Revert back to Firefox 2 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Revert back to Firefox 2 - Mozilla ; I'd like to go back to Firefox 2. I'm on a pretty wimpy computer, and with Firefox 3 I can't play an mp3 through firefox while working in another program. This was never a problem with Firefox 2. Is there ...

  1. Revert back to Firefox 2

    I'd like to go back to Firefox 2. I'm on a pretty wimpy computer, and
    with Firefox 3 I can't play an mp3 through firefox while working in
    another program. This was never a problem with Firefox 2.

    Is there a way to revert back?

  2. Re: Revert back to Firefox 2

    adam.sacks wrote:
    > I'd like to go back to Firefox 2. I'm on a pretty wimpy computer, and
    > with Firefox 3 I can't play an mp3 through firefox while working in
    > another program. This was never a problem with Firefox 2.
    >
    > Is there a way to revert back?

    Go to this site - pick your favorite version.
    uninstall 3 install 2
    http://oldapps.com/firefox.htm

  3. Re: Revert back to Firefox 2

    On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 18:50:21 -0700 (PDT), "adam.sacks"
    wrote:

    >I'd like to go back to Firefox 2. I'm on a pretty wimpy computer, and
    >with Firefox 3 I can't play an mp3 through firefox while working in
    >another program. This was never a problem with Firefox 2.
    >
    >Is there a way to revert back?

    What official released version would you like?
    http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozi...efox/releases/

    --
    Fred W. (NL)

  4. Re: Revert back to Firefox 2

    adam.sacks wrote:
    > I'd like to go back to Firefox 2. I'm on a pretty wimpy computer, and
    > with Firefox 3 I can't play an mp3 through firefox while working in
    > another program. This was never a problem with Firefox 2.
    >
    > Is there a way to revert back?

    You can keep FF3, install version 2 into another directory.

    On install, click the advanced install option, and rename the install
    directory, Mozilla Firefox 2 seems logical.

  5. Re: Revert back to Firefox 2

    Jose Garcia wrote:
    > adam.sacks wrote:
    >> I'd like to go back to Firefox 2. I'm on a pretty wimpy computer, and
    >> with Firefox 3 I can't play an mp3 through firefox while working in
    >> another program. This was never a problem with Firefox 2.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to revert back?

    > You can keep FF3, install version 2 into another directory.
    >
    > On install, click the advanced install option, and rename the install
    > directory, Mozilla Firefox 2 seems logical.

    Depending on your OS, you might be able to set the priority on FF3
    lower, so that the MP3 player gets enough cycles.... Better than reverting.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  6. Re: Revert back to Firefox 2

    On 06/22/2008 08:50 PM, adam.sacks wrote:
    > I'd like to go back to Firefox 2. I'm on a pretty wimpy computer, and
    > with Firefox 3 I can't play an mp3 through firefox while working in
    > another program. This was never a problem with Firefox 2.
    >
    > Is there a way to revert back?

    Look at Fred W.'s message to get old releases of Firefox.

    Close all instances of Firefox. Move Firefox's program folder to the
    recycle bin. Install Firefox 2 but don't run it.

    Use cmd.exe to launch firefox this way:
    firefox.exe -profilemanager

    The above command would have to be executed from within Firefox's
    program folder. Firefox's Profile Manager╣ will launch.

    In the Profile Manager, create a new profile and make sure that "Don't
    ask at startup" is not checked, then start Firefox, then close Firefox.

    Now comes the hard part ;-) Migrate your old profile data to the new
    profile.▓ Good luck.

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_manager
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Migrating_..._a_new_profile

+ Reply to Thread