Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com? - Mozilla ; Sun, 22 Jun 2008 13:19:19 -0700, /Ant/: > On 6/22/2008 10:51 AM PT, Stanimir Stamenkov typed: > >> : >> >>> /***** Global Settings *****/ >>> >>> html, body { >> [...] >> >> : >> >>> /***** VOODOO EXTEREME ...

  1. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    Sun, 22 Jun 2008 13:19:19 -0700, /Ant/:
    > On 6/22/2008 10:51 AM PT, Stanimir Stamenkov typed:
    >
    >> :
    >>
    >>> /***** Global Settings *****/
    >>>
    >>> html, body {

    >> [...]
    >>
    >> :
    >>
    >>> /***** VOODOO EXTEREME *****/
    >>>
    >>> /***** Links *****/
    >>>
    >>> a {

    >> [...]

    > I disabled firewall, Spybot's hosts, ad blocker, etc. All seems to show
    > the same results. I don't get it.

    Do you get content as quoted above while following the style sheet
    links?

    --
    Stanimir

  2. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    Sun, 22 Jun 2008 13:19:19 -0700, /Ant/:
    > On 6/22/2008 10:51 AM PT, Stanimir Stamenkov typed:
    >
    >> :
    >>
    >>> /***** Global Settings *****/
    >>>
    >>> html, body {

    >> [...]
    >>
    >> :
    >>
    >>> /***** VOODOO EXTEREME *****/
    >>>
    >>> /***** Links *****/
    >>>
    >>> a {

    >> [...]

    > I disabled firewall, Spybot's hosts, ad blocker, etc. All seems to show
    > the same results. I don't get it.

    Do you get content as quoted above while following the style sheet
    links?

    --
    Stanimir

  3. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    Sun, 22 Jun 2008 14:28:08 -0700, /Ant/:
    > On 6/22/2008 2:05 PM PT, Stanimir Stamenkov typed:
    >
    >>> I disabled firewall, Spybot's hosts, ad blocker, etc. All seems to
    >>> show the same results. I don't get it.

    >> Do you get content as quoted above while following the style sheet links?

    > Yes, they all downloaded for me.

    It may be worth asking: Have you tried it with a clean installation
    and/or new profile, do you still experience it?

    --
    Stanimir

  4. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    Sun, 22 Jun 2008 14:28:08 -0700, /Ant/:
    > On 6/22/2008 2:05 PM PT, Stanimir Stamenkov typed:
    >
    >>> I disabled firewall, Spybot's hosts, ad blocker, etc. All seems to
    >>> show the same results. I don't get it.

    >> Do you get content as quoted above while following the style sheet links?

    > Yes, they all downloaded for me.

    It may be worth asking: Have you tried it with a clean installation
    and/or new profile, do you still experience it?

    --
    Stanimir

  5. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 6/22/2008 3:05 PM PT, Stanimir Stamenkov typed:

    >>> Do you get content as quoted above while following the style sheet
    >>> links?

    >> Yes, they all downloaded for me.

    > It may be worth asking: Have you tried it with a clean installation
    > and/or new profile, do you still experience it?

    I rarely use Firefox v2 (only used for testing) and I always clear
    caches, cookies, etc. in it when I exit it. So it is almost like a clean
    install. Also, I already tried rebooting my Windows computer too.
    --
    "Ah. Those club kids did eat those ants up like popcorn." --CSI: Miami
    (Wannabe episode; #218)
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  6. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 6/22/2008 3:05 PM PT, Stanimir Stamenkov typed:

    >>> Do you get content as quoted above while following the style sheet
    >>> links?

    >> Yes, they all downloaded for me.

    > It may be worth asking: Have you tried it with a clean installation
    > and/or new profile, do you still experience it?

    I rarely use Firefox v2 (only used for testing) and I always clear
    caches, cookies, etc. in it when I exit it. So it is almost like a clean
    install. Also, I already tried rebooting my Windows computer too.
    --
    "Ah. Those club kids did eat those ants up like popcorn." --CSI: Miami
    (Wannabe episode; #218)
    /\___/\
    / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  7. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    Sun, 22 Jun 2008 16:14:50 -0700, /Ant/:
    > On 6/22/2008 3:05 PM PT, Stanimir Stamenkov typed:
    >
    >> It may be worth asking: Have you tried it with a clean installation
    >> and/or new profile, do you still experience it?

