Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com? - Mozilla ; Phillip Pi wrote: > On 6/23/2008 1:06 PM PT, Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote: > >>>>>>>>>> It may be worth asking: Have you tried it with a clean >>>>>>>>>> installation and/or new profile, do you still experience it? >>>>>>>>> I ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 81 to 98 of 98

  1. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    Phillip Pi wrote:
> [...]
    .mnenhy.bak

    >>> I still have it installed for SM. But here's the thing... Firefox
    >>> v2.0.0.14 never had it before.

    >>> I doubt reinstall will work -- see below (clean installs on other
    >>> machines).
    >>>
    >>> Bad news. At work with SeaMonkey, I have the same problem! Just for
    >>> kicks, I tried a brand new Firefox v2.0.0.14 installation in a clean
    >>> updated Windows XP Pro. SP2 VMware v4.5.6 image, and got the same
    >>> results! I didn't install any extensions and stuff. For another
    >>> kicker, I installed Firefox v3.0 that came out last week to upgrade
    >>> Firefox v2, and again got the same results!
    >>>
    >>> To double check, I tried another network and computer (Dell Dimension
    >>> 8250 machine with an updated Windows XP Home SP2 [Dell OEM]) for a
    >>> new Firefox v3 installation, and same thing.
    >>>
    >>> Wow, this is driving me crazy! I think VE3D hates me. All other
    >>> Web sites even IGN's PC sections are fine for me.

    >> Is this what you are looking for:
    >>
    >> https://login.ign.com/login.aspx

    > Nope. I don't need to log in.

    Well when I clicked the link given That where It got me.

    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11

  2. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    Phillip Pi wrote:

    .mnenhy.bak

    >>> I still have it installed for SM. But here's the thing... Firefox
    >>> v2.0.0.14 never had it before.

    >>> I doubt reinstall will work -- see below (clean installs on other
    >>> machines).
    >>>
    >>> Bad news. At work with SeaMonkey, I have the same problem! Just for
    >>> kicks, I tried a brand new Firefox v2.0.0.14 installation in a clean
    >>> updated Windows XP Pro. SP2 VMware v4.5.6 image, and got the same
    >>> results! I didn't install any extensions and stuff. For another
    >>> kicker, I installed Firefox v3.0 that came out last week to upgrade
    >>> Firefox v2, and again got the same results!
    >>>
    >>> To double check, I tried another network and computer (Dell Dimension
    >>> 8250 machine with an updated Windows XP Home SP2 [Dell OEM]) for a
    >>> new Firefox v3 installation, and same thing.
    >>>
    >>> Wow, this is driving me crazy! I think VE3D hates me. All other
    >>> Web sites even IGN's PC sections are fine for me.

    >> Is this what you are looking for:
    >>
    >> https://login.ign.com/login.aspx

    > Nope. I don't need to log in.

    Well when I clicked the link given That where It got me.

    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11

  3. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 06/23/2008 05:58 AM, Alex K. wrote:

    > The most likely cause of this, is that (at least) one of their servers
    > is sending the incorrect MIME type for .css files. We have seen this
    > before, on a news site, IIRC, where *one* server in the farm, was
    > mis-configured and sending the incorrect MIME type.
    >
    > People using IE would not notice it, as IE will use the file extension
    > (.css) to determine the type, whereas FF (and Seamonkey, I assume) rely
    > on the MIME type, rather than the extension.
    >
    > Pretty much your only option, is to contact the site, and explain to
    > them what is happening, as they are the only ones who can correct it.
    >
    > I can't confirm it, myself, as I keep getting the correct MIME type for
    > that file.

    I think you are correct on this. The other day the site came up in full
    bloom with all the proper graphics on SM 1.1.10, immediately opened up
    Fx2.x and it showed up as in the original post from Ant (grey and ugly).
    Today, the site appears as Ant posted in both SM and Fx (grey and ugly).

    Seems that the site is the problem, not the browser.

  4. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 06/23/2008 05:58 AM, Alex K. wrote:

    > The most likely cause of this, is that (at least) one of their servers
    > is sending the incorrect MIME type for .css files. We have seen this
    > before, on a news site, IIRC, where *one* server in the farm, was
    > mis-configured and sending the incorrect MIME type.
    >
    > People using IE would not notice it, as IE will use the file extension
    > (.css) to determine the type, whereas FF (and Seamonkey, I assume) rely
    > on the MIME type, rather than the extension.
    >
    > Pretty much your only option, is to contact the site, and explain to
    > them what is happening, as they are the only ones who can correct it.
    >
    > I can't confirm it, myself, as I keep getting the correct MIME type for
    > that file.

