anyone get Mozilla Archive Format to work? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on anyone get Mozilla Archive Format to work? - Mozilla ; I downloaded and installed the "experimental" Mozilla Archive Format but it does not seem to work (correctly) - It generates the temp files but does not generate the MHT file (thet I can find in the selected direstory) FF3 Windows ...

  1. anyone get Mozilla Archive Format to work?

    I downloaded and installed the "experimental" Mozilla Archive Format but
    it does not seem to work (correctly) - It generates the temp files but
    does not generate the MHT file (thet I can find in the selected direstory)
    FF3
    Windows XP
    --
    (^\pop/^)
    I'm lost... I've gone to look for myself.

  2. Re: anyone get Mozilla Archive Format to work?

    pop wrote:
    > I downloaded and installed the "experimental" Mozilla Archive Format but
    > it does not seem to work (correctly) - It generates the temp files but
    > does not generate the MHT file (thet I can find in the selected direstory)
    > FF3
    > Windows XP

    Hi,

    If you provide a link to what you downloaded I'm sure that someone will
    try and install/help you.

    Regards
    Ian

  3. Re: anyone get Mozilla Archive Format to work?

    Ian said the following on 6/22/2008 3:03 PM:
    > pop wrote:
    >> I downloaded and installed the "experimental" Mozilla Archive Format
    >> but it does not seem to work (correctly) - It generates the temp files
    >> but does not generate the MHT file (thet I can find in the selected
    >> direstory)
    >> FF3
    >> Windows XP

    > Hi,
    >
    > If you provide a link to what you downloaded I'm sure that someone will
    > try and install/help you.
    >
    > Regards
    > Ian

    I got it at the following URL - you need to create a (free) login to get it:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...mz-windows.xpi

    I did notice that the following info is given:
    "The add-on you're looking for is currently in the sandbox. If you
    already have an account on Mozilla Add-ons, please log in, or learn more
    about the sandbox."
    I may need to address any concerns through that outlet unless there is
    someone here who has already researched this.
    Thanks...
    --
    (^\pop/^)
    I'm lost... I've gone to look for myself.
    If I should return before I get back, keep me here.
    --

  4. Re: anyone get Mozilla Archive Format to work?

    On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 18:14:36 -0500
    pop wrote:

    > I got it at the following URL - you need to create a (free) login to
    > get it:
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...mz-windows.xpi
    >
    > I did notice that the following info is given:
    > "The add-on you're looking for is currently in the sandbox. If you
    > already have an account on Mozilla Add-ons, please log in, or learn
    > more about the sandbox."
    > I may need to address any concerns through that outlet unless there
    > is someone here who has already researched this.

    MAF 0.6.3 was only for Fx 1.5, and MAF was abandoned after that.
    addons.mozilla.org let you install it anyway?

  5. Re: anyone get Mozilla Archive Format to work?

    Q said the following on 6/23/2008 5:41 PM:
    > On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 18:14:36 -0500
    > pop wrote:
    >
    >> I got it at the following URL - you need to create a (free) login to
    >> get it:
    >> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...mz-windows.xpi
    >>
    >> I did notice that the following info is given:
    >> "The add-on you're looking for is currently in the sandbox. If you
    >> already have an account on Mozilla Add-ons, please log in, or learn
    >> more about the sandbox."
    >> I may need to address any concerns through that outlet unless there
    >> is someone here who has already researched this.

    > MAF 0.6.3 was only for Fx 1.5, and MAF was abandoned after that.
    > addons.mozilla.org let you install it anyway?

    I had it working for FF2.0.0.14 (works just fine). Yes, I was able to
    install it... The copy I got had the "em:maxVersion" set to 3.*

    Do not know if that was done when I opted to "Ignore version check"

    Guess I was just playing around in the sandbox just to see if it would
    work on FF3 (yes I am prepared for crashes without complaining)... guess
    it wont! I posted here just to see if anyone else was using it. I can
    work around the problem by opening the page in IE (or IE tab) and
    save/display MHT using one of those.

    Thanks for your reply...