Search bar problem....... - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Search bar problem....... - Mozilla ; I wonder if somebody could help. My search bar shows all 12 searches that I have previously made, instead of having the up/down scroll bar. How do I get the scrill bar back, as it is now, when I click ...

  1. Search bar problem.......

    I wonder if somebody could help. My search bar shows all 12 searches
    that I have previously made, instead of having the up/down scroll bar.
    How do I get the scrill bar back, as it is now, when I click on the drop
    down arrow, it covers almost half the page.

    Thanks

    John.

  2. Re: Search bar problem.......

    John wrote:
    > I wonder if somebody could help. My search bar shows all 12 searches
    > that I have previously made, instead of having the up/down scroll bar.
    > How do I get the scrill bar back, as it is now, when I click on the drop
    > down arrow, it covers almost half the page.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > John.

    Hi, can I ask again if somebody knows how to change this?

    Thanks.

  3. Re: Search bar problem.......

    "John" wrote in message news:v6-dncs6nLffUsPVnZ2dnUVZ_vninZ2d@mozilla.org...
    > I wonder if somebody could help. My search bar shows all 12 searches
    > that I have previously made, instead of having the up/down scroll bar.
    > How do I get the scroll bar back, as it is now, when I click on the drop
    > down arrow, it covers almost half the page.

    I don't see that as a problem, scroll bars do not show up until needed,
    and there are only 12 items returned, so I doubt you'd see scroll bars anyway.
    What you see has to begin with the first letter you type.
    You have a choice in Fx3 between previous entries you made

    and previous entries (suggestions) made by others after you've entered 3 characters
    it goes to Google to find out what is most likely to follow.

    That choice is controlled by right click on the sort engine logo
    the select or not "Search suggestions"
    or from within customize search engines.

    Click on the search bar icon,
    Right-click on the search bar icon, and on the search text box,
    do you see something more like what you are looking for.

    --
    HTH,

  4. Re: Search bar problem.......

    David McRitchie wrote:
    > I don't see that as a problem, scroll bars do not show up until needed,
    > and there are only 12 items returned, so I doubt you'd see scroll bars
    > anyway.
    > What you see has to begin with the first letter you type.
    > You have a choice in Fx3 between previous entries you made
    >
    > and previous entries (suggestions) made by others after you've entered
    > 3 characters
    > it goes to Google to find out what is most likely to follow.
    >
    > That choice is controlled by right click on the sort engine logo
    > the select or not "Search suggestions"
    > or from within customize search engines.
    >
    > Click on the search bar icon,
    > Right-click on the search bar icon, and on the search text box,
    > do you see something more like what you are looking for.

    Hi David,

    Thanks for the reply. I have found out why it is that its not working
    the way I am used to. Its Tab Mixed Plus. Each time I type in the search
    bar, it opens the new search in a separate tab, which means its not
    keeping the search in the tab I'm searching from, if that makes sense,
    so the search results arent going up, they have just stayed the same.

    Thank you for your help.

    John.

  5. Re: Search bar problem.......

    "John" wrote...
    > Thanks for the reply. I have found out why it is that its not working
    > the way I am used to. Its Tab Mixed Plus. Each time I type in the search
    > bar, it opens the new search in a separate tab, which means its not
    > keeping the search in the tab I'm searching from, if that makes sense,
    > so the search results arent going up, they have just stayed the same.

    That is controlled by "search results" in your Google preferences
    http://www.google.com/preferences
    also in "Customize Google" if you have that extension.

    and I also have browser.search.openintab set to True
    which I'm not sure if it is for the results page, or for the links
    opened from the results page.

    I try to keep each in separate tabs, myself.

+ Reply to Thread