    > I rarely use Firefox v2 (only used for testing) and I always clear
    > caches, cookies, etc. in it when I exit it. So it is almost like a clean
    > install. Also, I already tried rebooting my Windows computer too.

    Clearing caches and cookies is not really like trying with a clean
    installation/profile. The point is to try with no extensions
    installed whatsoever (to rule them out) and ensure no custom profile
    settings might be interfering.

    --
    Stanimir

  8. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    Sun, 22 Jun 2008 16:14:50 -0700, /Ant/:
    > On 6/22/2008 3:05 PM PT, Stanimir Stamenkov typed:
    >
    >> It may be worth asking: Have you tried it with a clean installation
    >> and/or new profile, do you still experience it?

    > I rarely use Firefox v2 (only used for testing) and I always clear
    > caches, cookies, etc. in it when I exit it. So it is almost like a clean
    > install. Also, I already tried rebooting my Windows computer too.

    Clearing caches and cookies is not really like trying with a clean
    installation/profile. The point is to try with no extensions
    installed whatsoever (to rule them out) and ensure no custom profile
    settings might be interfering.

    --
    Stanimir

  9. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 06/22/2008 03:14 PM, Ant wrote:
    > On 6/22/2008 10:06 AM PT, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo typed:
    >>
    >> I get the same thing ad Gilmore does. Therefore, what ad blocking
    >> programs/extensions are you using?

    > In SeaMonkey, I use the old AdBlock and fgupdater. I even tried
    > disabling adblock. In Firefox, I don't have any.

    (Followups to mozilla.support.firefox)

    Save the page to disk using the "Web page, complete" option and see if
    the .css files are also saved.

  10. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 06/22/2008 03:14 PM, Ant wrote:
    > On 6/22/2008 10:06 AM PT, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo typed:
    >>
    >> I get the same thing ad Gilmore does. Therefore, what ad blocking
    >> programs/extensions are you using?

    > In SeaMonkey, I use the old AdBlock and fgupdater. I even tried
    > disabling adblock. In Firefox, I don't have any.

    (Followups to mozilla.support.firefox)

    Save the page to disk using the "Web page, complete" option and see if
    the .css files are also saved.

  11. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 6/22/2008 6:09 PM PT, Stanimir Stamenkov typed:

    >>> It may be worth asking: Have you tried it with a clean installation
    >>> and/or new profile, do you still experience it?

    >> I rarely use Firefox v2 (only used for testing) and I always clear
    >> caches, cookies, etc. in it when I exit it. So it is almost like a
    >> clean install. Also, I already tried rebooting my Windows computer too.

    > Clearing caches and cookies is not really like trying with a clean
    > installation/profile. The point is to try with no extensions installed
    > whatsoever (to rule them out) and ensure no custom profile settings
    > might be interfering.

    OK, here it is with a brand new SM profile:
    http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1...profileep2.gif
    (same). I am quite puzzled.
    --
    "The constant creeping of ants will wear away the stone." --unknown
    /\___/\
    / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  12. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 6/22/2008 6:09 PM PT, Stanimir Stamenkov typed:

    >>> It may be worth asking: Have you tried it with a clean installation
    >>> and/or new profile, do you still experience it?

    >> I rarely use Firefox v2 (only used for testing) and I always clear
    >> caches, cookies, etc. in it when I exit it. So it is almost like a
    >> clean install. Also, I already tried rebooting my Windows computer too.

    > Clearing caches and cookies is not really like trying with a clean
    > installation/profile. The point is to try with no extensions installed
    > whatsoever (to rule them out) and ensure no custom profile settings
    > might be interfering.

    OK, here it is with a brand new SM profile:
    http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1...profileep2.gif
    (same). I am quite puzzled.
    --
    "The constant creeping of ants will wear away the stone." --unknown
    /\___/\
    / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  13. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 6/21/2008 11:33 PM PT, Ant typed:

    > Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see
    > these two screen shots to see what I am talking about:
    > http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and
    > http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ...
    >
    > I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with SeaMonkey
    > v1.1.9 (Windows XP Pro. SP2), IceApe v1.1.9 (Debian), and Firefox
    > v2.0.0.14.
    >
    > Thank you in advance.

    In both Firefox and SeaMonkey's error consoles, I saw errors...

    Firefox v2.0.0.14:
    Error: The stylesheet
    http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.c...fault/main.css was not
    loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".
    Source File: http://ve3d.ign.com/
    Line: 0

    SM v1.1.9:
    Error: The stylesheet
    http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.c...fault/main.css was not
    loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".
    Source File: http://ve3d.ign.com/
    Line: 0
    Error: _gat is not defined
    Source File: http://ve3d.ign.com/
    Line: 3056

    Are these bad? Maybe these are causing the problems I am having. Do you
    guys see these too?
    --
    "What I fear most from the stars is not aliens for they have
    intelligence, but I fear social creatures like ants, that can overrun
    / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com
    Ant is/was listening to a song on his home computer: Garry Schyman - Praan

  14. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 6/21/2008 11:33 PM PT, Ant typed:

    > Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see
    > these two screen shots to see what I am talking about:
    > http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and
    > http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ...
    >
    > I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with SeaMonkey
    > v1.1.9 (Windows XP Pro. SP2), IceApe v1.1.9 (Debian), and Firefox
    > v2.0.0.14.
    >
    > Thank you in advance.

    In both Firefox and SeaMonkey's error consoles, I saw errors...

    Firefox v2.0.0.14:
    Error: The stylesheet
    http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.c...fault/main.css was not
    loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".
    Source File: http://ve3d.ign.com/
    Line: 0

    SM v1.1.9:
    Error: The stylesheet
    http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.c...fault/main.css was not
    loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".
    Source File: http://ve3d.ign.com/
    Line: 0
    Error: _gat is not defined
    Source File: http://ve3d.ign.com/
    Line: 3056

    Are these bad? Maybe these are causing the problems I am having. Do you
    guys see these too?
    --
    "What I fear most from the stars is not aliens for they have
    intelligence, but I fear social creatures like ants, that can overrun
    humans, that feel no emotion, and see us as an easy prey source." --unknown
    /\___/\
    / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com
    Ant is/was listening to a song on his home computer: Garry Schyman - Praan

  15. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    Ant wrote:
    > On 6/21/2008 11:33 PM PT, Ant typed:
    >
    >> Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see
    >> these two screen shots to see what I am talking about:
    >> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and
    >> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ...
    >>
    >> I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with SeaMonkey
    >> v1.1.9 (Windows XP Pro. SP2), IceApe v1.1.9 (Debian), and Firefox
    >> v2.0.0.14.
    >>
    >> Thank you in advance.

    > In both Firefox and SeaMonkey's error consoles, I saw errors...
    >
    > Firefox v2.0.0.14:
    > Error: The stylesheet
    > http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.c...fault/main.css was not
    > loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".
    > Source File: http://ve3d.ign.com/
    > Line: 0
    >

    > SM v1.1.9:
    > Error: The stylesheet
    > http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.c...fault/main.css was not
    > loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".
    > Source File: http://ve3d.ign.com/
    > Line: 0
    > Error: _gat is not defined
    > Source File: http://ve3d.ign.com/
    > Line: 3056
    >

    > Are these bad? Maybe these are causing the problems I am having. Do you
    > guys see these too?

    They loaded fine for me

    --

    Rick
    Fargo, ND

    Remember the USS Liberty
    http://www.ussliberty.org/

  16. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    Ant wrote:
    > On 6/21/2008 11:33 PM PT, Ant typed:
    >
    >> Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see
    >> these two screen shots to see what I am talking about:
    >> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and
    >> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ...
    >>
    >> I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with SeaMonkey
    >> v1.1.9 (Windows XP Pro. SP2), IceApe v1.1.9 (Debian), and Firefox
    >> v2.0.0.14.
    >>
    >> Thank you in advance.

    > In both Firefox and SeaMonkey's error consoles, I saw errors...
    >
    > Firefox v2.0.0.14:
    > Error: The stylesheet
    > http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.c...fault/main.css was not
    > loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".
    > Source File: http://ve3d.ign.com/
    > Line: 0
    >

    > SM v1.1.9:
    > Error: The stylesheet
    > http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.c...fault/main.css was not
    > loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".
    > Source File: http://ve3d.ign.com/
    > Line: 0
    > Error: _gat is not defined
    > Source File: http://ve3d.ign.com/
    > Line: 3056
    >

    > Are these bad? Maybe these are causing the problems I am having. Do you
    > guys see these too?

