Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3? - Mozilla ; Hello NG! Was there an update for TMP available to be used on Firefox 3? The latest version of TMP seems not to be working with FF3. Thanks so much, Steve...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

  1. Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    Hello NG!

    Was there an update for TMP available to be used on Firefox 3? The latest version of TMP
    seems not to be working with FF3.

    Thanks so much,
    Steve

  2. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    "Steve Miller" writes:

    > Was there an update for TMP available to be used on Firefox 3? The latest version of TMP
    > seems not to be working with FF3.

    There's a link to a beta version on its Add-on page:

    Carl

  3. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    "Carl Drud" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:87ej6sgj4i.fsf@cdnews.my-fqdn.de...
    > "Steve Miller" writes:
    >
    >> Was there an update for TMP available to be used on Firefox 3? The latest version of TMP
    >> seems not to be working with FF3.

    > There's a link to a beta version on its Add-on page:

    > --
    > Carl

    Hello Carl!

    Thank you for your reply. I don't spot the beta on their site. I even checked back there prior
    to posting to the ng!

    Anyway, I think I will wait until they are out of beta (since I downloaded Google Earth beta
    I changed my mind ).

    It's good to know there will be a later version of TMP soon.

    Thank you,
    Steve

  4. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    "Steve Miller" writes:

    > Thank you for your reply. I don't spot the beta on their site. I even checked back there prior
    > to posting to the ng!

    http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7031

    Tab Mix Plus Dev-Build 0.3.6.1.080406

    --
    Carl

  5. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    The date and time was 6/20/2008 10:28 AM, and on a whim, Steve Miller
    pounded out on the keyboard:

    > "Carl Drud" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:87ej6sgj4i.fsf@cdnews.my-fqdn.de...
    >> "Steve Miller" writes:
    >>
    >>> Was there an update for TMP available to be used on Firefox 3? The latest version of TMP
    >>> seems not to be working with FF3.

    >> There's a link to a beta version on its Add-on page:
    >>
    >> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1122
    >>
    >> --
    >> Carl

    > Hello Carl!
    >
    > Thank you for your reply. I don't spot the beta on their site. I even checked back there prior
    > to posting to the ng!
    >
    > Anyway, I think I will wait until they are out of beta (since I downloaded Google Earth beta
    > I changed my mind ).
    >
    > It's good to know there will be a later version of TMP soon.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Steve

    This one works fine. I couldn't live without TMP (reload tabs feature
    for one) so I had to give the beta a shot.

    --
    Terry R.

  6. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    "Carl Drud" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:87abhgggal.fsf@cdnews.my-fqdn.de...
    > "Steve Miller" writes:
    >
    >> Thank you for your reply. I don't spot the beta on their site. I even checked back there prior
    >> to posting to the ng!

    > http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7031
    >
    > Tab Mix Plus Dev-Build 0.3.6.1.080406
    >
    > --
    > Carl

    Carl,

    I understand this build was no longer beta. Clicking on Dev-Build however resulted
    in a new Firefox window was openend and nothing other happend.

    What's wrong there?

    Thanks,
    Steve

  7. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    "Steve Miller" writes:

    > I understand this build was no longer beta. Clicking on Dev-Build however resulted
    > in a new Firefox window was openend and nothing other happend.
    >
    > What's wrong there?

    You have to allow the the site to install this add-on. You can however
    choose to right click on the link an chose to save the extension to your
    computer (for example your desktop).

    When you're done you open your add-window and drag and drop your
    downloaded extension on to it, and the normal extension install window
    will open.

    --
    Carl

  8. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    "Terry R." schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2M6dnVwnsoEXZsbVnZ2dnUVZ_sHinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > The date and time was 6/20/2008 10:28 AM, and on a whim, Steve Miller pounded out on the keyboard:

    >>> There's a link to a beta version on its Add-on page:
    >>>
    >>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1122
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Carl

    >> Hello Carl!
    >>
    >> Thank you for your reply. I don't spot the beta on their site. I even checked back there prior
    >> to posting to the ng!
    >>
    >> Anyway, I think I will wait until they are out of beta (since I downloaded Google Earth beta
    >> I changed my mind ).
    >>
    >> It's good to know there will be a later version of TMP soon.
    >>
    >> Thank you,
    >> Steve
    >>

    > This one works fine. I couldn't live without TMP (reload tabs feature for one) so I had to give the beta a shot.
    >
    > --
    > Terry R.
    > Anti-spam measures are included in my email address.
    > Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply.

