Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3? - Mozilla ; "Steve Miller" wrote: > Thank you I never new I can undo closed tabs with Firefox and no add-on. Does > it work also for a closed window? > > I closed windows which had, let's say, about twenty open ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 35 of 35

  1. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    "Steve Miller" wrote:
    > Thank you I never new I can undo closed tabs with Firefox and no add-on. Does
    > it work also for a closed window?
    >
    > I closed windows which had, let's say, about twenty open tabs, that had lived there
    > for months. Then there was no way to bring back all the sites cause they where
    > there for so long and I didn't remember them all correctly. Also not the 'history'
    > of certain tabs which also can be of some importance.

    I remove the History menu, but you might check there.

    If you kept them open for months, think Firefox would have to bring up
    the page each time Firefox restarted, so try History (Ctrl+H) and sort
    by date (actually date groupings). You can search from there.

    and you can search from the location bar by using words in the title,
    or url -- don't know if you tried that or not. It will pick them up
    if they were bookmarked and the hits are below the max entries .

    Probably said that I would not save whole bunch of tabs from session
    to session, as I would put them into a folder (within a folder) on my
    bookmarks bar and open them up at once. I have too many pages to
    go through to limit my usage to having some pages always open.

  2. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    "David McRitchie" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:bOSdnd0oxKLJ9cDVnZ2dnUVZ_oninZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > "Steve Miller" wrote:
    >> Thank you I never new I can undo closed tabs with Firefox and no add-on. Does
    >> it work also for a closed window?
    >>
    >> I closed windows which had, let's say, about twenty open tabs, that had lived there
    >> for months. Then there was no way to bring back all the sites cause they where
    >> there for so long and I didn't remember them all correctly. Also not the 'history'
    >> of certain tabs which also can be of some importance.

    > I remove the History menu, but you might check there.
    >
    > If you kept them open for months, think Firefox would have to bring up
    > the page each time Firefox restarted, so try History (Ctrl+H) and sort
    > by date (actually date groupings). You can search from there.
    >
    > and you can search from the location bar by using words in the title,
    > or url -- don't know if you tried that or not. It will pick them up
    > if they were bookmarked and the hits are below the max entries .
    >
    > Probably said that I would not save whole bunch of tabs from session
    > to session, as I would put them into a folder (within a folder) on my
    > bookmarks bar and open them up at once. I have too many pages to
    > go through to limit my usage to having some pages always open.

    With the later Hard- and Software this works pretty well I find. You can keep
    them open and have them (the tabs ) at hand while you need them. Also, if you
    backup all your settings regularly you'll have it all back as you have left it even
    in case of a hard drive failure. There weren't so many other things that could
    happen to your computer. Therefore I think this procedure was very favorable.

    It's unbelievable what all you can do on a computer and what it's all good for.
    As understand I will not get a closed window and its open tabs back with no
    add-on? Could have been it worked for Firefox3, yet.

  3. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    Steve Miller wrote:
    > "Ron Hunter" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:g-SdnX1eOMV1ucDVnZ2dnUVZ_ozinZ2d@mozilla.org...
    >> Steve Miller wrote:

    >>> Hi Carl,
    >>>
    >>> ok thank you. I guess I did understand the procedure. I didn't know I can drag and drop
    >>> an add-on to the add-window. That's new to me. Or, perhaps I don't recall.
    >>>
    >>> Will the release of the latest TMP version be available on the Firefox add-one site soon?
    >>>
    >>> What do you think?
    >>>
    >>> Steve

    >> I went to the TMP website, and couldn't find any way to download the beta version. Not that I feel any great need for the add-on,
    >> but I was going to see why everyone seemed to think it was the best thing since the invention of the string bikini....
    >>

    >> --
    >> Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

    > Well, it saves you all you're doing on Firefox, and you'll have all the sites
    > back when the browser was restarted.
    >
    > Plus, if you close a window or tab by mistake (these days there could have
    > been lots of tabs opened in a window when the window was closed ) TMP
    > brings all that back. Previousely visited sites in single tabs, the scroll states,
    > everything. I couldn't think how you can live without such features.
    >
    > Steve

    Well, most of that is built into FF3, and I don't use more than 4 or 5
    tabs at a time. Probably not worth the ram it will take up for me.

