about:config - Mozilla

This is a discussion on about:config - Mozilla ; I got an entry where the preference is blank anyone can shed a light? is there an add on that can list the contents of about :config -- Windows XP Pro SP3 Thunderbird version 2.0.0.14 (with 28 extensions)...

  1. about:config

    --
    Windows XP Pro SP3
    Thunderbird version 2.0.0.14 (with 28 extensions)

  2. Re: about:config

    Sul@Mozilla wrote thus:
    > I got an entry where the preference is blank
    > anyone can shed a light?
    >
    > is there an add on that can list the contents of about:config

    Mr Tech Toolkit

    Steve

    I think age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
    - Tom Stoppard

  3. Re: about:config

    On 22.06.2008 17:17, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Steve to
    generate the following:? :
    > Sul@Mozilla wrote thus:
    >
    >> I got an entry where the preference is blank
    >> anyone can shed a light?
    >>
    >> is there an add on that can list the contents of about:config
    >>

    > Mr Tech Toolkit
    >
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/421

    look here for config-settings etc: (but beware of dragons)
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries

    reg

  4. Re: about:config

    On 6/22/2008 9:57 AM, Sul@Mozilla wrote:
    > I got an entry where the preference is blank
    > anyone can shed a light?
    >
    > is there an add on that can list the contents of about:config

    It's built into Thunderbird.
    Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Config Editor

  5. Re: about:config

    squaredancer posted the following on 22-Jun-08 22:49:
    > On 22.06.2008 17:17, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Steve to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> Sul@Mozilla wrote thus:
    >>
    >>> I got an entry where the preference is blank
    >>> anyone can shed a light?
    >>>
    >>> is there an add on that can list the contents of about:config
    >>>

    >> Mr Tech Toolkit
    >>
    >> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/421
    >>

    > look here for config-settings etc: (but beware of dragons)
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries
    >
    > reg

    great link

    --

    Windows XP Pro SP3

    Posting from Mozilla server

  6. Re: about:config

    On 22.06.2008 20:52, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Sul@Mozilla to
    generate the following:? :
    > squaredancer posted the following on 22-Jun-08 22:49:
    >
    >> On 22.06.2008 17:17, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Steve to
    >> generate the following:? :

    >>> Mr Tech Toolkit
    >>>
    >>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/421
    >>>

    >> look here for config-settings etc: (but beware of dragons)
    >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries
    >>
    >> reg
    >>

    > great link

    yep - I stole it from someone here, yesterday 8-)

    reg

  7. Re: about:config

    squaredancer posted the following on 23-Jun-08 03:25:
    > On 22.06.2008 20:52, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Sul@Mozilla to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> squaredancer posted the following on 22-Jun-08 22:49:
    >>
    >>> On 22.06.2008 17:17, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Steve to
    >>> generate the following:? :

    >>> look here for config-settings etc: (but beware of dragons)
    >>> http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries
    >>>
    >>> reg
    >>>

    >> great link
    >>

    > yep - I stole it from someone here, yesterday 8-)
    >
    > reg

    and who should get the credit, may I ask? :-)

    --
    Windows XP Pro SP3
    Thunderbird version 2.0.0.14 (with 28 extensions)

  8. Re: about:config

    On 24.06.2008 11:33, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Sul@Mozilla to
    generate the following:? :
    > squaredancer posted the following on 23-Jun-08 03:25:
    >
    >> On 22.06.2008 20:52, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Sul@Mozilla to
    >> generate the following:? :
    >>
    >>> squaredancer posted the following on 22-Jun-08 22:49:

    >>> great link
    >>>

    >> yep - I stole it from someone here, yesterday 8-)
    >>
    >> reg
    >>

    > and who should get the credit, may I ask? :-)

    hmmm - as it is now "Today" and the other "today" is longer ago that
    yesterday... can't remember, but the URL is cropping up quite often now!

    I have just written a QuickNote to cover this (PhraseExpress actually)

    to personalise your FF/TB/SeaMonkey, you may like to (or be told to...)
    edit the "about:config" entries.
    To find out more about those entries, and what the changes will (or are
    supposed to...) do, look at these Websites first.

    OPEN IT - READ IT - TRY IT

    if you DON'T UNDERSTAND IT... LEAVE IT ALONE

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_...config_Entries
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Preferences
    (this is the start URL - click "next 200" at top of list for more
    categories)

    You can print out the first and second URLs, but the third is a "layout
    catastrophe", so don't try to print those pages!

    hope it's useful to someone!

    reg

  9. Re: about:config

    squaredancer posted the following on 24-Jun-08 20:23:
    > On 24.06.2008 11:33, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Sul@Mozilla to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> squaredancer posted the following on 23-Jun-08 03:25:
    >>
    >>> On 22.06.2008 20:52, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Sul@Mozilla
    >>> to generate the following:? :

    >>> yep - I stole it from someone here, yesterday 8-)
    >>>
    >>> reg
    >>>

    >> and who should get the credit, may I ask? :-)
    >>

    > hmmm - as it is now "Today" and the other "today" is longer ago that
    > yesterday... can't remember, but the URL is cropping up quite often now!
    >
    > I have just written a QuickNote to cover this (PhraseExpress actually)
    >
    > ================================================== ======
    >
    > to personalise your FF/TB/SeaMonkey, you may like to (or be told to...)
    > edit the "about:config" entries.
    > To find out more about those entries, and what the changes will (or are
    > supposed to...) do, look at these Websites first.
    >
    > OPEN IT - READ IT - TRY IT
    >
    > if you DON'T UNDERSTAND IT... LEAVE IT ALONE
    >
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_...config_Entries
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Preferences
    > (this is the start URL - click "next 200" at top of list for more
    > categories)
    >
    > You can print out the first and second URLs, but the third is a "layout
    > catastrophe", so don't try to print those pages!
    >
    > ================================================== =======
    >
    > hope it's useful to someone!
    >
    > reg

    I will be using Quicktext; although I have PhraseExpress, I am still learning to
    use it
    (that is, as soon as I finished downloading all the updates to the software that
    I am running in my system :-)

    --

    Windows XP Pro SP3

    Posting from Mozilla server