What is in the files in the minidump folder in FF3 profile? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on What is in the files in the minidump folder in FF3 profile? - Mozilla ; I saw a new folder in my FF3 profile, called minidump. It contained 2 items which are in binary format, so I am unable to interpret them. I understand that the minidump has something to do with Firefox crash reporting, ...

  1. What is in the files in the minidump folder in FF3 profile?

    I saw a new folder in my FF3 profile, called minidump. It contained 2
    items which are in binary format, so I am unable to interpret them. I
    understand that the minidump has something to do with Firefox crash
    reporting, but I would like to know what is dumped, and whether those
    files can be deleted, or if they will simply come back again. The thing
    is, I have not had any FF3 crashes yet, so why is there a need to dump
    anything into the minidump?

  2. Re: What is in the files in the minidump folder in FF3 profile?

    EE wrote:
    > I saw a new folder in my FF3 profile, called minidump. It contained 2
    > items which are in binary format, so I am unable to interpret them. I
    > understand that the minidump has something to do with Firefox crash
    > reporting, but I would like to know what is dumped, and whether those
    > files can be deleted, or if they will simply come back again. The thing
    > is, I have not had any FF3 crashes yet, so why is there a need to dump
    > anything into the minidump?

    That's odd. I would expect it to have nothing unless FF crashed.

    Is is a folder used by the CrashReporter. Maybe it was left from earlier FF installs.

    Just delete the directory, it recreates itself.

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Breakpad

    --
    Adhal Freeware
    http://www.adhal.org

  3. Re: What is in the files in the minidump folder in FF3 profile?

    Adhal wrote:
    > EE wrote:
    >> I saw a new folder in my FF3 profile, called minidump. It contained 2
    >> items which are in binary format, so I am unable to interpret them. I
    >> understand that the minidump has something to do with Firefox crash
    >> reporting, but I would like to know what is dumped, and whether those
    >> files can be deleted, or if they will simply come back again. The
    >> thing is, I have not had any FF3 crashes yet, so why is there a need
    >> to dump anything into the minidump?

    > That's odd. I would expect it to have nothing unless FF crashed.
    >
    > Is is a folder used by the CrashReporter. Maybe it was left from earlier
    > FF installs.
    >
    > Just delete the directory, it recreates itself.
    >
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Breakpad

    Will do. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread