Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com? - Mozilla ; Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see these two screen shots to see what I am talking about : http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ... I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with SeaMonkey v1.1.9 ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 98

  1. Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see
    these two screen shots to see what I am talking about:
    http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and
    http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ...

    I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with SeaMonkey
    v1.1.9 (Windows XP Pro. SP2), IceApe v1.1.9 (Debian), and Firefox v2.0.0.14.

    Thank you in advance.
    --
    "A centipede is an ant made to Canadian/government specs." --unknown
    /\___/\
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  2. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 06/22/2008 01:33 AM, Ant wrote:
    > Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see
    > these two screen shots to see what I am talking about:
    > http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and
    > http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ...
    >
    > I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with SeaMonkey
    > v1.1.9 (Windows XP Pro. SP2), IceApe v1.1.9 (Debian), and Firefox
    > v2.0.0.14.
    >
    > Thank you in advance.

    (Followups to mozilla.support.firefox)

    I had no problems with that page in FX 2.0.0.14 (Linux). I even had
    javascript disabled.

    http://home.earthlink.net/~mumia.w.1.../ve3d-fx20.png

  3. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 06/22/2008 01:33 AM, Ant wrote:
    > Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see
    > these two screen shots to see what I am talking about:
    > http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and
    > http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ...
    >
    > I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with SeaMonkey
    > v1.1.9 (Windows XP Pro. SP2), IceApe v1.1.9 (Debian), and Firefox
    > v2.0.0.14.
    >
    > Thank you in advance.

    (Followups to mozilla.support.firefox)

    I had no problems with that page in FX 2.0.0.14 (Linux). I even had
    javascript disabled.

    http://home.earthlink.net/~mumia.w.1.../ve3d-fx20.png

  4. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On or about 6/22/2008 3:36 AM, Mumia Wotse typed the following:
    > On 06/22/2008 01:33 AM, Ant wrote:
    >> Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see
    >> these two screen shots to see what I am talking about:
    >> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and
    >> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ...
    >>
    >> I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with SeaMonkey
    >> v1.1.9 (Windows XP Pro. SP2), IceApe v1.1.9 (Debian), and Firefox
    >> v2.0.0.14.
    >>
    >> Thank you in advance.

    > (Followups to mozilla.support.firefox)
    >
    > I had no problems with that page in FX 2.0.0.14 (Linux). I even had
    > javascript disabled.
    >
    > http://home.earthlink.net/~mumia.w.1.../ve3d-fx20.png

    Also fine here using SM1.1.9, WIN XP (SP 3 + this weeks updates).
    Only thing missing are some ads that are blocked by my 'HOSTS' file.

    --
    Ed

    I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges?

  5. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    Ant wrote:
    > Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see
    > these two screen shots to see what I am talking about:
    > http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and
    > http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ...
    >
    > I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with SeaMonkey
    > v1.1.9 (Windows XP Pro. SP2), IceApe v1.1.9 (Debian), and Firefox
    > v2.0.0.14.
    >
    > Thank you in advance.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/22198779@N03/2599601555/
    OK on SM-2.0a1pre / Linux-2.6.24.5-2. Barry.

  6. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On or about 6/22/2008 9:54 AM, Ed Jones typed the following:
    > On or about 6/22/2008 7:36 AM, Barry Edwin Gilmour typed the following:
    >> Ant wrote:
    >>> Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see
    >>> these two screen shots to see what I am talking about:
    >>> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and
    >>> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ...
    >>>
    >>> I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with SeaMonkey
    >>> v1.1.9 (Windows XP Pro. SP2), IceApe v1.1.9 (Debian), and Firefox
    >>> v2.0.0.14.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you in advance.

    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/22198779@N03/2599601555/
    >> OK on SM-2.0a1pre / Linux-2.6.24.5-2. Barry.

    > Also OK here on SM 1.1.0, Windows XP-Pro (SP-3 with all new updates).
    > Only things missing were ads that are blocked by my 'HOSTS' file.

    Oops - meant SM 1.1.9, Sorry

  7. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    Ant wrote:
    > Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see
    > these two screen shots to see what I am talking about:
    > http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and
    > http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ...
    >
    > I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with SeaMonkey
    > v1.1.9 (Windows XP Pro. SP2), IceApe v1.1.9 (Debian), and Firefox v2.0.0.14.
    >
    > Thank you in advance.

    I get the same thing ad Gilmore does. Therefore, what ad
    blocking programs/extensions are you using?

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  8. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    Ant wrote:
    > Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see
    > these two screen shots to see what I am talking about:
    > http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and
    > http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ...
    >
    > I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with SeaMonkey
    > v1.1.9 (Windows XP Pro. SP2), IceApe v1.1.9 (Debian), and Firefox v2.0.0.14.
    >
    > Thank you in advance.

    I get the same thing ad Gilmore does. Therefore, what ad
    blocking programs/extensions are you using?

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  9. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    Sat, 21 Jun 2008 23:33:52 -0700, /Ant/:

    > Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see
    > these two screen shots to see what I am talking about:
    > http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and
    > http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ...
    >
    > I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with SeaMonkey
    > v1.1.9 (Windows XP Pro. SP2), IceApe v1.1.9 (Debian), and Firefox
    > v2.0.0.14.

    The page is referencing two style sheet documents:

    http://ve3dclient.ign.com/network/cs...ult/global.css
    http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.c...fault/main.css

    Check that you have no extensions or other programs (such as
    firewall) which prevent the page from loading those style sheets.

    :

    > /***** Global Settings *****/
    >
    > html, body {

    [...]

    :

    > /***** VOODOO EXTEREME *****/
    >
    > /***** Links *****/
    >
    > a {

    [...]

    If you use extension like "Content Preferences" [1] it might have
    remembered once you have selected "View -> Use Style -> None" -
    verify that "View -> Use Style -> Default Style" is selected.

    [1] ,

    --
    Stanimir

  10. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    Sat, 21 Jun 2008 23:33:52 -0700, /Ant/:

    > Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see
    > these two screen shots to see what I am talking about:
    > http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and
    > http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ...
    >
    > I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with SeaMonkey
    > v1.1.9 (Windows XP Pro. SP2), IceApe v1.1.9 (Debian), and Firefox
    > v2.0.0.14.

    The page is referencing two style sheet documents:

    http://ve3dclient.ign.com/network/cs...ult/global.css
    http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.c...fault/main.css

    Check that you have no extensions or other programs (such as
    firewall) which prevent the page from loading those style sheets.

    :

    > /***** Global Settings *****/
    >
    > html, body {

    [...]

    :

    > /***** VOODOO EXTEREME *****/
    >
    > /***** Links *****/
    >
    > a {

    [...]

    If you use extension like "Content Preferences" [1] it might have
    remembered once you have selected "View -> Use Style -> None" -
    verify that "View -> Use Style -> Default Style" is selected.

    [1] ,

    --
    Stanimir

  11. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 6/22/2008 10:51 AM, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
    > Sat, 21 Jun 2008 23:33:52 -0700, /Ant/:
    >
    >> Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see
    >> these two screen shots to see what I am talking about:
    >> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and
    >> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ...
    >>
    >> I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with SeaMonkey
    >> v1.1.9 (Windows XP Pro. SP2), IceApe v1.1.9 (Debian), and Firefox
    >> v2.0.0.14.

    > The page is referencing two style sheet documents:
    >
    > http://ve3dclient.ign.com/network/cs...ult/global.css
    > http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.c...fault/main.css
    >
    > Check that you have no extensions or other programs (such as
    > firewall) which prevent the page from loading those style sheets.
    >
    > :
    >
    >> /***** Global Settings *****/
    >>
    >> html, body {

    > [...]
    >
    > :
    >
    >> /***** VOODOO EXTEREME *****/
    >>
    >> /***** Links *****/
    >>
    >> a {

    > [...]
    >
    > If you use extension like "Content Preferences" [1] it might have
    > remembered once you have selected "View -> Use Style -> None" -
    > verify that "View -> Use Style -> Default Style" is selected.
    >
    > [1] ,

    Stanimir seems on the right track.

