Seamonkey newsreader 5x slower than Thunderbird for me? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Seamonkey newsreader 5x slower than Thunderbird for me? - Mozilla ; squaredancer wrote: > On 26.06.2008 02:31, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Peter Potamus > the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? : >> Ed Mullen wrote: >> >>> cptcanuck2 wrote: >>> >>>> user@domain.inva lid wrote: >>>> >>>>> ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 29 of 29

  1. Re: OT: Re: Seamonkey newsreader 5x slower than Thunderbird for me?

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 26.06.2008 02:31, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Peter Potamus
    > the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :
    >> Ed Mullen wrote:

    >>> Which leaves me to puzzle out from your sender id ...
    >>>
    >>> Hmmm. Captain Canuck 2? Well, ok, my wife's Canadian so ok. but, uh,
    >>> Captain in what? The RCMP?
    >>>

    >> he's probably referring to this:
    >> http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/o...c002284-v6.jpg
    >> http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/o...c002287-v6.jpg
    >>
    >> but, he's not Canada's Greatest Superhero. That honor goes
    >> to The Red Panda:
    >> http://decoderring.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=340176
    >>

    > Grant - did you run the audio link, middle right of that page??
    >
    > reg

    you mean to listen to it. Yes! Otherwise, what about it?

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  2. Re: OT: Re: Seamonkey newsreader 5x slower than Thunderbird for me?

    cptcanuck2 wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> followup to mozilla.general

    > Yes, I am the Canadian superhero Captain Canuck. I own that 1st comic
    > book issue of Captain Canuck, which is in your link, from when I was a kid.

    this is your third posting of this! If you noticed, at the
    end of my posting I said "followup to mozilla.general",
    which means anyone who posted to my posting, the message
    would have been placed in the newsgroup mozilla.general,
    where off topic discussions are to go.

    followup set to mozilla.general

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: OT: Re: Seamonkey newsreader 5x slower than Thunderbird for me?

    On 26.06.2008 16:31, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Peter Potamus
    the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :
    > squaredancer wrote:
    >
    >> On 26.06.2008 02:31, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Peter Potamus
    >> the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :

    >>> he's probably referring to this:
    >>> http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/o...c002284-v6.jpg
    >>> http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/o...c002287-v6.jpg
    >>>
    >>> but, he's not Canada's Greatest Superhero. That honor goes
    >>> to The Red Panda:
    >>> http://decoderring.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=340176
    >>>

    >> Grant - did you run the audio link, middle right of that page??
    >>
    >> reg
    >>

    > you mean to listen to it.

    yep!

    > Otherwise, what about it?

    wondered if you noticed it - it's a bit on the "faded" side!

    reg

  4. Re: OT: Re: Seamonkey newsreader 5x slower than Thunderbird for me?

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 26.06.2008 16:31, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Peter Potamus
    > the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :
    >> squaredancer wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 26.06.2008 02:31, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Peter Potamus
    >>> the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :

    >>> Grant - did you run the audio link, middle right of that page??
    >>>
    >>> reg
    >>>

    >> you mean to listen to it.

    > yep!
    >

    >> Otherwise, what about it?
    >>

    > wondered if you noticed it - it's a bit on the "faded" side!
    >
    > reg

    not from my end. It stuck out like a sore thumb. And the
    two download links were easy to find, too.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  5. Re: OT: Re: Seamonkey newsreader 5x slower than Thunderbird for me?

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 26.06.2008 16:31, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Peter Potamus
    > the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :
    >> squaredancer wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 26.06.2008 02:31, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Peter
    >>> Potamus the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :

    >>> Grant - did you run the audio link, middle right of that page??
    >>>
    >>> reg
    >>>

    >> you mean to listen to it.

    > yep!
    >

    >> Otherwise, what about it?
    >>

    > wondered if you noticed it - it's a bit on the "faded" side!
    >
    > reg

    I use both T-Bird and Seamonkey and I find very little if any difference
    in emails downloading both on an older model G4-500 using OSX.3.9 and
    G4 -1.67Gb PowerBook 17"

    Of course, I use a SDSL 1mbps line. Which might make a difference.
    FOIS hasn't come to our neck of the woods yet.

    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11

  6. Re: OT: Re: Seamonkey newsreader 5x slower than Thunderbird for me?

    Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:

    >>> you mean to listen to it.

    >> yep!

    hmm, I was in Russia (Siberia) last august and i have learned a couple
    of curses: blin, blad and the uppermost worse is 'yep'
    so please stay polite and say yip! or yeah!

    ;-)

    --
    GJ

  7. Re: OT: Re: Seamonkey newsreader 5x slower than Thunderbird for me?

    GerardJan wrote:

    >>> yep!
    >>>

    > hmm, I was in Russia (Siberia) last august and i have learned a couple
    > of curses: blin, blad and the uppermost worse is 'yep'
    > so please stay polite and say yip! or yeah!
    >
    > ;-)
    >
    > --
    > GJ

    Is it okay to use Yup or Yupper I know several people from Texas that
    use one or the other interchangeably when the want to agree but not add
    anything to the comment. But, then again we know about the Texas folks
    don't we ;-)

    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11

  8. Re: OT: Re: Seamonkey newsreader 5x slower than Thunderbird for me?

    Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    > GerardJan wrote:

    >> hmm, I was in Russia (Siberia) last august and i have learned a couple
    >> of curses: blin, blad and the uppermost worse is 'yep'
    >> so please stay polite and say yip! or yeah!
    >>
    >> ;-)
    >>
    >> --
    >> GJ

    > Is it okay to use Yup or Yupper I know several people from Texas that
    > use one or the other interchangeably when the want to agree but not add
    > anything to the comment. But, then again we know about the Texas folks
    > don't we ;-)

    Yep, I resemble that. Texas travel folks advertise "Texas-- A whole
    other country." Which it used to be....
    Still has its own unique identity, and traditions.

  9. Re: OT: Re: Seamonkey newsreader 5x slower than Thunderbird for me?

    Ron Hunter wrote:

    > Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
    >
    >> GerardJan wrote:

    >>> hmm, I was in Russia (Siberia) last august and i have learned a
    >>> couple of curses: blin, blad and the uppermost worse is 'yep'
    >>> so please stay polite and say yip! or yeah!
    >>>
    >>> ;-)
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> GJ

    >> Is it okay to use Yup or Yupper I know several people from Texas
    >> that use one or the other interchangeably when the want to agree but
    >> not add anything to the comment. But, then again we know about the
    >> Texas folks don't we ;-)
    >>

    > Yep, I resemble that. Texas travel folks advertise "Texas-- A whole
    > other country." Which it used to be....
    > Still has its own unique identity, and traditions.

    A Department of Water Resources Representative stops at a Texas ranch
    and talks with an old rancher. He tells the rancher, I need to
    inspect your ranch for your water allocation.

    The old rancher says, Okay, but don't go in that field over there.

    The Water Representative says, Mister, I have the authority of the
    Federal Government with me...See this card? This card means I am
    allowed to go WHEREVER I WISH on any agricultural land. No questions
    asked or answered. Have I made myself clear? Do you understand??

    The old rancher nods politely and goes about his chores.

    Later, the old rancher hears loud screams and sees the Water Rep
    running for his life and close behind is the rancher's huge Brahman
    bull. The bull is gaining with every step. The Rep is clearly
    terrified, so the old rancher immediately throws down his tools, runs
    to the fence and yells at the top of his lungs.....

    "YOUR CARD, SHOW HIM YOUR CARD!!!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2