    Thank you Terry!

    I would download the beta since it works fine. But, as I pointed out previousely, where was
    the beta version on their site? I did't find it.

    Steve

  9. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    "Carl Drud" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8763s3hjd7.fsf@cdnews.my-fqdn.de...
    > "Steve Miller" writes:
    >
    >> I understand this build was no longer beta. Clicking on Dev-Build however resulted
    >> in a new Firefox window was openend and nothing other happend.
    >>
    >> What's wrong there?

    > You have to allow the the site to install this add-on. You can however
    > choose to right click on the link an chose to save the extension to your
    > computer (for example your desktop).
    >
    > When you're done you open your add-window and drag and drop your
    > downloaded extension on to it, and the normal extension install window
    > will open.
    >
    > --
    > Carl

    Hi Carl,

    ok thank you. I guess I did understand the procedure. I didn't know I can drag and drop
    an add-on to the add-window. That's new to me. Or, perhaps I don't recall.

    Will the release of the latest TMP version be available on the Firefox add-one site soon?

    What do you think?

    Steve

  10. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    Steve Miller wrote:
    > "Terry R." schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2M6dnVwnsoEXZsbVnZ2dnUVZ_sHinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> The date and time was 6/20/2008 10:28 AM, and on a whim, Steve Miller pounded out on the keyboard:

    >>> Hello Carl!
    >>>
    >>> Thank you for your reply. I don't spot the beta on their site. I even checked back there prior
    >>> to posting to the ng!
    >>>
    >>> Anyway, I think I will wait until they are out of beta (since I downloaded Google Earth beta
    >>> I changed my mind ).
    >>>
    >>> It's good to know there will be a later version of TMP soon.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you,
    >>> Steve
    >>>

    >> This one works fine. I couldn't live without TMP (reload tabs feature for one) so I had to give the beta a shot.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Terry R.
    >> Anti-spam measures are included in my email address.
    >> Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply.

    > Thank you Terry!
    >
    > I would download the beta since it works fine. But, as I pointed out previousely, where was
    > the beta version on their site? I did't find it.
    >
    > Steve

    I think this is what you need.

    http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7031

    Click on Dev Build, at the top of the page.

    Hope that helps.

  11. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    "John" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:AumdnTX3dejpKMHVnZ2dnUVZ_rDinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Steve Miller wrote:
    >> "Terry R." schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2M6dnVwnsoEXZsbVnZ2dnUVZ_sHinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >>> The date and time was 6/20/2008 10:28 AM, and on a whim, Steve Miller pounded out on the keyboard:

    >>> This one works fine. I couldn't live without TMP (reload tabs feature for one) so I had to give the beta a shot.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Terry R.
    >>> Anti-spam measures are included in my email address.
    >>> Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply.

    >> Thank you Terry!
    >>
    >> I would download the beta since it works fine. But, as I pointed out previousely, where was
    >> the beta version on their site? I did't find it.
    >>
    >> Steve
    >>

    > I think this is what you need.
    >
    > http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7031
    >
    > Click on Dev Build, at the top of the page.
    >
    > Hope that helps.

    Hi John,

    Thank you. I already was directed to that site, but wanted to know where the beta versions were
    being on the Firefox add-on site.

    Thank you,
    Steve

  12. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    "Steve Miller" writes:

    > ok thank you. I guess I did understand the procedure. I didn't know I can drag and drop
    > an add-on to the add-window. That's new to me. Or, perhaps I don't recall.
    >
    > Will the release of the latest TMP version be available on the Firefox add-one site soon?
    >
    > What do you think?

    I have no idea. Maybe some of the posts in the TMP forums will give a
    hint.

    http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/

    --
    Carl

  13. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    "Carl Drud" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:87hcbn2mgh.fsf@cdnews.my-fqdn.de...
    > "Steve Miller" writes:
    >
    >> ok thank you. I guess I did understand the procedure. I didn't know I can drag and drop
    >> an add-on to the add-window. That's new to me. Or, perhaps I don't recall.
    >>
    >> Will the release of the latest TMP version be available on the Firefox add-one site soon?
    >>
    >> What do you think?

