Observer Event for URL Fragment ID load? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Observer Event for URL Fragment ID load? - Mozilla ; Hi, I am trying to disable fragment identifier messaging from a Firefox Extension. You can read more about the fragment ID channel here: http://tagneto.blogspot.com/2006/06/...tion-with.html I haven't found a way to disable it directly in Firefox, so I want to write ...

  1. Observer Event for URL Fragment ID load?

    Hi, I am trying to disable fragment identifier messaging from a
    Firefox Extension.
    You can read more about the fragment ID channel here:
    http://tagneto.blogspot.com/2006/06/...tion-with.html

    I haven't found a way to disable it directly in Firefox, so I want to
    write a Firefox extension that disables it. One way to disable it is
    to use an Observer that fires when the user clicks a link like this

    http://foo.com/bar.html#fragment_baz

    Even if the browser already has

    http://foo.com/bar.html

    in its cache.

  2. Re: Observer Event for URL Fragment ID load?

    On Jun 20, 11:53*am, Alex Yip wrote:
    > Hi, I am trying to disable fragment identifier messaging from a
    > Firefox Extension.
    > You can read more about the fragment ID channel here:http://tagneto.blogspot.com/2006/06/...communication-...
    >
    > I haven't found a way to disable it directly in Firefox, so I want to
    > write a Firefox extension that disables it. *One way to disable it is
    > to use an Observer that fires when the user clicks a link like this
    >
    > http://foo.com/bar.html#fragment_baz
    >
    > Even if the browser already has
    >
    > http://foo.com/bar.html
    >
    > in its cache.

    (Sorry, sent it by accident)

    Anyway, http-on-modify-request does not fire when the user clicks on
    http://foo.com/bar.html#fragment_baz. Is this the expected behavior?
    Is there an event that will fire on this click?

    Thanks, Alex

+ Reply to Thread