    I load the page okay with SeaMonkey 1.1.9. However, if I then disable
    CSS, I get something very much like your seamonkey119jv9.gif.

    Either you have done something to prevent loading of CSS files (possibly
    a firewall problem) or else you have set [View > Use Style > None].

    --
    David E. Ross

    Go to Mozdev at for quick access to
    Mozilla-related applications. You can access Mozdev much

  12. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 6/22/2008 10:51 AM, Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
    > Sat, 21 Jun 2008 23:33:52 -0700, /Ant/:
    >
    >> Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see
    >> these two screen shots to see what I am talking about:
    >> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and
    >> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ...
    >>
    >> I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with SeaMonkey
    >> v1.1.9 (Windows XP Pro. SP2), IceApe v1.1.9 (Debian), and Firefox
    >> v2.0.0.14.

    > The page is referencing two style sheet documents:
    >
    > http://ve3dclient.ign.com/network/cs...ult/global.css
    > http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.c...fault/main.css
    >
    > Check that you have no extensions or other programs (such as
    > firewall) which prevent the page from loading those style sheets.
    >
    > :
    >
    >> /***** Global Settings *****/
    >>
    >> html, body {

    > [...]
    >
    > :
    >
    >> /***** VOODOO EXTEREME *****/
    >>
    >> /***** Links *****/
    >>
    >> a {

    > [...]
    >
    > If you use extension like "Content Preferences" [1] it might have
    > remembered once you have selected "View -> Use Style -> None" -
    > verify that "View -> Use Style -> Default Style" is selected.
    >
    > [1] ,

    Stanimir seems on the right track.

    I load the page okay with SeaMonkey 1.1.9. However, if I then disable
    CSS, I get something very much like your seamonkey119jv9.gif.

    Either you have done something to prevent loading of CSS files (possibly
    a firewall problem) or else you have set [View > Use Style > None].

    --
    David E. Ross

    Go to Mozdev at for quick access to
    Mozilla-related applications. You can access Mozdev much

  13. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 6/22/2008 10:06 AM PT, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo typed:

    >> Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see
    >> these two screen shots to see what I am talking about:
    >> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and
    >> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ...
    >>
    >> I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with SeaMonkey
    >> v1.1.9 (Windows XP Pro. SP2), IceApe v1.1.9 (Debian), and Firefox
    >> v2.0.0.14.
    >>
    >> Thank you in advance.

    > I get the same thing ad Gilmore does. Therefore, what ad blocking
    > programs/extensions are you using?

    In SeaMonkey, I use the old AdBlock and fgupdater. I even tried
    disabling adblock. In Firefox, I don't have any.
    --
    "He was a musical ant. He was there for the song." --Rick (Rick Moranis
    episode from The Muppets)
    / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  14. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 6/22/2008 10:06 AM PT, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo typed:

    >> Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see
    >> these two screen shots to see what I am talking about:
    >> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and
    >> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ...
    >>
    >> I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with SeaMonkey
    >> v1.1.9 (Windows XP Pro. SP2), IceApe v1.1.9 (Debian), and Firefox
    >> v2.0.0.14.
    >>
    >> Thank you in advance.

    > I get the same thing ad Gilmore does. Therefore, what ad blocking
    > programs/extensions are you using?

    In SeaMonkey, I use the old AdBlock and fgupdater. I even tried
    disabling adblock. In Firefox, I don't have any.
    --
    "He was a musical ant. He was there for the song." --Rick (Rick Moranis
    episode from The Muppets)
    /\___/\
    / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  15. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 6/22/2008 10:51 AM PT, Stanimir Stamenkov typed:

    >> Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see
    >> these two screen shots to see what I am talking about:
    >> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and
    >> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ...
    >>
    >> I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with SeaMonkey
    >> v1.1.9 (Windows XP Pro. SP2), IceApe v1.1.9 (Debian), and Firefox
    >> v2.0.0.14.