    I think you are correct on this. The other day the site came up in full
    bloom with all the proper graphics on SM 1.1.10, immediately opened up
    Fx2.x and it showed up as in the original post from Ant (grey and ugly).
    Today, the site appears as Ant posted in both SM and Fx (grey and ugly).

    Seems that the site is the problem, not the browser.

  5. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    Are you referring to
    http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.c...fault/main.css ? If so,
    then I just get CSS as a text file.
    --
    Phillip Pi
    Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst

  6. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    .mnenhy.bak

    >>> Is this what you are looking for:
    >>>
    >>> https://login.ign.com/login.aspx

    >> Nope. I don't need to log in.

    > Well when I clicked the link given That where It got me.

    Are you referring to
    http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.c...fault/main.css ? If so,
    then I just get CSS as a text file.
    --
    Phillip Pi
    Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
    ISP/Symantec Online Services, Consumer Business Unit
    Symantec Corporation
    www.symantec.com
    Email: phillip_pi@symantec.comSYMC (remove SYMC to reply by e-mail)
    Please do NOT e-mail me for technical support. DISCLAIMER: The views
    expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the
    views of my employer. Thank you.

  7. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    Good news everyone! It seems like it is a server-side issue:

    "we have some guys working on it, hopefully the problem will be resolved
    soon, thanks for your help

    Robert "Apache" Howarth
    Editor-in-Chief
    Voodoo Extreme
    http://ve3d.ign.com/"

    after sharing some of your newsgroup replies. Thanks to all who helped.
    --
    Phillip Pi (Ant)
    Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
    ISP/Symantec Online Services, Consumer Business Unit
    Symantec Corporation
    www.symantec.com
    Email: phillip_pi@symantec.comSYMC (remove SYMC to reply by e-mail)
    Please do NOT e-mail me for technical support. DISCLAIMER: The views
    expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the
    views of my employer. Thank you.

  8. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    Good news everyone! It seems like it is a server-side issue:

    "we have some guys working on it, hopefully the problem will be resolved
    soon, thanks for your help

    Robert "Apache" Howarth
    Editor-in-Chief
    Voodoo Extreme
    http://ve3d.ign.com/"

    after sharing some of your newsgroup replies. Thanks to all who helped.
    --
    Phillip Pi (Ant)
    Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
    ISP/Symantec Online Services, Consumer Business Unit
    Symantec Corporation
    www.symantec.com
    Email: phillip_pi@symantec.comSYMC (remove SYMC to reply by e-mail)
    Please do NOT e-mail me for technical support. DISCLAIMER: The views
    expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the
    views of my employer. Thank you.

  9. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    Phillip Pi wrote:
    > Good news everyone! It seems like it is a server-side issue:
    >
    > "we have some guys working on it, hopefully the problem will be resolved
    > soon, thanks for your help
    >
    > Robert "Apache" Howarth
    > Editor-in-Chief
    > Voodoo Extreme
    > http://ve3d.ign.com/"
    >
    > after sharing some of your newsgroup replies. Thanks to all who helped.

    interesting! I tested it on SM 1.1.9, FF 2 and 3, Netscape
    8 and 9, Opera and Safari, and I just don't see what you
    saw. I even cleared the cache, and still no.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  10. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    Phillip Pi wrote:
    > Good news everyone! It seems like it is a server-side issue:
    >
    > "we have some guys working on it, hopefully the problem will be resolved
    > soon, thanks for your help
    >
    > Robert "Apache" Howarth
    > Editor-in-Chief
    > Voodoo Extreme
    > http://ve3d.ign.com/"
    >
    > after sharing some of your newsgroup replies. Thanks to all who helped.

    interesting! I tested it on SM 1.1.9, FF 2 and 3, Netscape
    8 and 9, Opera and Safari, and I just don't see what you
    saw. I even cleared the cache, and still no.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  11. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 6/23/2008 4:35 PM PT, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo typed:

    > Phillip Pi wrote:
    >> Good news everyone! It seems like it is a server-side issue:
    >>
    >> "we have some guys working on it, hopefully the problem will be resolved
    >> soon, thanks for your help
    >>
    >> Robert "Apache" Howarth
    >> Editor-in-Chief
    >> Voodoo Extreme
    >> http://ve3d.ign.com/"
    >>
    >> after sharing some of your newsgroup replies. Thanks to all who
    >> helped.

