And the fastest browser is... - Mozilla

This is a discussion on And the fastest browser is... - Mozilla ; Bold face and underline in last sentence is mine. Just my way of giving an "Attaboy" to all who helped with Firefox!! June 20, 2008 8:06 AM PDT And the fastest browser is... Posted by Matt Asay 22 comments Which ...

  1. And the fastest browser is...

    Bold face and underline in last sentence is mine. Just my way of giving
    an "Attaboy" to all who helped with Firefox!!

    June 20, 2008 8:06 AM PDT

    And the fastest browser is...

    Posted by Matt Asay
    22 comments

    Which is the world's fastest browser? According to Zimbra
    ,
    Safari runs fastest, though it didn't beat out Firefox by much. Both
    Safari and Firefox were roughly twice as fast as Microsoft's Internet
    Explorer 7.

    Of course, Zimbra was testing for how these browsers perform with the
    Zimbra Web application. Your mileage may vary with other applications.
    In fact, I'd love to see a wide range of tests for different sites and
    applications. Who's next?

    As an aside, I continue to be impressed at how Zimbra treats
    non-Microsoft platforms as first-class citizens (along with Microsoft).
    Firefox is the same way. Both allow you to run on the Mac, for example,
    without losing any functionality that you'd find in Windows/IE.

    _*It's called great code. Weak developers write code that limps on
    anything but Windows. Great developers write code that ports well to
    diverse platforms.*_

    --

  2. Re: And the fastest browser is...

    Where's Opera? Without a doubt Opera is the Fastest. Though maybe because it can't run everything yet.

    --
    Adhal Freeware
    http://www.adhal.org

  3. Re: And the fastest browser is...

    Adhal wrote:
    > Where's Opera? Without a doubt Opera is the Fastest. Though maybe
    > because it can't run everything yet.

    Opera is, or at least was, written in a 'low level' programming
    language. That usually results in small, fast code.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  4. Re: And the fastest browser is...

    On 06/23/2008 11:51 AM jetjock scribbled:

    > Bold face and underline in last sentence is mine.

    need a little practice there...

+ Reply to Thread