SeaMonkey Add ins display access denied message - Mozilla

This is a discussion on SeaMonkey Add ins display access denied message - Mozilla ; Folks, I've installed SeaMonkey for the first time. When I attempt to access an add in I initially get a message that tells me that 'A web site is requesting permission to install' and displays a URL and a message ...

  1. SeaMonkey Add ins display access denied message

    Folks,
    I've installed SeaMonkey for the first time. When I attempt to access an
    add in I initially get a message that tells me that 'A web site is
    requesting permission to install' and displays a URL and a message about
    Malicious software that can damage systems. When I select to install I
    then get an access denied message.

    The Edit|Preferences|Advanced|Software Installation|Allow web sites to
    install extensions and updates checkbox is checked and the Allowed Sites
    dialog contains the addons.mozilla.org entry.

    I'd be grateful if anyone could shed some light on why I keep getting
    this message.

    Bob

  2. Re: SeaMonkey Add ins display access denied message

    Bob Macpherson wrote:
    > Folks,
    > I've installed SeaMonkey for the first time. When I attempt to access an
    > add in I initially get a message that tells me that 'A web site is
    > requesting permission to install' and displays a URL and a message about
    > Malicious software that can damage systems. When I select to install I
    > then get an access denied message.
    >
    > The Edit|Preferences|Advanced|Software Installation|Allow web sites to
    > install extensions and updates checkbox is checked and the Allowed Sites
    > dialog contains the addons.mozilla.org entry.
    >
    > I'd be grateful if anyone could shed some light on why I keep getting
    > this message.
    >
    > Bob

    it does help if you tell us which one is giving you problems

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

+ Reply to Thread