Deleting contacts in address book Seamonkey Mail? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Deleting contacts in address book Seamonkey Mail? - Mozilla ; Can someone enlighten me how to delete redundant contacts in Seamonkey address book running in Kubuntu Linux. Had a look at Thunderbird again, easily done with a right click. Unfortunately this is not so in Seamonkey, and I have a ...

  1. Deleting contacts in address book Seamonkey Mail?

    Can someone enlighten me how to delete redundant contacts in Seamonkey
    address book running in Kubuntu Linux.
    Had a look at Thunderbird again, easily done with a right click.
    Unfortunately this is not so in Seamonkey, and I have a lot of
    nobody@host.com edited listings in my Seamonkey address book to stop
    mistakes.
    Hope someone knows this basic important command if it exists.
    Best
    Rod,

  2. Re: Deleting contacts in address book Seamonkey Mail?

    Rod Lovett wrote:
    > Can someone enlighten me how to delete redundant contacts in Seamonkey
    > address book running in Kubuntu Linux.
    > Had a look at Thunderbird again, easily done with a right click.
    > Unfortunately this is not so in Seamonkey, and I have a lot of
    > nobody@host.com edited listings in my Seamonkey address book to stop
    > mistakes.
    > Hope someone knows this basic important command if it exists.
    > Best
    > Rod,

    you have to look under the Addition Email address. Open the
    address book, and, on the right side, where you get the
    columns of Name, Email, etc, look to the very far right of
    that area, and you will see something that looks like a bent
    arrow. If you click on that, you will get a listing for
    more columns. Select just Email and Additional Email, and
    unselect the others. Now, you should be able to find all
    the "redundant" emails you don't want.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Deleting contacts in address book Seamonkey Mail?

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Rod Lovett wrote:
    >> Can someone enlighten me how to delete redundant contacts in Seamonkey
    >> address book running in Kubuntu Linux.
    >> Had a look at Thunderbird again, easily done with a right click.
    >> Unfortunately this is not so in Seamonkey, and I have a lot of
    >> nobody@host.com edited listings in my Seamonkey address book to stop
    >> mistakes.
    >> Hope someone knows this basic important command if it exists.
    >> Best
    >> Rod,

    > you have to look under the Addition Email address. Open the address
    > book, and, on the right side, where you get the columns of Name, Email,
    > etc, look to the very far right of that area, and you will see something
    > that looks like a bent arrow. If you click on that, you will get a
    > listing for more columns. Select just Email and Additional Email, and
    > unselect the others. Now, you should be able to find all the
    > "redundant" emails you don't want.

    WOW! Thanks for the tip. (Never saw that before.)

  4. Re: Deleting contacts in address book Seamonkey Mail?

    Mike C wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Rod Lovett wrote:
    >>> Can someone enlighten me how to delete redundant contacts in Seamonkey
    >>> address book running in Kubuntu Linux.
    >>> Had a look at Thunderbird again, easily done with a right click.
    >>> Unfortunately this is not so in Seamonkey, and I have a lot of
    >>> nobody@host.com edited listings in my Seamonkey address book to stop
    >>> mistakes.
    >>> Hope someone knows this basic important command if it exists.
    >>> Best
    >>> Rod,

    >> you have to look under the Addition Email address. Open the address
    >> book, and, on the right side, where you get the columns of Name, Email,
    >> etc, look to the very far right of that area, and you will see something
    >> that looks like a bent arrow. If you click on that, you will get a
    >> listing for more columns. Select just Email and Additional Email, and
    >> unselect the others. Now, you should be able to find all the
    >> "redundant" emails you don't want.
    >>

    > WOW! Thanks for the tip. (Never saw that before.)

    you can't see that forest for those friken trees are in the
    way, right!? ;-) :-D

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

+ Reply to Thread