FireTune for Firefox - Mozilla

This is a discussion on FireTune for Firefox - Mozilla ; http://www.totalidea.com/content/fir...une-index.html Do I need this? -- Windows XP Pro SP3 Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0...

  1. FireTune for Firefox

    --
    Windows XP Pro SP3
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0

  2. Re: FireTune for Firefox

    Sul@Mozilla wrote:
    > http://www.totalidea.com/content/fir...une-index.html
    >
    > Do I need this?

    That depends. If you are on dialup, it might help, a little. If you
    are on Broadband, it might help, a little, or a lot. In either case, it
    might make changes to your configuration file that you won't like. I
    suggest exploring tips on Mozillazine and doing them yourself. You will
    learn something, and you will know what was changed, and why, and where.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  3. Re: FireTune for Firefox

    Ron Hunter posted the following on 23-Jun-08 21:15:
    > Sul@Mozilla wrote:
    >> http://www.totalidea.com/content/fir...une-index.html
    >>
    >> Do I need this?
    >>

    > That depends. If you are on dialup, it might help, a little. If you
    > are on Broadband, it might help, a little, or a lot. In either case, it
    > might make changes to your configuration file that you won't like. I
    > suggest exploring tips on Mozillazine and doing them yourself. You will
    > learn something, and you will know what was changed, and why, and where.

    I think I'd skipped :-)

    --

    Windows XP Pro SP3

    Posting from Mozilla server

  4. Re: FireTune for Firefox

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 18:57:53 +0700, Sul@Mozilla wrote:

    > http://www.totalidea.com/content/fir...une-index.html
    >
    > Do I need this?

    Apparently it changes some settings, same that can be found here:

    Several of these settings are changed with FasterFox and you can also
    change them by hand in about:config. I don't see why you should use an
    EXE for that.

    I've read that if you have a fast connection and a fast computer that it
    doesn't really matter.

    --
    s|b

+ Reply to Thread