    > The page is referencing two style sheet documents:
    >
    > http://ve3dclient.ign.com/network/cs...ult/global.css
    > http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.c...fault/main.css
    >
    > Check that you have no extensions or other programs (such as firewall)
    > which prevent the page from loading those style sheets.
    >
    > :
    >
    >> /***** Global Settings *****/
    >>
    >> html, body {

    > [...]
    >
    > :
    >
    >> /***** VOODOO EXTEREME *****/
    >>
    >> /***** Links *****/
    >>
    >> a {

    > [...]
    >
    > If you use extension like "Content Preferences" [1] it might have
    > remembered once you have selected "View -> Use Style -> None" - verify
    > that "View -> Use Style -> Default Style" is selected.
    >
    > [1] ,

    I disabled firewall, Spybot's hosts, ad blocker, etc. All seems to show
    the same results. I don't get it.
    --
    Allah's Apostle said, "Once while a prophet amongst the prophets was
    taking a rest underneath a tree, an ant bit him. He, therefore, ordered
    / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  16. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 6/22/2008 10:51 AM PT, Stanimir Stamenkov typed:

    >> Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see
    >> these two screen shots to see what I am talking about:
    >> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and
    >> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ...
    >>
    >> I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with SeaMonkey
    >> v1.1.9 (Windows XP Pro. SP2), IceApe v1.1.9 (Debian), and Firefox
    >> v2.0.0.14.

    > The page is referencing two style sheet documents:
    >
    > http://ve3dclient.ign.com/network/cs...ult/global.css
    > http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.c...fault/main.css
    >
    > Check that you have no extensions or other programs (such as firewall)
    > which prevent the page from loading those style sheets.
    >
    > :
    >
    >> /***** Global Settings *****/
    >>
    >> html, body {

    > [...]
    >
    > :
    >
    >> /***** VOODOO EXTEREME *****/
    >>
    >> /***** Links *****/
    >>
    >> a {

    > [...]
    >
    > If you use extension like "Content Preferences" [1] it might have
    > remembered once you have selected "View -> Use Style -> None" - verify
    > that "View -> Use Style -> Default Style" is selected.
    >
    > [1] ,

    I disabled firewall, Spybot's hosts, ad blocker, etc. All seems to show
    the same results. I don't get it.
    --
    Allah's Apostle said, "Once while a prophet amongst the prophets was
    taking a rest underneath a tree, an ant bit him. He, therefore, ordered
    that his luggage be taken away from underneath that tree and then
    ordered that the dwelling place of the ants should be set on fire. Allah
    sent him a revelation: 'Wouldn't it have been sufficient to burn a
    single ant (that bit you)?'" --Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Book 54,
    Number 536
    /\___/\
    / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  17. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 6/22/2008 12:15 PM PT, David E. Ross typed:

    >>> Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see
    >>> these two screen shots to see what I am talking about:
    >>> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and
    >>> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ...
    >>>
    >>> I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with SeaMonkey
    >>> v1.1.9 (Windows XP Pro. SP2), IceApe v1.1.9 (Debian), and Firefox
    >>> v2.0.0.14.

    >> The page is referencing two style sheet documents:
    >>
    >> http://ve3dclient.ign.com/network/cs...ult/global.css
    >> http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.c...fault/main.css
    >>
    >> Check that you have no extensions or other programs (such as
    >> firewall) which prevent the page from loading those style sheets.
    >>
    >> :
    >>
    >>> /***** Global Settings *****/
    >>>
    >>> html, body {

    >> [...]
    >>
    >> :
    >>
    >>> /***** VOODOO EXTEREME *****/
    >>>
    >>> /***** Links *****/
    >>>
    >>> a {

    >> [...]
    >>
    >> If you use extension like "Content Preferences" [1] it might have
    >> remembered once you have selected "View -> Use Style -> None" -
    >> verify that "View -> Use Style -> Default Style" is selected.
    >>
    >> [1] ,
    >>

    > Stanimir seems on the right track.
    >
    > I load the page okay with SeaMonkey 1.1.9. However, if I then disable
    > CSS, I get something very much like your seamonkey119jv9.gif.
    >
    > Either you have done something to prevent loading of CSS files (possibly
    > a firewall problem) or else you have set [View > Use Style > None].

