Send to mail recipient - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Send to mail recipient - Mozilla ; Since installing MS Office 2007, if I: 1. Right click on a file which I want to send as an attached file, and 2. Select Send To, and 3. select !Mail Recipient, Windows XP opens MS Outlook Express, even though ...

  1. Send to mail recipient

    Since installing MS Office 2007, if I:

    1. Right click on a file which I want to send as an attached file, and
    2. Select Send To, and
    3. select !Mail Recipient,

    Windows XP opens MS Outlook Express, even though Thunderbird is set as
    my default e-mail client. Before installing MS Office 2007, Thunderbird
    would have been opened.

    Is there anyway around this?

    OliverS

  2. Re: Send to mail recipient

    OliverS keyboarded, On 6/19/2008 1:50 PM :
    > Since installing MS Office 2007, if I:
    >
    > 1. Right click on a file which I want to send as an attached file, and
    > 2. Select Send To, and
    > 3. select !Mail Recipient,
    >
    > Windows XP opens MS Outlook Express, even though Thunderbird is set as
    > my default e-mail client. Before installing MS Office 2007,
    > Thunderbird would have been opened.
    >
    > Is there anyway around this?
    >
    > OliverS

    You shoud try doing a reset of the Default. It is possible the Office
    stole the MailTo: protocol and gave it to OE. Close TB and from Control
    Panel set OE as Default. Open and Close OE. Reopen Tbird and reset it
    to be default and close. Try the Send To bit again.

    --
    Ron K.

  3. Re: Send to mail recipient

    Ron K. wrote:
    > OliverS keyboarded, On 6/19/2008 1:50 PM :
    >> Since installing MS Office 2007, if I:
    >>
    >> 1. Right click on a file which I want to send as an attached file, and
    >> 2. Select Send To, and
    >> 3. select !Mail Recipient,
    >>
    >> Windows XP opens MS Outlook Express, even though Thunderbird is set as
    >> my default e-mail client. Before installing MS Office 2007,
    >> Thunderbird would have been opened.
    >>
    >> Is there anyway around this?
    >>
    >> OliverS

    > You shoud try doing a reset of the Default. It is possible the Office
    > stole the MailTo: protocol and gave it to OE. Close TB and from Control
    > Panel set OE as Default. Open and Close OE. Reopen Tbird and reset it
    > to be default and close. Try the Send To bit again.

    Thanks for the response.

    When I went to Control-Panel>Internet, I found that although TB was set
    as the default for Newsgroups, OE was set as the default for Mail. I
    changed the default to Tbird, and now things are working correctly.

    But TB should have been checking the default settings when I opened it
    -- I will have to check out that one.

    OliverS

  4. Re: Send to mail recipient

    On 19.06.2008 23:14, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused OliverS to
    generate the following:? :
    > Ron K. wrote:
    >
    >> OliverS keyboarded, On 6/19/2008 1:50 PM :
    >>
    >>> Since installing MS Office 2007, if I:
    >>>
    >>> 1. Right click on a file which I want to send as an attached file, and
    >>> 2. Select Send To, and
    >>> 3. select !Mail Recipient,
    >>>
    >>> Windows XP opens MS Outlook Express, even though Thunderbird is set as
    >>> my default e-mail client. Before installing MS Office 2007,
    >>> Thunderbird would have been opened.
    >>>
    >>> Is there anyway around this?
    >>>
    >>> OliverS
    >>>

    >> You shoud try doing a reset of the Default. It is possible the Office
    >> stole the MailTo: protocol and gave it to OE. Close TB and from Control
    >> Panel set OE as Default. Open and Close OE. Reopen Tbird and reset it
    >> to be default and close. Try the Send To bit again.
    >>

    > Thanks for the response.
    >
    > When I went to Control-Panel>Internet, I found that although TB was set
    > as the default for Newsgroups, OE was set as the default for Mail. I
    > changed the default to Tbird, and now things are working correctly.
    >
    > But TB should have been checking the default settings when I opened it
    > -- I will have to check out that one.
    >
    > OliverS

    there is usually a checkbox for to set TB "to check every time" someplace!

    reg

  5. Re: Send to mail recipient

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 19.06.2008 23:14, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused OliverS to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> Ron K. wrote:
    >>
    >>> OliverS keyboarded, On 6/19/2008 1:50 PM :

    >>> You shoud try doing a reset of the Default. It is possible the Office
    >>> stole the MailTo: protocol and gave it to OE. Close TB and from
    >>> Control Panel set OE as Default. Open and Close OE. Reopen Tbird and
    >>> reset it to be default and close. Try the Send To bit again.
    >>>

    >> Thanks for the response.
    >>
    >> When I went to Control-Panel>Internet, I found that although TB was
    >> set as the default for Newsgroups, OE was set as the default for
    >> Mail. I changed the default to Tbird, and now things are working
    >> correctly.
    >>
    >> But TB should have been checking the default settings when I opened it
    >> -- I will have to check out that one.
    >>
    >> OliverS
    >>

    > there is usually a checkbox for to set TB "to check every time" someplace!
    >
    > reg

    Tools-Options-General-System defaults....

  6. Re: Send to mail recipient

    On 20.06.2008 14:58, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Gordon to
    generate the following:? :
    > squaredancer wrote:
    >
    >> On 19.06.2008 23:14, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused OliverS to
    >> generate the following:? :

    >>> Thanks for the response.
    >>>
    >>> When I went to Control-Panel>Internet, I found that although TB was
    >>> set as the default for Newsgroups, OE was set as the default for
    >>> Mail. I changed the default to Tbird, and now things are working
    >>> correctly.
    >>>
    >>> But TB should have been checking the default settings when I opened it
    >>> -- I will have to check out that one.
    >>>
    >>> OliverS
    >>>

    >> there is usually a checkbox for to set TB "to check every time" someplace!
    >>
    >> reg
    >>

    > Tools-Options-General-System defaults....

    thanks for looking, Gordon - I'm a lazy sod but I do have "thoughts"
    sometimes *lol*

    reg

+ Reply to Thread