Fix "Small Fonts"? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Fix "Small Fonts"? - Mozilla ; Agent has a feature called "Small Font Fix" to "fix" the font size as posted by certain other mail clients that tend to specify really tiny fonts by default, when viewing the HTML versions of messages. Is there a setting ...

  1. Fix "Small Fonts"?

    Agent has a feature called "Small Font Fix" to "fix" the font size as
    posted by certain other mail clients that tend to specify really tiny
    fonts by default, when viewing the HTML versions of messages.

    Is there a setting or something to do this in Thunderbird? I've
    looked, but I haven't found anything. Nor did I turn up anything
    searching for "font" in the Extensions library.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    "Herein lies the value of free speech. It makes concealment
    difficult, and, in the long run, impossible. One heretic, if he is
    right, is as good as a host. He is bound to win in the long run. It
    is thus no wonder that foes of the enlightenment always begin their
    proceedings by trying to deny free speech to their opponents. It is
    dangerous to them and they know it. So they have at it by accusing
    these opponents of all sorts of grave crimes and misdemeanors, most of
    them clearly absurd - in other words, by calling them names and trying
    to scare them." - H. L. Mencken

  2. Re: Fix "Small Fonts"?

    Jeffrey Kaplan keyboarded, On 6/19/2008 11:34 PM :
    > Agent has a feature called "Small Font Fix" to "fix" the font size as
    > posted by certain other mail clients that tend to specify really tiny
    > fonts by default, when viewing the HTML versions of messages.
    >
    > Is there a setting or something to do this in Thunderbird? I've
    > looked, but I haven't found anything. Nor did I turn up anything
    > searching for "font" in the Extensions library.

    Assuming a Windows OS, open Tools > Options to Display > Formatting and
    click on Fonts. In the next dialot You will find a Minimun Size drop
    down. Set this active and pick a size.

    --
    Ron K.

  3. Re: Fix "Small Fonts"?

    Previously on mozilla.support.thunderbird, Ron K. said:

    > Assuming a Windows OS, open Tools > Options to Display > Formatting and
    > click on Fonts. In the next dialot You will find a Minimun Size drop
    > down. Set this active and pick a size.

    Oh.

    The sizes are "off". I just set it to 10, which is the same as my
    default font in Agent, and the text is still way smaller. I had to
    bump it to 13 (the same as the "Size (Pixels)" settings) to get the
    same actual display font size.

    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

    "What do you want?" "To live." "I can't help you there. That's
    between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute. You are your god. That's
    a problem." - Jack O'Neill and Apophis, SG1

+ Reply to Thread