Sketchy openings with FF3 that flesh out seconds later - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Sketchy openings with FF3 that flesh out seconds later - Mozilla ; With FF3, some Web sites open in a format with some of the content missing, and several seconds later the content gets fleshed out. Two sites where I've seen this are: http://www.jkontherun.com/: The text loads without any real layout, then ...

  1. Sketchy openings with FF3 that flesh out seconds later

    With FF3, some Web sites open in a format with some of the content missing,
    and several seconds later the content gets fleshed out. Two sites where
    I've seen this are:

    http://www.jkontherun.com/: The text loads without any real layout, then
    after a few seconds the page appears as normal.

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/bookshel...rt=folate-mal:
    The categories and headings load, but then then the actual content under the
    headings appears after a few seconds.

    I never had this problems with FF2. It is OK with IE7. All testing is on
    Vista. It seems as if FF3 is showing the page before it has all the
    material, and it may be just that the other browsers wait until they have
    everything.

  2. Re: Sketchy openings with FF3 that flesh out seconds later

    On 23.06.2008 23:21, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Mickey Segal
    to generate the following:? :
    > With FF3, some Web sites open in a format with some of the content missing,
    > and several seconds later the content gets fleshed out. Two sites where
    > I've seen this are:
    >
    > http://www.jkontherun.com/: The text loads without any real layout, then
    > after a few seconds the page appears as normal.
    >
    > http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/bookshel...rt=folate-mal:
    > The categories and headings load, but then then the actual content under the
    > headings appears after a few seconds.
    >
    > I never had this problems with FF2. It is OK with IE7. All testing is on
    > Vista. It seems as if FF3 is showing the page before it has all the
    > material, and it may be just that the other browsers wait until they have
    > everything.

    BOTH sites are not available here!

    reg

  3. Re: Sketchy openings with FF3 that flesh out seconds later

    squaredancer said the following on 6/24/2008 6:58 AM:
    > On 23.06.2008 23:21, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Mickey Segal
    > to generate the following:? :
    >> With FF3, some Web sites open in a format with some of the content
    >> missing, and several seconds later the content gets fleshed out. Two
    >> sites where I've seen this are:
    >>
    >> http://www.jkontherun.com/: The text loads without any real layout,
    >> then after a few seconds the page appears as normal.
    >>
    >> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/bookshel...rt=folate-mal:
    >> The categories and headings load, but then then the actual content
    >> under the headings appears after a few seconds.
    >>
    >> I never had this problems with FF2. It is OK with IE7. All testing
    >> is on Vista. It seems as if FF3 is showing the page before it has all
    >> the material, and it may be just that the other browsers wait until
    >> they have everything.
    >>

    > BOTH sites are not available here!
    >
    > reg

    They are there... you need to remove the trailing ":" from the given
    links. They seem to work fine here.

    --
    (^\pop/^)
    I'm lost... I've gone to look for myself.

  4. Re: Sketchy openings with FF3 that flesh out seconds later

    On 24.06.2008 14:36, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused pop to
    generate the following:? :
    > squaredancer said the following on 6/24/2008 6:58 AM:
    >
    >> On 23.06.2008 23:21, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Mickey Segal
    >> to generate the following:? :
    >>
    >>> With FF3, some Web sites open in a format with some of the content
    >>> missing, and several seconds later the content gets fleshed out. Two
    >>> sites where I've seen this are:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.jkontherun.com/: The text loads without any real layout,
    >>> then after a few seconds the page appears as normal.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/bookshel...rt=folate-mal:
    >>> The categories and headings load, but then then the actual content
    >>> under the headings appears after a few seconds.
    >>>
    >>> I never had this problems with FF2. It is OK with IE7. All testing
    >>> is on Vista. It seems as if FF3 is showing the page before it has all
    >>> the material, and it may be just that the other browsers wait until
    >>> they have everything.
    >>>

    >> BOTH sites are not available here!
    >>
    >> reg
    >>

    > They are there... you need to remove the trailing ":" from the given
    > links. They seem to work fine here.

    ahhhhh! me not seeing those blurbs! Thanks.

    both work here FF3

    reg

+ Reply to Thread