    > I have no idea. Maybe some of the posts in the TMP forums will give a
    > hint.
    >
    > http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/
    >
    > --
    > Carl

    Many thanks Carl! Have a nice Sunday.

    Steve

  14. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Steve Miller wrote:
    >> "Carl Drud" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    >>> You have to allow the the site to install this add-on. You can however
    >>> choose to right click on the link an chose to save the extension to your
    >>> computer (for example your desktop).
    >>>
    >>> When you're done you open your add-window and drag and drop your
    >>> downloaded extension on to it, and the normal extension install window
    >>> will open.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Carl

    >> Hi Carl,
    >>
    >> ok thank you. I guess I did understand the procedure. I didn't know I
    >> can drag and drop
    >> an add-on to the add-window. That's new to me. Or, perhaps I don't
    >> recall.
    >>
    >> Will the release of the latest TMP version be available on the Firefox
    >> add-one site soon?
    >>
    >> What do you think?
    >>
    >> Steve
    >>

    > I went to the TMP website, and couldn't find any way to download the
    > beta version. Not that I feel any great need for the add-on, but I was
    > going to see why everyone seemed to think it was the best thing since
    > the invention of the string bikini....

    I believe it can be found under the "Forums - Builds - TabMix
    Plus Dev. Build 0.3.6.x" thread on the add-ons home page. Look
    for postings by "Onemen"; the link is in his sig lines.

    Ann

  15. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    Steve Miller wrote:
    > "Carl Drud" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8763s3hjd7.fsf@cdnews.my-fqdn.de...
    >> "Steve Miller" writes:
    >>
    >>> I understand this build was no longer beta. Clicking on Dev-Build however resulted
    >>> in a new Firefox window was openend and nothing other happend.
    >>>
    >>> What's wrong there?

    >> You have to allow the the site to install this add-on. You can however
    >> choose to right click on the link an chose to save the extension to your
    >> computer (for example your desktop).
    >>
    >> When you're done you open your add-window and drag and drop your
    >> downloaded extension on to it, and the normal extension install window
    >> will open.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Carl

    > Hi Carl,
    >
    > ok thank you. I guess I did understand the procedure. I didn't know I can drag and drop
    > an add-on to the add-window. That's new to me. Or, perhaps I don't recall.
    >
    > Will the release of the latest TMP version be available on the Firefox add-one site soon?
    >
    > What do you think?
    >
    > Steve

    I went to the TMP website, and couldn't find any way to download the
    beta version. Not that I feel any great need for the add-on, but I was
    going to see why everyone seemed to think it was the best thing since
    the invention of the string bikini....

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  16. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    "Ron Hunter" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:g-SdnX1eOMV1ucDVnZ2dnUVZ_ozinZ2d@mozilla.org...
    > Steve Miller wrote:

    >>> You have to allow the the site to install this add-on. You can however
    >>> choose to right click on the link an chose to save the extension to your
    >>> computer (for example your desktop).
    >>>
    >>> When you're done you open your add-window and drag and drop your
    >>> downloaded extension on to it, and the normal extension install window
    >>> will open.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Carl

    >> Hi Carl,
    >>
    >> ok thank you. I guess I did understand the procedure. I didn't know I can drag and drop
    >> an add-on to the add-window. That's new to me. Or, perhaps I don't recall.
    >>
    >> Will the release of the latest TMP version be available on the Firefox add-one site soon?
    >>
    >> What do you think?
    >>
    >> Steve

    > I went to the TMP website, and couldn't find any way to download the beta version. Not that I feel any great need for the add-on,
    > but I was going to see why everyone seemed to think it was the best thing since the invention of the string bikini....
    >

    > --
    > Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

    Well, it saves you all you're doing on Firefox, and you'll have all the sites
    back when the browser was restarted.

    Plus, if you close a window or tab by mistake (these days there could have
    been lots of tabs opened in a window when the window was closed ) TMP
    brings all that back. Previousely visited sites in single tabs, the scroll states,
    everything. I couldn't think how you can live without such features.

    Steve

  17. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    "Steve Miller" writes:

    > Well, it saves you all you're doing on Firefox, and you'll have all the sites
    > back when the browser was restarted.

