FF2.0.14: Won't auto fill login/pass fields anymore!? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on FF2.0.14: Won't auto fill login/pass fields anymore!? - Mozilla ; FF2.0.14: Won't auto fill login/pass fields anymore!? Or more specifically, after an entirely clean install (fresh OS), it seems none of my previously saved logins and passwords will auto-fill. I can start to type my login, it will show me ...

  1. FF2.0.14: Won't auto fill login/pass fields anymore!?

    FF2.0.14: Won't auto fill login/pass fields anymore!?

    Or more specifically, after an entirely clean install (fresh OS), it
    seems none of my previously saved logins and passwords will auto-fill.

    I can start to type my login, it will show me the login, I hit down
    arrow to highlight it, and TAB to insert it.

    I hit TAB to go to the next field -- the password field -- and it
    automatically fills in my password.

    What gives?

    --
    -Lost
    kidding. No I am not.

  2. Re: FF2.0.14: Won't auto fill login/pass fields anymore!?

    /-Lost/ said:
    > FF2.0.14: Won't auto fill login/pass fields anymore!?
    >
    > Or more specifically, after an entirely clean install (fresh OS), it
    > seems none of my previously saved logins and passwords will auto-fill.
    >
    > I can start to type my login, it will show me the login, I hit down
    > arrow to highlight it, and TAB to insert it.
    >
    > I hit TAB to go to the next field -- the password field -- and it
    > automatically fills in my password.
    >
    > What gives?

    Check out the thread "Passwords/forms" and see if it describes your problem.

  3. Re: FF2.0.14: Won't auto fill login/pass fields anymore!?

    Response to hb :

    >> FF2.0.14: Won't auto fill login/pass fields anymore!?

    >> What gives?

    > Check out the thread "Passwords/forms" and see if it describes
    > your problem.

    It does. But I'm using Firefox 2.0.14 and it does it occasionally.

    I thought I read somewhere that there is a specific property you can
    put in a form element's input tag that stopped certain browsers from
    auto-filling. Sound familiar?

    Because my credit card site works -- Yahoo! doesn't.

    That little snippet reported success but no luck. My wireless
    provider's site does it on some of its pages too. And sometimes
    Firefox won't prompt me to save. *shrug*

    --
    -Lost
    kidding. No I am not.

+ Reply to Thread