    They loaded fine for me

    --

    Rick
    Fargo, ND

    Remember the USS Liberty
    http://www.ussliberty.org/

  17. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 6/22/2008 7:55 PM PT, Rick typed:

    > Ant wrote:
    >> On 6/21/2008 11:33 PM PT, Ant typed:
    >>
    >>> Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see
    >>> these two screen shots to see what I am talking about:
    >>> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and
    >>> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ...
    >>>
    >>> I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with
    >>> SeaMonkey v1.1.9 (Windows XP Pro. SP2), IceApe v1.1.9 (Debian), and
    >>> Firefox v2.0.0.14.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you in advance.

    >> In both Firefox and SeaMonkey's error consoles, I saw errors...
    >>
    >> Firefox v2.0.0.14:
    >> Error: The stylesheet
    >> http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.c...fault/main.css was not
    >> loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".
    >> Source File: http://ve3d.ign.com/
    >> Line: 0
    >>

    >> SM v1.1.9:
    >> Error: The stylesheet
    >> http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.c...fault/main.css was not
    >> loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".
    >> Source File: http://ve3d.ign.com/
    >> Line: 0
    >> Error: _gat is not defined
    >> Source File: http://ve3d.ign.com/
    >> Line: 3056
    >>

    >> Are these bad? Maybe these are causing the problems I am having. Do
    >> you guys see these too?

    > They loaded fine for me

    And you had these console errors too?
    --
    "Ants. There's a size for every picnic, a colour for every occasion, and
    a bite to let you know that they are there. Apart from the bite, that
    / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  18. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    On 6/22/2008 7:55 PM PT, Rick typed:

    > Ant wrote:
    >> On 6/21/2008 11:33 PM PT, Ant typed:
    >>
    >>> Is anyone see bad messups on http://ve3d.ign.com/ ? Please kindly see
    >>> these two screen shots to see what I am talking about:
    >>> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5655/firefox2hn9.gif and
    >>> http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/462...nkey119jv9.gif ...
    >>>
    >>> I was able to reproduce this in two different computers with
    >>> SeaMonkey v1.1.9 (Windows XP Pro. SP2), IceApe v1.1.9 (Debian), and
    >>> Firefox v2.0.0.14.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you in advance.

    >> In both Firefox and SeaMonkey's error consoles, I saw errors...
    >>
    >> Firefox v2.0.0.14:
    >> Error: The stylesheet
    >> http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.c...fault/main.css was not
    >> loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".
    >> Source File: http://ve3d.ign.com/
    >> Line: 0
    >>

    >> SM v1.1.9:
    >> Error: The stylesheet
    >> http://ve3dclient.ign.com/ve3d.ign.c...fault/main.css was not
    >> loaded because its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".
    >> Source File: http://ve3d.ign.com/
    >> Line: 0
    >> Error: _gat is not defined
    >> Source File: http://ve3d.ign.com/
    >> Line: 3056
    >>

    >> Are these bad? Maybe these are causing the problems I am having. Do
    >> you guys see these too?

    > They loaded fine for me

    And you had these console errors too?
    --
    "Ants. There's a size for every picnic, a colour for every occasion, and
    a bite to let you know that they are there. Apart from the bite, that
    could describe a Basenji pretty well." --Len Reddie
    /\___/\
    / /\ /\ \ Phil/Ant @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site)
    \ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
    ( ) or ANTant@zimage.com

  19. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?

    Ant wrote:
    > On 6/22/2008 6:09 PM PT, Stanimir Stamenkov typed:

    >>> I rarely use Firefox v2 (only used for testing) and I always clear
    >>> caches, cookies, etc. in it when I exit it. So it is almost like a
    >>> clean install. Also, I already tried rebooting my Windows computer too.

    >> Clearing caches and cookies is not really like trying with a clean
    >> installation/profile. The point is to try with no extensions installed
    >> whatsoever (to rule them out) and ensure no custom profile settings
    >> might be interfering.

    > OK, here it is with a brand new SM profile:
    > http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1...profileep2.gif
    > (same). I am quite puzzled.

    OK, sometimes, extensions get installed into the program
    directory. Take a look there, and tell us what .jar files
    you see. Don't list the .jar's with the same dates. Those
    are for the program. We want to know the other .jar files.
    Also, list any directorys listed in the Chrome directory
    of the program directory.

    help!!!! Emails to me may become public

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

  20. Re: Web pages messed up on ve3d.ign.com?