    FF has that feature without TMP.

    > Plus, if you close a window or tab by mistake (these days there could have
    > been lots of tabs opened in a window when the window was closed ) TMP
    > brings all that back. Previousely visited sites in single tabs, the scroll states,
    > everything. I couldn't think how you can live without such features.

    Again available without TMP.

    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/features/

    --
    Carl

  18. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    "Carl Drud" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:87zlpehcw7.fsf@cdnews.my-fqdn.de...
    > "Steve Miller" writes:
    >
    >> Well, it saves you all you're doing on Firefox, and you'll have all the sites
    >> back when the browser was restarted.

    > FF has that feature without TMP.
    >
    >> Plus, if you close a window or tab by mistake (these days there could have
    >> been lots of tabs opened in a window when the window was closed ) TMP
    >> brings all that back. Previousely visited sites in single tabs, the scroll states,
    >> everything. I couldn't think how you can live without such features.

    > Again available without TMP.
    >
    > http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/features/
    >
    > --
    > Carl

    Firefox has a session restore feature. No coincidentally closed tab or window
    restore option as far as I do know.

    Steve

  19. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    "Steve Miller" >
    > "Carl Drud" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:87zlpehcw7.fsf@cdnews.my-fqdn.de...
    >> "Steve Miller" writes:
    >>
    >>> Well, it saves you all you're doing on Firefox, and you'll have all the sites
    >>> back when the browser was restarted.

    >> FF has that feature without TMP.
    >>
    >>> Plus, if you close a window or tab by mistake (these days there could have
    >>> been lots of tabs opened in a window when the window was closed ) TMP
    >>> brings all that back. Previously visited sites in single tabs, the scroll states,
    >>> everything. I couldn't think how you can live without such features.

    As Carl pointed out http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/features/
    shows that Firefox has a session restore.

    Someone pointed out to me TMP is using the Firefox session restore
    which means additional code to support features in older browser versions
    that you don't need. But there is a note in blue on the TMP homepage
    http://tmp.garyr.net/ that probably indicates otherwise.
    So the author would be right about his extension, but will it be better
    in TMP than in Firefox, conjecture on my part but not very likely

    If you are not getting Session restore without TMP then possible the feature
    is turned off in Firefox. Try about:cache on the location bar then
    Filter on: sesssion

    check for userset entries for
    browser.history.*
    browser.sessionhistory.*
    browser.sessionstore.*

    If you don't have the default entries for the above check
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries

    To restore a closed tab, right click on any tab or on the
    tab bar for the "Undo close"

    If you do not show tabs at all times you might want to change to
    Tools, Options, Tab, Always show the tab bar

  20. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    "David McRitchie" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:mPKdnS8fqLDMx8DVnZ2dnUVZ_uednZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > "Steve Miller" >

    >>> FF has that feature without TMP.

    > As Carl pointed out http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/features/
    > shows that Firefox has a session restore.
    >
    > Someone pointed out to me TMP is using the Firefox session restore
    > which means additional code to support features in older browser versions
    > that you don't need. But there is a note in blue on the TMP homepage
    > http://tmp.garyr.net/ that probably indicates otherwise.
    > So the author would be right about his extension, but will it be better
    > in TMP than in Firefox, conjecture on my part but not very likely
    > If you are not getting Session restore without TMP then possible the feature
    > is turned off in Firefox. Try about:cache on the location bar then
    > Filter on: sesssion
    >
    > check for userset entries for
    > browser.history.*
    > browser.sessionhistory.*
    > browser.sessionstore.*
    >
    > If you don't have the default entries for the above check
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries
    > To restore a closed tab, right click on any tab or on the
    > tab bar for the "Undo close"
    >
    > If you do not show tabs at all times you might want to change to
    > Tools, Options, Tab, Always show the tab bar

    Hello David!

    Thank you I never new I can undo closed tabs with Firefox and no add-on. Does
    it work also for closed windowa?

    I closed windows which had, let's say, about twenty open tabs, that had lived there
    for months. Then there was no way to bring back all the sites cause they where
    there for so long and I didn't remember them all correctely. Also not the 'history'
    of certain tabs which also can be of some importance.

    Steve

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast