CCs with attachments - Mozilla

This is a discussion on CCs with attachments - Mozilla ; My e-mail setup is the following: gmail forwards messages to two TB accounts on my LAN, sharing TB between two computers on a wireless network. OS is Win XP Pro. No extensions in TB. The ISP for my e-mails is ...

  1. CCs with attachments

    My e-mail setup is the following: gmail forwards messages to two TB
    accounts on my LAN, sharing TB between two computers on a wireless
    network. OS is Win XP Pro. No extensions in TB. The ISP for my e-mails
    is Roadrunner, not gmail.

    I've noticed that if I send an e-mail with an attachment (usually a
    photo) and CC: myself, I never get the CC. Nothing comes through, ever -
    not the text or the attachment. If I've correctly understood what I've
    read on this support forum, this is a normal function of TB, when TB is
    set up to receive messages forwarded from gmail.

    The other problem with my particular setup is that it's sometimes very,
    very slow - and no, it's not the computer itself which is slow, only the
    e-mail functions which are sometimes slow to send or receive. More
    important, messages sometimes don't appear in the Sent folder, or in the
    Delete folder or the Trash folder, for several hours. Since these delays
    don't occur if I send, delete, receive (etc) using Outlook or Eudora,
    I'm guessing that the gmail-to-TB setup is at fault. Emails occasionally
    get lost from my TB InBox too, but so far they've always appeared on the
    online gmail site. Again, these "dropped e-mails" haven't occurred with
    Outlook or Eudora.

    It's really important that I retain the ability to receive copies of
    e-mails I send to others, including the attachments themselves (I can
    list the reasons for this, but for now maybe people will just accept
    that it's important to me). It would also be very helpful if these
    delays didn't occur when messages are transferred from one part of TB to
    another (InBox to Delete for example, or from Compose to Sent). It's
    very disconcerting to send an e-mail, check the Sent folder to see if it
    really went through, and not see anything new in the Sent folder for
    several hours.

    My solution would be to unsubscribe from gmail, **if** unsubscribing
    from gmail would allow me to receive those e-mails I copy to myself, and
    also to receive the copies of attachments themselves. Can someone tell
    me if that would be true? I'm guessing that unsubscribing from gmail
    would also solve the problems having to do with delays. If the delays
    are a property of TB itself, it would be helpful for me to know that.

    Thanks - Bill Hansen

  2. Re: CCs with attachments

    Bill Hansen said the following on 6/24/2008 12:40 PM:
    > My e-mail setup is the following: gmail forwards messages to two TB
    > accounts on my LAN, sharing TB between two computers on a wireless
    > network. OS is Win XP Pro. No extensions in TB. The ISP for my e-mails
    > is Roadrunner, not gmail.
    >
    > I've noticed that if I send an e-mail with an attachment (usually a
    > photo) and CC: myself, I never get the CC. Nothing comes through, ever -
    > not the text or the attachment. If I've correctly understood what I've
    > read on this support forum, this is a normal function of TB, when TB is
    > set up to receive messages forwarded from gmail.
    >
    > The other problem with my particular setup is that it's sometimes very,
    > very slow - and no, it's not the computer itself which is slow, only the
    > e-mail functions which are sometimes slow to send or receive. More
    > important, messages sometimes don't appear in the Sent folder, or in the
    > Delete folder or the Trash folder, for several hours. Since these delays
    > don't occur if I send, delete, receive (etc) using Outlook or Eudora,
    > I'm guessing that the gmail-to-TB setup is at fault. Emails occasionally
    > get lost from my TB InBox too, but so far they've always appeared on the
    > online gmail site. Again, these "dropped e-mails" haven't occurred with
    > Outlook or Eudora.
    >
    > It's really important that I retain the ability to receive copies of
    > e-mails I send to others, including the attachments themselves (I can
    > list the reasons for this, but for now maybe people will just accept
    > that it's important to me). It would also be very helpful if these
    > delays didn't occur when messages are transferred from one part of TB to
    > another (InBox to Delete for example, or from Compose to Sent). It's
    > very disconcerting to send an e-mail, check the Sent folder to see if it
    > really went through, and not see anything new in the Sent folder for
    > several hours.
    >
    > My solution would be to unsubscribe from gmail, **if** unsubscribing
    > from gmail would allow me to receive those e-mails I copy to myself, and
    > also to receive the copies of attachments themselves. Can someone tell
    > me if that would be true? I'm guessing that unsubscribing from gmail
    > would also solve the problems having to do with delays. If the delays
    > are a property of TB itself, it would be helpful for me to know that.
    >
    > Thanks - Bill Hansen

    I don't think gmail will allow sending email to yourself. (from and to
    having same gmail address)

    --
    (^\pop/^)
    I'm lost... I've gone to look for myself.

  3. Re: CCs with attachments

    pop skrev:
    > Bill Hansen said the following on 6/24/2008 12:40 PM:
    >> My e-mail setup is the following: gmail forwards messages to two TB
    >> accounts on my LAN, sharing TB between two computers on a wireless
    >> network. OS is Win XP Pro. No extensions in TB. The ISP for my e-mails
    >> is Roadrunner, not gmail.
    >>
    >> I've noticed that if I send an e-mail with an attachment (usually a
    >> photo) and CC: myself, I never get the CC. Nothing comes through, ever
    >> - not the text or the attachment. If I've correctly understood what
    >> I've read on this support forum, this is a normal function of TB, when
    >> TB is set up to receive messages forwarded from gmail.
    >>
    >> The other problem with my particular setup is that it's sometimes
    >> very, very slow - and no, it's not the computer itself which is slow,
    >> only the e-mail functions which are sometimes slow to send or receive.
    >> More important, messages sometimes don't appear in the Sent folder, or
    >> in the Delete folder or the Trash folder, for several hours. Since
    >> these delays don't occur if I send, delete, receive (etc) using
    >> Outlook or Eudora, I'm guessing that the gmail-to-TB setup is at
    >> fault. Emails occasionally get lost from my TB InBox too, but so far
    >> they've always appeared on the online gmail site. Again, these
    >> "dropped e-mails" haven't occurred with Outlook or Eudora.
    >>
    >> It's really important that I retain the ability to receive copies of
    >> e-mails I send to others, including the attachments themselves (I can
    >> list the reasons for this, but for now maybe people will just accept
    >> that it's important to me). It would also be very helpful if these
    >> delays didn't occur when messages are transferred from one part of TB
    >> to another (InBox to Delete for example, or from Compose to Sent).
    >> It's very disconcerting to send an e-mail, check the Sent folder to
    >> see if it really went through, and not see anything new in the Sent
    >> folder for several hours.
    >>
    >> My solution would be to unsubscribe from gmail, **if** unsubscribing
    >> from gmail would allow me to receive those e-mails I copy to myself,
    >> and also to receive the copies of attachments themselves. Can someone
    >> tell me if that would be true? I'm guessing that unsubscribing from
    >> gmail would also solve the problems having to do with delays. If the
    >> delays are a property of TB itself, it would be helpful for me to know
    >> that.
    >>
    >> Thanks - Bill Hansen
    >>

    > I don't think gmail will allow sending email to yourself. (from and to
    > having same gmail address)

    You do get mail sent with a gmail address to and from yourself *if* you
    don't use Gmail's SMTP.

    If you send the message using Gmail's SMTP, it will only be available to
    you online (via web) in your online Gmail Sent folder, but will not be
    available to you via e. g. pop.

    BR,
    Gudmund

+ Reply to Thread