Displaying formhistory.sqlite - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Displaying formhistory.sqlite - Mozilla ; How do I get formhistory.sqlite to display in FF3 in sorted order by "value" as it did in FF2. In FF3 it is displayed by "id" which appears to be an incremental sequential number which basically dispays the data by ...

  1. Displaying formhistory.sqlite

    How do I get formhistory.sqlite to display in FF3 in sorted order by "value" as it did in FF2.

    In FF3 it is displayed by "id" which appears to be an incremental sequential number which
    basically dispays the data by creation date.

    Thank You

    Jim

  2. Re: Displaying formhistory.sqlite

    On 06/22/2008 07:58 AM, Jim wrote:
    > How do I get formhistory.sqlite to display in FF3 in sorted order by
    > "value" as it did in FF2.
    >
    > In FF3 it is displayed by "id" which appears to be an incremental
    > sequential number which basically dispays the data by creation date.
    >
    > Thank You
    >
    > Jim

    This is mostly grasping at straws for me, but you could try this method.

    I have a program called 'sqlite3' installed onto my Linux system (for
    free :-) ) that can interact with sql-lite databases. This script seems
    to be able to sort the data:

    --------sort-fh.sql--------------
    CREATE TABLE sort_table (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, fieldname LONGVARCHAR,
    value LONGVARCHAR);

    insert into sort_table (fieldname, value)
    select fieldname, value from moz_formhistory order by value;

    delete from moz_formhistory;

    insert into moz_formhistory select * from sort_table;

    drop table sort_table;
    ----------end--------------------

    I can invoke it like so:
    sqlite3 formhistory.sqlite < sort-fh.sql

    It seems to sort the data; however, I haven't yet tried this in my
    Firefox yet. Backup your formhistory.sqlite file before running my
    script on it.

  3. Re: Displaying formhistory.sqlite

    Jim wrote:
    > How do I get formhistory.sqlite to display in FF3 in sorted order by
    > "value" as it did in FF2.
    >
    > In FF3 it is displayed by "id" which appears to be an incremental
    > sequential number which basically dispays the data by creation date.
    >
    > Thank You
    >
    > Jim

    I have not been able to get any kind of an answer on this problem so I am going back to version
    2.0.0.14 before my formhistory gets too far out of date.

+ Reply to Thread