Speak IT add-on - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Speak IT add-on - Mozilla ; Hello all! Sorry if I missed this question being asked already, but I wonder if someone here knows the developer of Speak It (TTS add-on) or is willing to update it to be compatible with FireFox 3.0? At the moment, ...

  1. Speak IT add-on

    Hello all!

    Sorry if I missed this question being asked already, but I wonder if
    someone here knows the developer of Speak It (TTS add-on) or is willing
    to update it to be compatible with FireFox 3.0?

    At the moment, I have disabled the compatibility checking in order to
    make it work, which it does. Kind of (animation of the smiley doesn't
    work, neither does the shortcut menu or the option window, but it doth
    speak if told to).

    And in case the developer for Speak It reads this, I have something for
    the 'wishlist'... Is it possible to add a feature which, when SpeakIT
    encounters the word, overrides the default pronounciation and uses an
    user-defined one?

    And is there anyone who knows if there is a Swedish voice available for
    Microsofts Speech API (free if possible)?

    And if this add-on has been abandoned, is there anyone who is willing
    to accept the challenge of adding a TTS functionality to FireFox 3.0?
    IIRC, the original SpeakIt was based on another addon, Foxyvoice.
    And my wishlist also applies to any such new development, and I'm
    willing to Beta-test the add-on if required.

    /Teo.

    PS: Please remove stupidity to reply.

  2. Re: Speak IT add-on

    Teodor Väänänen wrote:
    > Hello all!
    >
    > Sorry if I missed this question being asked already, but I wonder if
    > someone here knows the developer of Speak It (TTS add-on) or is willing
    > to update it to be compatible with FireFox 3.0?

    I don't have any info on that specific extension, but have you seen this
    page?

    http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...mode=inproduct

    --
    Alex K.

  3. Re: Speak IT add-on

    Alex K. skrev:
    > Teodor Väänänen wrote:
    >> Hello all!
    >>
    >> Sorry if I missed this question being asked already, but I wonder if
    >> someone here knows the developer of Speak It (TTS add-on) or is willing
    >> to update it to be compatible with FireFox 3.0?

    > I don't have any info on that specific extension, but have you seen this
    > page?
    >
    > http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/...mode=inproduct

    Took a look and tried one, but it seemed to be a full screen reader for
    FireFox... What I'm after is just the ability to read the contents of a
    page, like Speak IT did.

    BTW, further testing on my part has revealed that not only does the
    animation no work, it seems the short cut menu and commands to
    pause/start/stop and set options seems to be someone broken.

    /Teo.

    PS: Remove stupidity to reply.

+ Reply to Thread