  4. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    Annailis wrote:
    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >> Steve Miller wrote:
    >>> "Carl Drud" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    >>> Hi Carl,
    >>>
    >>> ok thank you. I guess I did understand the procedure. I didn't know I
    >>> can drag and drop
    >>> an add-on to the add-window. That's new to me. Or, perhaps I don't
    >>> recall.
    >>>
    >>> Will the release of the latest TMP version be available on the
    >>> Firefox add-one site soon?
    >>>
    >>> What do you think?
    >>>
    >>> Steve
    >>>

    >> I went to the TMP website, and couldn't find any way to download the
    >> beta version. Not that I feel any great need for the add-on, but I
    >> was going to see why everyone seemed to think it was the best thing
    >> since the invention of the string bikini....
    >>

    > I believe it can be found under the "Forums - Builds - TabMix Plus Dev.
    > Build 0.3.6.x" thread on the add-ons home page. Look for postings by
    > "Onemen"; the link is in his sig lines.
    >
    > Ann

    Well, they didn't try to HIDE it did they. Wouldn't everyone look for a
    download link in a discussion forum? Sigh.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  5. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    Steve Miller wrote:
    > "Carl Drud" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:87zlpehcw7.fsf@cdnews.my-fqdn.de...
    >> "Steve Miller" writes:
    >>
    >>> Well, it saves you all you're doing on Firefox, and you'll have all the sites
    >>> back when the browser was restarted.

    >> FF has that feature without TMP.
    >>
    >>> Plus, if you close a window or tab by mistake (these days there could have
    >>> been lots of tabs opened in a window when the window was closed ) TMP
    >>> brings all that back. Previousely visited sites in single tabs, the scroll states,
    >>> everything. I couldn't think how you can live without such features.

    >> Again available without TMP.
    >>
    >> http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/features/
    >>
    >> --
    >> Carl

    > Firefox has a session restore feature. No coincidentally closed tab or window
    > restore option as far as I do know.
    >
    > Steve

    As far as YOU know.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  6. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    "Ron Hunter" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6ridnaE169BiM8DVnZ2dnUVZ_uydnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Annailis wrote:
    >> Ron Hunter wrote:

    >>> I went to the TMP website, and couldn't find any way to download the beta version. Not that I feel any great need for the
    >>> add-on, but I was going to see why everyone seemed to think it was the best thing since the invention of the string bikini....
    >>>

    >> I believe it can be found under the "Forums - Builds - TabMix Plus Dev. Build 0.3.6.x" thread on the add-ons home page. Look for
    >> postings by "Onemen"; the link is in his sig lines.
    >>
    >> Ann

    > Well, they didn't try to HIDE it did they. Wouldn't everyone look for a download link in a discussion forum? Sigh.
    >

    > --
    > Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

    Thank you both. I just tried to be kind of funny .

  7. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    "Ron Hunter" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6ridnaA169CyMsDVnZ2dnUVZ_uydnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Steve Miller wrote:

    >>> FF has that feature without TMP.

    >>> Again available without TMP.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/features/
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Carl

    >> Firefox has a session restore feature. No coincidentally closed tab or window
    >> restore option as far as I do know.
    >>
    >> Steve

    > As far as YOU know.
    >

    > --
    > Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

    Yes right. One can not restore a window, as far as I do know. Also the tabs
    that maybe were open in the window are gone when the window was closed
    as far as I do know.

    Steve

  8. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    "Ron Hunter" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ObOdnb7LNcLPHcDVnZ2dnUVZ_vCdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Steve Miller wrote:

    >>> I went to the TMP website, and couldn't find any way to download the beta version. Not that I feel any great need for the
    >>> add-on, but I was going to see why everyone seemed to think it was the best thing since the invention of the string bikini....
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

    >> Well, it saves you all you're doing on Firefox, and you'll have all the sites
    >> back when the browser was restarted.
    >>
    >> Plus, if you close a window or tab by mistake (these days there could have
    >> been lots of tabs opened in a window when the window was closed ) TMP
    >> brings all that back. Previousely visited sites in single tabs, the scroll states,
    >> everything. I couldn't think how you can live without such features.
    >>
    >> Steve

    > Well, most of that is built into FF3, and I don't use more than 4 or 5 tabs at a time. Probably not worth the ram it will take up
    > for me.

    However, I was asking if that works. Not more or else. That was all.

  9. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    The date and time was 6/21/2008 1:15 AM, and on a whim, Steve Miller
    pounded out on the keyboard:

    > "John" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:AumdnTX3dejpKMHVnZ2dnUVZ_rDinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> Steve Miller wrote:

    >>> Thank you Terry!
    >>>
    >>> I would download the beta since it works fine. But, as I pointed out previousely, where was
    >>> the beta version on their site? I did't find it.
    >>>
    >>> Steve
    >>>

    >> I think this is what you need.
    >>
    >> http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7031
    >>
    >> Click on Dev Build, at the top of the page.
    >>
    >> Hope that helps.

