Sent return receipts - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Sent return receipts - Mozilla ; Hi. I would like to understand if there is a way to save the -sent- return receipts in the sent folder or any other way to archive them. Thanks....

  1. Sent return receipts

    Hi.

    I would like to understand if there is a way to save the -sent- return
    receipts in the sent folder or any other way to archive them.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Sent return receipts

    On 21.06.2008 11:35, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused JeanCK to
    generate the following:? :
    > Hi.
    >
    > I would like to understand if there is a way to save the -sent- return
    > receipts in the sent folder or any other way to archive them.
    >
    > Thanks.

    RIGHT click the account name that you wish to edit
    select New Folder
    Enter the name (call it Return Receipts)
    in the lower field, tell TB where to save the new folder (probably best
    under Inbox)

    you can then Drag'n'Drop the incomming receipts to that folder, or
    create a filter to send them there automatically!

    reg

  3. Re: Sent return receipts

    On 21.06.2008 14:56 » squaredancer« wrote:
    > On 21.06.2008 11:35, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused JeanCK to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> Hi.
    >>
    >> I would like to understand if there is a way to save the -sent-
    >> return receipts in the sent folder or any other way to archive them.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > RIGHT click the account name that you wish to edit
    > select New Folder
    > Enter the name (call it Return Receipts)
    > in the lower field, tell TB where to save the new folder (probably
    > best under Inbox)
    >
    > you can then Drag'n'Drop the incomming receipts to that folder, or
    > create a filter to send them there automatically!
    >
    > reg

    Have had difficulties with filters & IMAP! Any advice here??
    Günter

  4. Re: Sent return receipts

    On 21.06.2008 15:09, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused gNeandr to
    generate the following:? :
    > On 21.06.2008 14:56 » squaredancer« wrote:
    >
    >> On 21.06.2008 11:35, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused JeanCK to
    >> generate the following:? :
    >>
    >>> Hi.
    >>>
    >>> I would like to understand if there is a way to save the -sent-
    >>> return receipts in the sent folder or any other way to archive them.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>

    >> RIGHT click the account name that you wish to edit
    >> select New Folder
    >> Enter the name (call it Return Receipts)
    >> in the lower field, tell TB where to save the new folder (probably
    >> best under Inbox)
    >>
    >> you can then Drag'n'Drop the incomming receipts to that folder, or
    >> create a filter to send them there automatically!
    >>
    >> reg
    >>

    > Have had difficulties with filters & IMAP! Any advice here??
    > Günter

    not from here - I use pop3

    reg

  5. Re: Sent return receipts

    JeanCK wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > I would like to understand if there is a way to save the -sent- return
    > receipts in the sent folder or any other way to archive them.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Goto Tools > Account Settings > That mail account > Return receipt .
    Under 'When a receipt arrives' , select 'Move it to my sent folder' .

    To archive them in different folder , use a filter on Msg subject as reg
    has already mentioned .

  6. Re: Sent return receipts

    gNeandr wrote:

    > Have had difficulties with filters & IMAP! Any advice here??
    > Günter

    Please provide some more information about this problem .
    Btw , as your problem is different than OP so please post your questions
    separately .

  7. Re: Sent return receipts

    On 21/06/2008, 14.56.06, squaredancer in
    wrote:
    > On 21.06.2008 11:35, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused JeanCK to generate
    > the following:? :
    >> I would like to understand if there is a way to save the -sent- return
    >> receipts in the sent folder or any other way to archive them.

    > RIGHT click the account name that you wish to edit
    > select New Folder
    > Enter the name (call it Return Receipts)
    > in the lower field, tell TB where to save the new folder (probably best under
    > Inbox)
    >
    > you can then Drag'n'Drop the incomming receipts to that folder, or create a
    > filter to send them there automatically!

    Maybe my first message was not clear...I would like to archive the
    outgoing return receipts which I am asked to send, not the incoming
    receipts.
    Thanks.

  8. Re: Sent return receipts

    On 22.06.2008 12:10, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused JeanCK to
    generate the following:? :
    > On 21/06/2008, 14.56.06, squaredancer in
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On 21.06.2008 11:35, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused JeanCK to generate
    >> the following:? :
    >>
    >>> I would like to understand if there is a way to save the -sent- return
    >>> receipts in the sent folder or any other way to archive them.
    >>>

    >> RIGHT click the account name that you wish to edit
    >> select New Folder
    >> Enter the name (call it Return Receipts)
    >> in the lower field, tell TB where to save the new folder (probably best under
    >> Inbox)
    >>
    >> you can then Drag'n'Drop the incomming receipts to that folder, or create a
    >> filter to send them there automatically!
    >>

    > Maybe my first message was not clear...I would like to archive the
    > outgoing return receipts which I am asked to send, not the incoming
    > receipts.
    > Thanks.

    don't those "sent" acknowlegments get put into the Sent folder?? If
    yes, you can drag'n'drop them from there as well, to anyplace you want!

    reg

  9. Re: Sent return receipts

    On 22/06/2008, 15.53.41, squaredancer in
    <5padnYmAUPT4xMPVnZ2dnUVZ_tPinZ2d@mozilla.org> wrote:
    > On 22.06.2008 12:10, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused JeanCK to generate
    > the following:? :
    >> On 21/06/2008, 14.56.06, squaredancer in
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 21.06.2008 11:35, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused JeanCK to
    >>> generate the following:? :

    >>> you can then Drag'n'Drop the incomming receipts to that folder, or create
    >>> a filter to send them there automatically!

    >> Maybe my first message was not clear...I would like to archive the outgoing
    >> return receipts which I am asked to send, not the incoming receipts.
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > don't those "sent" acknowlegments get put into the Sent folder?? If yes, you
    > can drag'n'drop them from there as well, to anyplace you want!

    well, this is just my problem.... I can't find I way to have the sent
    acknowlegments put in the sent folder (or in any other place...) like
    the other sent mails...
    when you send a return receipt where do you find a trace of it?

  10. Re: Sent return receipts

    On 21/06/2008, 11.35.28, JeanCK in
    wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > I would like to understand if there is a way to save the -sent- return
    > receipts in the sent folder or any other way to archive them.
    >
    > Thanks.

    I was finally suggested to use this extension which seems perfect: "New
    Return Receipt Handler"

    http://www.nic-nac-project.org/~kaosmos/index-en.html

    HTH

    bye