    >
    > On 26 Jun., 15:53, "David McRitchie" wrote:

    I am going to assume that you have run a good malware checker or
    several, on this system. As for IE7 winning, if that is all you can get
    to run, better a bad browser than no browser at all.

  7. Re: Firefox 3

    The date and time was 6/26/2008 6:56 AM, and on a whim, squaredancer
    pounded out on the keyboard:

    > On 26.06.2008 15:44, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Terry R. to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> The date and time was 6/26/2008 3:19 AM, and on a whim, sasmussen
    >> pounded out on the keyboard:
    >>

    >>> Firefox won't start at all:
    >>>
    >>> I have done the following:
    >>>
    >>> Installed Firefox 3 - No problems
    >>> Started Firefox, crashes after 1 sekund, crash reporter shows.
    >>> Sending Crash Report.
    >>>
    >>> Uninstalled Firefox
    >>> Removed all Dirs, including under Document and Settings.
    >>> Reinstalled Firefox 3
    >>> Same Crash as before.
    >>>
    >>> Tryed this about 10 times, restarted pc and so on, nothing helps
    >>>
    >>> It seems at Google Desktop Search and Roboform, can cause this, but
    >>> this is not installed and has never been on the pc.
    >>>
    >>> I'm running a Thinkpad T61, Windows XP newest service Pack. and
    >>> patches.Uninstalled most of the IBM software, but otherwise fairly
    >>> straight forward, but a lot programs installed.
    >>>
    >>> I have a Collegue with a similar Machine/OS and there FF3 runs fine.
    >>>
    >>> So I Assume that it must be a program installed that is not
    >>> compatible, but is there a way to find out which one.
    >>> I'm thinking the Crash Report could say something dll file etc.
    >>>
    >>> No help from the Mozilla Firefox support, they really sucks, if you
    >>> have a problem uninstall - reinstall, remove profiles - remove dirs,
    >>> uninstalle - reinstall............. And this have been tried many
    >>> times.
    >>>
    >>> So Please Help
    >>>
    >>> If anyone have a solution.
    >>>

    >> Try creating a new profile:
    >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a...ile_on_Windows
    >>

    > he's gonna have it cut out to create a new profile, if he can't get FF
    > started!
    >
    > reg

    I believe if he installed FF, added the -p to the end of the "Target" in
    the shortcut and created a new profile in the beginning, it wouldn't crash.

    --
    Terry R.

  8. Re: Firefox 3

    Terry R. wrote:
    > The date and time was 6/26/2008 6:56 AM, and on a whim, squaredancer
    > pounded out on the keyboard:
    >
    >> On 26.06.2008 15:44, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Terry R. to
    >> generate the following:? :
    >>> The date and time was 6/26/2008 3:19 AM, and on a whim, sasmussen
    >>> pounded out on the keyboard:

    >>> Try creating a new profile:
    >>> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a...ile_on_Windows
    >>>

    >> he's gonna have it cut out to create a new profile, if he can't get FF
    >> started!
    >>
    >> reg

    > I believe if he installed FF, added the -p to the end of the "Target" in
    > the shortcut and created a new profile in the beginning, it wouldn't crash.

    Unless I have missed something in this thread, he tried deleting the
    profile, so I can't see how using profile manager would help him. But,
    hey, it's cheap, he should try it.

  9. Re: Firefox 3

    On 6/26/08 6:19 AM, _sasmussen_ spoke thusly:
    > Firefox won't start at all:
    >
    > I have done the following:
    >
    > Installed Firefox 3 - No problems
    > Started Firefox, crashes after 1 sekund, crash reporter shows.
    > Sending Crash Report.
    >
    > Uninstalled Firefox
    > Removed all Dirs, including under Document and Settings.
    > Reinstalled Firefox 3
    > Same Crash as before.
    >
    > Tryed this about 10 times, restarted pc and so on, nothing helps
    >
    > It seems at Google Desktop Search and Roboform, can cause this, but
    > this is not installed and has never been on the pc.
    >
    > I'm running a Thinkpad T61, Windows XP newest service Pack. and
    > patches.Uninstalled most of the IBM software, but otherwise fairly
    > straight forward, but a lot programs installed.
    >
    > I have a Collegue with a similar Machine/OS and there FF3 runs fine.
    >
    > So I Assume that it must be a program installed that is not
    > compatible, but is there a way to find out which one.
    > I'm thinking the Crash Report could say something dll file etc.
    >
    > No help from the Mozilla Firefox support, they really sucks, if you
    > have a problem uninstall - reinstall, remove profiles - remove dirs,
    > uninstalle - reinstall............. And this have been tried many
    > times.

    Have you read the knowledge base article?

    --
    Chris Ilias

  10. Re: Firefox 3

    On 26 Jun., 19:47, Chris Ilias wrote:
    > On 6/26/08 6:19 AM, _sasmussen_ spoke thusly:
    >

    > >Firefoxwon'tstartat all:

    > > I have done the following:

    > > InstalledFirefox3- No problems
    > > StartedFirefox, crashes after 1 sekund, crash reporter shows.
    > > Sending Crash Report.

    > > UninstalledFirefox
    > > Removed all Dirs, including under Document and Settings.
    > > ReinstalledFirefox3
    > > Same Crash as before.

    > > Tryed this about 10 times, restarted pc and so on, nothing helps

    > > It seems at Google Desktop Search and Roboform, can cause this, but
    > > this is not installed and has never been on the pc.

    > > I'm running a Thinkpad T61, Windows XP newest service Pack. and
    > > patches.Uninstalled most of the IBM software, but otherwise fairly
    > > straight forward, but a lot programs installed.

    > > I have a Collegue with a similar Machine/OS and there FF3 runs fine.

    > > So I Assume that it must be a program installed that is not
    > > compatible, but is there a way to find out which one.
    > > I'm thinking the Crash Report could say something dll file etc.

    > > No help from the MozillaFirefoxsupport, they really sucks, if you
    > > have a problem uninstall - reinstall, remove profiles - remove dirs,
    > > uninstalle - reinstall............. And this have been tried many
    > > times.

    > Have you read the knowledge base article?
    >
    > --
    > Chris Ilias
    >
    > - Vis tekst i anførselstegn -

    Well i got a litle bit further but not much, it is very odd.

    I tried all of the above no luck, so i started to fiddle a bit, and
    removed the start page in the browser config, actually changed it to
    about:blank, so now i can start firefox 3 but:

    when I start surfing and using it, it chrashes, so in short surfing on
    various web sites make it crash.

    Any good ideas on that one, this irritates a lot, :-(

+ Reply to Thread