RSS download of the abstract and archiving - Mozilla

This is a discussion on RSS download of the abstract and archiving - Mozilla ; I've set up Thunderbird for rss feeds. I get the updates to the feeds but they are all one liners though I assume that there is an abstract attached. That is what I want and to archive them. But it ...

  1. RSS download of the abstract and archiving

    I've set up Thunderbird for rss feeds.
    I get the updates to the feeds but they are all one liners though I
    assume that
    there is an abstract attached.

    That is what I want and to archive them.

    But it seems that the Tbird archive doesn't get a whole feeds
    abstracts when
    they get the RSSheaders.and link to stories.

    Can I get, automatically, the first paragraph/summary and keep it?
    I've set
    the delete option to never, so I'll at least keep the headline.

  2. Re: RSS download of the abstract and archiving

    DSaygrasha posted the following on 21-Jun-08 06:55:
    > I've set up Thunderbird for rss feeds.
    > I get the updates to the feeds but they are all one liners though I
    > assume that
    > there is an abstract attached.
    >
    > That is what I want and to archive them.
    >
    > But it seems that the Tbird archive doesn't get a whole feeds
    > abstracts when
    > they get the RSSheaders.and link to stories.
    >
    > Can I get, automatically, the first paragraph/summary and keep it?
    > I've set
    > the delete option to never, so I'll at least keep the headline.

    I don't have a solution for you but I am writing off TB for RSS feeds
    sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't

    --

    Windows XP Pro SP3

    Posting from Mozilla server

+ Reply to Thread