Thunderbird - enumerate e-mails? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Thunderbird - enumerate e-mails? - Mozilla ; Hi everyone! Is there any way to cycle through ALL the e-mails in TB? I know that nsIMsgDatabase has a method to enumerate - but how to open this backend DB? Thank you in advance....

  1. Thunderbird - enumerate e-mails?

    Hi everyone!

    Is there any way to cycle through ALL the e-mails in TB? I know that
    nsIMsgDatabase has a method to enumerate - but how to open this
    backend DB?

    Thank you in advance.

  2. Re: Thunderbird - enumerate e-mails?

    AllSeeingI wrote:
    > Hi everyone!
    >
    > Is there any way to cycle through ALL the e-mails in TB? I know that
    > nsIMsgDatabase has a method to enumerate - but how to open this
    > backend DB?
    >
    > Thank you in advance.

    nsIMsgDatabase exists per-folder, so for now you'd need to enumerate the
    accounts, for each account enumerate the folders, for each folder
    enumerate the messages.

    Some work has begun on a global database that will allow better and more
    efficient work in the future; see mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird for the
    discussion.

    Dan

+ Reply to Thread