    > Hi John,
    >
    > Thank you. I already was directed to that site, but wanted to know where the beta versions were
    > being on the Firefox add-on site.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Steve

    Hi Steve,

    The betas aren't available on the FF site. Only on the writers site.

    --
    Terry R.

  10. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    Terry R. wrote:
    > The date and time was 6/21/2008 1:15 AM, and on a whim, Steve Miller
    > pounded out on the keyboard:
    >
    >> "John" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> news:AumdnTX3dejpKMHVnZ2dnUVZ_rDinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..

    >>> I think this is what you need.
    >>>
    >>> http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7031
    >>>
    >>> Click on Dev Build, at the top of the page.
    >>>
    >>> Hope that helps.

    >> Hi John,
    >>
    >> Thank you. I already was directed to that site, but wanted to know
    >> where the beta versions were
    >> being on the Firefox add-on site.
    >>
    >> Thank you,
    >> Steve
    >>

    > Hi Steve,
    >
    > The betas aren't available on the FF site. Only on the writers site.

    And then, only through a link in the forum, I am told.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  11. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    The date and time was 6/23/2008 7:16 AM, and on a whim, Ron Hunter
    pounded out on the keyboard:

    > Terry R. wrote:
    >> The date and time was 6/21/2008 1:15 AM, and on a whim, Steve Miller
    >> pounded out on the keyboard:
    >>
    >>> "John" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>> news:AumdnTX3dejpKMHVnZ2dnUVZ_rDinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..

    >>> Hi John,
    >>>
    >>> Thank you. I already was directed to that site, but wanted to know
    >>> where the beta versions were
    >>> being on the Firefox add-on site.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you,
    >>> Steve
    >>>

    >> Hi Steve,
    >>
    >> The betas aren't available on the FF site. Only on the writers site.
    >>

    > And then, only through a link in the forum, I am told.

    Yes, the link above points to the forum.

    --
    Terry R.

  12. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    "Terry R." schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:xfadnU6YsdAuJ8LVnZ2dnUVZ_tPinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > The date and time was 6/23/2008 7:16 AM, and on a whim, Ron Hunter pounded out on the keyboard:
    >
    >> Terry R. wrote:
    >>> The date and time was 6/21/2008 1:15 AM, and on a whim, Steve Miller pounded out on the keyboard:

    >>> Hi Steve,
    >>>
    >>> The betas aren't available on the FF site. Only on the writers site.
    >>>

    >> And then, only through a link in the forum, I am told.
    >>

    > Yes, the link above points to the forum.
    >
    > --
    > Terry R.
    > Anti-spam measures are included in my email address.
    > Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply.

    Hi guys,

    I think I will wait a little; until the update was available on the Firefox site.

    Steve

  13. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    Steve Miller wrote:
    > "Terry R." schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:xfadnU6YsdAuJ8LVnZ2dnUVZ_tPinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> The date and time was 6/23/2008 7:16 AM, and on a whim, Ron Hunter pounded out on the keyboard:

    >>> And then, only through a link in the forum, I am told.
    >>>

    >> Yes, the link above points to the forum.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Terry R.
    >> Anti-spam measures are included in my email address.
    >> Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply.

    > Hi guys,
    >
    > I think I will wait a little; until the update was available on the Firefox site.
    >
    > Steve

    I am sure that would be the safe alternative, but life is short.

    --
    Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net

  14. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    The date and time was 6/23/2008 11:41 AM, and on a whim, Steve Miller
    pounded out on the keyboard:

    > "Terry R." schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:xfadnU6YsdAuJ8LVnZ2dnUVZ_tPinZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> The date and time was 6/23/2008 7:16 AM, and on a whim, Ron Hunter pounded out on the keyboard:

    >>> And then, only through a link in the forum, I am told.
    >>>

    >> Yes, the link above points to the forum.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Terry R.
    >> Anti-spam measures are included in my email address.
    >> Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply.

    > Hi guys,
    >
    > I think I will wait a little; until the update was available on the Firefox site.
    >
    > Steve

    Hi Steve,

    I guess if you can live without whatever features you need, you should
    be fine (or stay with v2). I had to have the reloading of tabs, so the
    beta fills the bill.

    --
    Terry R.

  15. Re: Was a TMP update available for Firefox 3?

    Thanks.
    Steve

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2