    I have View > Use Style -> Normal. I tried None and the only thing
    difference was background color. Firewall is Kerio Personal Firewall
    v2.1.5. It didn't help when disabled. I am quite puzzled.
    --
    "Fall in those single lines like army ants..." --unknown
    /\___/\
    / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  18. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 6/22/2008 12:15 PM PT, David E. Ross typed:

    >>> Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see
    >>> these two screen shots to see what I am talking about:
    >>> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and
    >>> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ...
    >>>
    >>> I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with SeaMonkey
    >>> v1.1.9 (Windows XP Pro. SP2), IceApe v1.1.9 (Debian), and Firefox
    >>> v2.0.0.14.

    >> The page is referencing two style sheet documents:
    >>
    >> http://ve3dclient.ign.com/network/cs...ult/global.css
    >> http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.c...fault/main.css
    >>
    >> Check that you have no extensions or other programs (such as
    >> firewall) which prevent the page from loading those style sheets.
    >>
    >> :
    >>
    >>> /***** Global Settings *****/
    >>>
    >>> html, body {

    >> [...]
    >>
    >> :
    >>
    >>> /***** VOODOO EXTEREME *****/
    >>>
    >>> /***** Links *****/
    >>>
    >>> a {

    >> [...]
    >>
    >> If you use extension like "Content Preferences" [1] it might have
    >> remembered once you have selected "View -> Use Style -> None" -
    >> verify that "View -> Use Style -> Default Style" is selected.
    >>
    >> [1] ,
    >>

    > Stanimir seems on the right track.
    >
    > I load the page okay with SeaMonkey 1.1.9. However, if I then disable
    > CSS, I get something very much like your seamonkey119jv9.gif.
    >
    > Either you have done something to prevent loading of CSS files (possibly
    > a firewall problem) or else you have set [View > Use Style > None].

    I have View > Use Style -> Normal. I tried None and the only thing
    difference was background color. Firewall is Kerio Personal Firewall
    v2.1.5. It didn't help when disabled. I am quite puzzled.
    --
    "Fall in those single lines like army ants..." --unknown
    /\___/\
    / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  19. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 6/22/2008 1:19 PM PT, Ant typed:

    >>> Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see
    >>> these two screen shots to see what I am talking about:
    >>> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and
    >>> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ...
    >>>
    >>> I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with
    >>> SeaMonkey v1.1.9 (Windows XP Pro. SP2), IceApe v1.1.9 (Debian), and
    >>> Firefox v2.0.0.14.

    >> The page is referencing two style sheet documents:
    >>
    >> http://ve3dclient.ign.com/network/cs...ult/global.css
    >> http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.c...fault/main.css
    >>
    >> Check that you have no extensions or other programs (such as firewall)
    >> which prevent the page from loading those style sheets.
    >>
    >> :
    >>
    >>> /***** Global Settings *****/
    >>>
    >>> html, body {

    >> [...]
    >>
    >> :
    >>
    >>> /***** VOODOO EXTEREME *****/
    >>>
    >>> /***** Links *****/
    >>>
    >>> a {

    >> [...]
    >>
    >> If you use extension like "Content Preferences" [1] it might have
    >> remembered once you have selected "View -> Use Style -> None" - verify
    >> that "View -> Use Style -> Default Style" is selected.
    >>
    >> [1] ,
    >>

    > I disabled firewall, Spybot's hosts, ad blocker, etc. All seems to show
    > the same results. I don't get it.

    I also tried changing OpenDNS (use some filters) to Earthlink's
    unfiltered DNS. No help.
    --
    "Even the sharpest ear cannot hear an ant singing." --Sudanese
    /\___/\
    / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  20. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?