CCs with attachments - Mozilla

This is a discussion on CCs with attachments - Mozilla ; I had noted that with my setup, gmail forwarding mail to two TB accounts on my usual ISP (which is Roadrunner), I can't receive e-mails I copy to myself, if those e-mails have attachments. Last week and again today, people ...

  1. CCs with attachments

    I had noted that with my setup, gmail forwarding mail to two TB accounts
    on my usual ISP (which is Roadrunner), I can't receive e-mails I copy to
    myself, if those e-mails have attachments. Last week and again today,
    people on the TB list pointed out that gmail won't allow one to send
    mails to oneself. Today, I had asked whether anyone could confirm that
    TB, *without* gmail in the loop, will allow one to CC oneself, with
    attachments on the e-mail.

    Trying to be as clear as I can - if I send you a note and attach a photo
    of my dog to it, and send a copy of that note with its attachment to
    myself - will TB allow me to receive my note with its attachment?

    Someone who really has experience with this - Just a "yes" or "no" will
    probably solve this part of my problem, because if TB doesn't allow this
    sort of CC, then a major part of my e-mail question will be resolved.

    Thanks - Bill Hansen

  2. Re: CCs with attachments

    On 6/24/2008 5:56 PM, Bill Hansen wrote:
    > I had noted that with my setup, gmail forwarding mail to two TB accounts
    > on my usual ISP (which is Roadrunner), I can't receive e-mails I copy to
    > myself, if those e-mails have attachments. Last week and again today,
    > people on the TB list pointed out that gmail won't allow one to send
    > mails to oneself. Today, I had asked whether anyone could confirm that
    > TB, *without* gmail in the loop, will allow one to CC oneself, with
    > attachments on the e-mail.
    >
    > Trying to be as clear as I can - if I send you a note and attach a photo
    > of my dog to it, and send a copy of that note with its attachment to
    > myself - will TB allow me to receive my note with its attachment?
    >
    > Someone who really has experience with this - Just a "yes" or "no" will
    > probably solve this part of my problem, because if TB doesn't allow this
    > sort of CC, then a major part of my e-mail question will be resolved.
    >
    > Thanks - Bill Hansen

    I have CC'd notes with attachments to myself using Thunderbird without
    problems.

    Dave Pyles

+ Reply to Thread