Praise for Profile Migration from Netscape 7.2 - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Praise for Profile Migration from Netscape 7.2 - Mozilla ; Earlier today, my sister installed SM 1.1.9 as an upgrade/replacement for Netscape 7.2, which she's used for years. It went like a dream! She installed it, ran it, and (to our great delight and relief) found that it had migrated ...

  1. Praise for Profile Migration from Netscape 7.2

    Earlier today, my sister installed SM 1.1.9 as an upgrade/replacement
    for Netscape 7.2, which she's used for years. It went like a dream!
    She installed it, ran it, and (to our great delight and relief) found
    that it had migrated all her mail folders, bookmarks and plug-ins
    flawlessly the first time.

    To the folks responsible, I say:

    Well done! Kudos! A+++! Awesome! Take a bow!

    Thanks,

    /Nelson

  2. Re: Praise for Profile Migration from Netscape 7.2

    Nelson Bolyard wrote:
    > Earlier today, my sister installed SM 1.1.9 as an upgrade/replacement
    > for Netscape 7.2, which she's used for years. It went like a dream!
    > She installed it, ran it, and (to our great delight and relief) found
    > that it had migrated all her mail folders, bookmarks and plug-ins
    > flawlessly the first time.
    >
    > To the folks responsible, I say:
    >
    > Well done! Kudos! A+++! Awesome! Take a bow!
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > /Nelson

    I doubt it migrated anything, unless she created a separate
    profile for SM. Otherwise, SM just picked up and started
    using the Netscape 7.2 profile.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  3. Re: Praise for Profile Migration from Netscape 7.2

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote, On 2008-06-22 13:31:
    > Nelson Bolyard wrote:
    >> Earlier today, my sister installed SM 1.1.9 as an upgrade/replacement
    >> for Netscape 7.2, which she's used for years. It went like a dream!
    >> She installed it, ran it, and (to our great delight and relief) found
    >> that it had migrated all her mail folders, bookmarks and plug-ins
    >> flawlessly the first time.
    >>
    >> To the folks responsible, I say:
    >>
    >> Well done! Kudos! A+++! Awesome! Take a bow!
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> /Nelson

    > I doubt it migrated anything, unless she created a separate
    > profile for SM. Otherwise, SM just picked up and started
    > using the Netscape 7.2 profile.

    That's an interesting thought. Well, in any case, it's working very well.
    I was prepared to spend hours getting it all working, and it just worked.

  4. Re: Praise for Profile Migration from Netscape 7.2

    Nelson Bolyard wrote:
    > Earlier today, my sister installed SM 1.1.9 as an upgrade/replacement
    > for Netscape 7.2, which she's used for years. It went like a dream!
    > She installed it, ran it, and (to our great delight and relief) found
    > that it had migrated all her mail folders, bookmarks and plug-ins
    > flawlessly the first time.
    >
    > To the folks responsible, I say:
    >
    > Well done! Kudos! A+++! Awesome! Take a bow!

    Good to hear - even thought it probably is no migration but you the xpfe
    suite code reusing the profile from the other xpfe suite (after all,
    "Netscape" and "SeaMonkey" are both just brand names applied to the same
    suite) ;-)

    Just don't let her use Netscape with that profile any more, or it
    probably will destroy the data ;-)

    Robert Kaiser

  5. Re: Praise for Profile Migration from Netscape 7.2

    Robert Kaiser wrote:
    > Nelson Bolyard wrote:
    >> Earlier today, my sister installed SM 1.1.9 as an upgrade/replacement
    >> for Netscape 7.2, which she's used for years. It went like a dream!
    >> She installed it, ran it, and (to our great delight and relief) found
    >> that it had migrated all her mail folders, bookmarks and plug-ins
    >> flawlessly the first time.
    >>
    >> To the folks responsible, I say:
    >>
    >> Well done! Kudos! A+++! Awesome! Take a bow!

    > Good to hear - even thought it probably is no migration but you the xpfe
    > suite code reusing the profile from the other xpfe suite (after all,
    > "Netscape" and "SeaMonkey" are both just brand names applied to the same
    > suite) ;-)
    >
    > Just don't let her use Netscape with that profile any more, or it
    > probably will destroy the data ;-)
    >
    > Robert Kaiser

    Although there was no migration per se, the fact the OP encountered no
    problems whatsoever moving from NS72. to SM still is nice to read ...
    considering what often happens while "upgrading" any software!

    Regards
    --
    John Doue

+ Reply to Thread