    > interesting! I tested it on SM 1.1.9, FF 2 and 3, Netscape 8 and 9,
    > Opera and Safari, and I just don't see what you saw. I even cleared the
    > cache, and still no.

    It probably hates me. :P
    --
    "Where the sugar is, there will the ant be also." --Philippines
    /\___/\
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  12. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 6/23/2008 4:35 PM PT, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo typed:

    > Phillip Pi wrote:
    >> Good news everyone! It seems like it is a server-side issue:
    >>
    >> "we have some guys working on it, hopefully the problem will be resolved
    >> soon, thanks for your help
    >>
    >> Robert "Apache" Howarth
    >> Editor-in-Chief
    >> Voodoo Extreme
    >> http://ve3d.ign.com/"
    >>
    >> after sharing some of your newsgroup replies. Thanks to all who
    >> helped.

    > interesting! I tested it on SM 1.1.9, FF 2 and 3, Netscape 8 and 9,
    > Opera and Safari, and I just don't see what you saw. I even cleared the
    > cache, and still no.

    It probably hates me. :P
    --
    "Where the sugar is, there will the ant be also." --Philippines
    /\___/\
    / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  13. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 6/23/2008 9:57 PM PT, Ant typed:

    >>> Good news everyone! It seems like it is a server-side issue:
    >>>
    >>> "we have some guys working on it, hopefully the problem will be resolved
    >>> soon, thanks for your help
    >>>
    >>> Robert "Apache" Howarth
    >>> Editor-in-Chief
    >>> Voodoo Extreme
    >>> http://ve3d.ign.com/"
    >>>
    >>> after sharing some of your newsgroup replies. Thanks to all who
    >>> helped.

    >> interesting! I tested it on SM 1.1.9, FF 2 and 3, Netscape 8 and 9,
    >> Opera and Safari, and I just don't see what you saw. I even cleared
    >> the cache, and still no.

    > It probably hates me. :P

    FIXED for me after confirming with the Webmaster! Thanks again to
    everyone who was in the thread. You guys rocked.

    Subject: Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?]]
    Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 22:45:19 -0700

    This issue was resolved at around 6 pm pacific time. If you have any
    reports after that please let me know asap.

    Thanks,
    Tony

    On 6/23/2008 4:04 PM, Tony Ford wrote:

    I'm working with techops on this. Its not an easy problem to track down.
    Hopefully we have it fixed soon, but it might take a day or two
    depending upon where the problem is.

    - Tony
    --
    "We are anthill men upon an anthill world." --Ray Bradbury
    /\___/\
    / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  14. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 22:45:19 -0700

    This issue was resolved at around 6 pm pacific time. If you have any
    reports after that please let me know asap.

    Thanks,
    Tony

    On 6/23/2008 4:04 PM, Tony Ford wrote:

    I'm working with techops on this. Its not an easy problem to track down.
    Hopefully we have it fixed soon, but it might take a day or two
    depending upon where the problem is.

    - Tony
    --
    "We are anthill men upon an anthill world." --Ray Bradbury
    /\___/\
    / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  15. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    Phillip Pi wrote:

    .mnenhy.bak

    >>> Nope. I don't need to log in.

    >> Well when I clicked the link given That where It got me.

    > Are you referring to
    > http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.c...fault/main.css ? If so,
    > then I just get CSS as a text file.

    Typing this last link all I received was th CSS file.

    I was referring to the original link you posted

    http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.com/

    it reverted to the address I gave. I assume its because I am not a member.
    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11

  16. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    Phillip Pi wrote:

    .mnenhy.bak

    >>> Nope. I don't need to log in.

    >> Well when I clicked the link given That where It got me.

    > Are you referring to
    > http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.c...fault/main.css ? If so,
    > then I just get CSS as a text file.

    Typing this last link all I received was th CSS file.

    I was referring to the original link you posted

    http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.com/

    it reverted to the address I gave. I assume its because I am not a member.
    Mac G4-500, OSX.3.9, 1.5GB Mac 17" PowerBook G4-1.67 GHz, 2 GB OSX.4.11

  17. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 6/24/2008 7:06 AM PT, Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T typed:

    I'm not a member either.
    --
    "What is it going to be like in eternity with God? Frankly, the capacity
    of our brains cannot handle the wonder and greatness of heaven. It would
    / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  18. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?