thunderbird extdev: parse mime message - Mozilla

This is a discussion on thunderbird extdev: parse mime message - Mozilla ; Hello everyone, I am searching the way how to parse mime message using thunderbird interfaces or the way how thunderbird do this. I was able to read the whole message into the string when it arrives in msgDatabase (onHdrAdded event ...

  1. thunderbird extdev: parse mime message

    Hello everyone,

    I am searching the way how to parse mime message using thunderbird
    interfaces or the way how thunderbird do this.
    I was able to read the whole message into the string when it arrives in
    msgDatabase (onHdrAdded event of nsIDBChangeListener) using the
    nsIMsgMessageService.copyMessage.
    Basically I don't want to code own parser and rather I would like to use
    existing (hopefully there is something in thunderbird).
    Could someone, please, provide me with the code samples or pointers/links to
    the resources how to parse mime message in terms of thunderbird?

    Thanks,
    Yaroslav

  2. Re: thunderbird extdev: parse mime message

    I found that libmime (mailnew/mime) is used to parse/emit html messages.
    But I am wondering how it works? Could someone explain me?

    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I am searching the way how to parse mime message using thunderbird
    > interfaces or the way how thunderbird do this.
    > I was able to read the whole message into the string when it arrives in
    > msgDatabase (onHdrAdded event of nsIDBChangeListener) using the
    > nsIMsgMessageService.copyMessage.
    > Basically I don't want to code own parser and rather I would like to use
    > existing (hopefully there is something in thunderbird).
    > Could someone, please, provide me with the code samples or pointers/links
    > to the resources how to parse mime message in terms of thunderbird?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Yaroslav

+ Reply to Thread