email confirmation hangs TB - Mozilla

This is a discussion on email confirmation hangs TB - Mozilla ; I have a message that needed a confirmation sent to the sender. Whenever I click to open, I get a "Confirm" window pop up. The message says 'The sender of this message has asked to be notified when you read ...

  1. email confirmation hangs TB

    I have a message that needed a confirmation sent to the sender. Whenever
    I click to open, I get a "Confirm" window pop up. The message says 'The
    sender of this message has asked to be notified when you read this
    message. Do you wish to notify the sender?'

    I have two options OK or Cancel.Clicking on either option hangs TB. It
    just leaves a blue bar in the bottom right scrolling as if it is doing
    something. Task Manager indicates that TB is still running but I cannot
    do anything. I've waited as much as 10 minutes to see what would happen.

    My only option here is to close using Task Manager and then reopen TB.

    Is there a work around for this?

  2. Re: email confirmation hangs TB

    On 24-06-2008 14:20 CET, Britusa composed this enchanting statement:
    > I have a message that needed a confirmation sent to the sender.
    > Whenever I click to open, I get a "Confirm" window pop up. The message
    > says 'The sender of this message has asked to be notified when you
    > read this message. Do you wish to notify the sender?'
    >
    > I have two options OK or Cancel.Clicking on either option hangs TB. It
    > just leaves a blue bar in the bottom right scrolling as if it is doing
    > something. Task Manager indicates that TB is still running but I
    > cannot do anything. I've waited as much as 10 minutes to see what
    > would happen.
    >
    > My only option here is to close using Task Manager and then reopen TB.
    >
    > Is there a work around for this?

    Check/Modify your Return Receipts settings in your preferences
    (Tools/Options/Advanced/General).

    --
    Kind regards,
    Melchert